What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 8 vs Cowboys @ 1300SMILES Stadium

Who will win? Round 8: Cowboys v Knights

• North Queensland Cowboys 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This second half has been terrible. You'd take 24 12 against the Cowboys at the start of the year but we should have beat this depleted side.

I know theyre young but the committee meetings after each penalty need to stop.

Pedge1971

First Grade
There is is again. Backs taking hit ups fwds get the ball in the attacking zone. Starling at 1st receiver last play of the game sums it all up......

Swarzey

Bench
God we're missing Buhrer. No leadership, nobody to keep the side calm and focused. It's all just a bunch of kids and reserve grade quality players out there for the most part trying to figure it out for themselves. Front row stocks are lazy; we must throw everything at Graham. Still see good things in the Saifiti's if their attitude lifts. Lamb I thought tried hard, came up with a few top plays but needs an experienced and steady hand or at least a creative mind to help him in 5/8. And I'm excited to see what kind of potential a Lamb and Ponga combination could have,

Really, really lost out there.

Couple that with Stockwell completely cutting off any momentum we might have been building at the start of the half, Pete's cold drop when time was creeping up on us, we make life difficult for ourselves more than our opponents.

Oh well. Can't wait to get beat by the Titans next week in similar fashion.

slotmachine

First Grade
Lamb is young and I defend him but what were his top plays tonight? Feeney did more in 15 minutes.

The tries came from Sione throwing it into a cows player and Elliott clowning ponga

Btp

Juniors
Went into this game thinking we'd get flogged. Then 1st half made me think there was a possibility. To be let down in 2nd half. They were gallant... 10x more gallant and committed then last year. But the way we through it away was so disappointing.

Kicking game was one very telling reason to why we lost, no pressure provided by it, basically disadvantaged us. I'm not putting it all on Lamb though, he's in a team that anyone would struggle to break the game open. Our forwards, as hard as they are trying just don't have it to provide the room for him, or a Gagai, or a Ross to do something.

Spot On

Coach
Swap Feeney and Lamb around after Feeney had been targetted for 60 plus mins gents and we wouldn't be so complimentary.

Spot On

Coach
Went into this game thinking we'd get flogged. Then 1st half made me think there was a possibility. To be let down in 2nd half. They were gallant... 10x more gallant and committed then last year. But the way we through it away was so disappointing.

Kicking game was one very telling reason to why we lost, no pressure provided by it, basically disadvantaged us. I'm not putting it all on Lamb though, he's in a team that anyone would struggle to break the game open. Our forwards, as hard as they are trying just don't have it to provide the room for him, or a Gagai, or a Ross to do something.

Exactly. Great post.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Did anyone else see Saifiti come of the back fence for 1 (just 1) run tonight and make almost 30m. This is what kills me about the twins. Do it f**king more often!

Spot On

Coach
Did anyone else see Saifiti come of the back fence for 1 (just 1) run tonight and make almost 30m. This is what kills me about the twins. Do it f**king more often!

Yes. Pretty sure it will all come together with time and experience.

Lamb, Levi, Sione, J Saifiti, D Saifiti, Stone, Yates are all how old?

Btp

Juniors
Never seen a team so desperately need to sign a top quality half and front rower. for practically an under 20's/NSW Cup side they are competing so hard and are almost getting there sometimes, but they won't prevail until a playmaking general takes a shot with us and signs.

The ingredients are there, there is a team there that is so willing to win week in week out and learn from some leaders. We just need those leaders to take the f**king money and come show the way! I'm telling ya whoever does will be rewarded with a very hardened and committed team.

Glendale

Juniors
Yes. Pretty sure it will all come together with time and experience.

Lamb, Levi, Sione, J Saifiti, D Saifiti, Stone, Yates are all how old?

Bizarrely, the team we put out there tonight was probably less experienced then any team we put on the field there last year. Last year we had Mullen, Sims bros, Smith, Uate still in the side. This year we have lost all them plus Kostjasyn, Buhrer and Hodko. 20 year old Sione was the captain ffs.

Btp

Juniors
Also. If we had Ponga in our team tonight... I reckon we win. Commitment wise I think our team is playing better then Tigers and Penrith. We just lack that class player or two to break the f**king game open for us.

I'd be way more pissed as a supporter of a team like Penrith or Tigers who have great rosters, some real talent and still not execute........ A little like I was a few years ago when we had the talent, but wouldn't comit mentally. Ha.

Man.. Mentally this team this year is actually impressive. They're dogged. I just hope for their sake, they get rewarded for it in due time.

Btp

Juniors
100% would target. Probably not who we REALLY need, but a better option then Hodgkinson, Renyolds and MBye. He laps them in talent. Given the control of the team I think he could be fantastic. Takes all the pressure off Lamb, I think they would work well together.

Now for a couple front rowers to protect them and get them up field. Hmmmm

Can't believe the Titans have dropped Elgey for Tyrone Roberts. We could really do with a player like Elgey