What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 8 vs Dolphins @ Suncorp Stadium, Milton / Yuggera-Turrbal

Who will win? Round 8: Dolphins v Newcastle

• Dolphins 13+

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Dolphins 1-12

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Haffa

Maybe I'm imagining things but I feel like Brodie Jones has looked ok this year. I don't mind him getting another go, but I would have been happy for DSaf to give way for Croker even though it's a size downgrade.
Jones has only played 49 minutes of football over two games this season. He probably caught your eye because its rare to see him at all even when picked. 53 run metres and 20 tackles combined in those 49 minutes.

As bad as DSaf is Jones is not the answer.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Not sure anyone is saying Jones is the answer, but he has had a few good touches. He’s produced decent numbers in NSW Cup too.

I'm not convinced about Jones still, but D Saf needs to be dropped regardless.

Ugh...never been so tempted not to even watch. Dolphins have a bunch of dynamic, high energy players that we typically can't handle. Should be an absolute annihilation and that's not even pessimism, just realistic expectation.

Our coach and key areas of our roster are just wack. How else to put it?

Apey

Staff member
It's going to be a real punish to watch us for the rest of the year unless the players pull their fingers out with no Ponga. I'm already dreading some of our home games I will still no doubt attend.

Woody90

Juniors
I think this game will set the scene for whether the remaining squad are planning on giving it a real crack and stepping up with no Ponga or just plod along for the rest of the season.

For that reason alone I’m pretty keen to watch this game. Must be crazy.

We aren’t getting close to them. So let us just hope Armstrong proves he is a first grader and stands out.
Mapa
Cant - a commentators nightmare
Pryce
Hopefully they get their chance soon. Cos it must be frustrating for them watching the ineptitude which gets picked ahead of them every week.
Our cup side is getting flogged half the time and are sitting 10th in a 13 team competition. If they are frustrated at not getting a shot in the NRL side it's unjustified

Nuke

Staff member
"Teammates informed their managers..."

Players should probably tell their trainers / coaches that a scuffle took place.

Unless in 2024, players tell their managers, who then contact the coaches managers.

Burwood

Bench
"Teammates informed their managers..."

Players should probably tell their trainers / coaches that a scuffle took place.

Unless in 2024, players tell their managers, who then contact the coaches managers.
It was an opposed training session- every coach and trainer would have seen it with their own eyes.

Woody90

Juniors
Unfortunately I get the feeling we might not have hit rock bottom yet and that’s coming up.

Hope I’m wrong. Really want to see Armstrong have a good debut.

Old dog

Juniors
Hope Armstrong gets through his debut with a strong basically error free game. Could be our f/b For rest of season.
Am thinking we could have a very strong effort although likely a loss
Effort is required from all 17 but don’t overdo causing too many errors, good solid performance required

Knight Tales

Juniors
If Armstrong tears it up then we should be considering overhauling the 17 and go for it. It would be special to see kids like Cant (Cowboys see his potential), Pryce, and Sau come through and own it.

Yosh

Coach
I've supported the team through thick and thin for over 20 years but I can't think of a game I've been less excited for. Looking forward to Armstrong but we're just going to play one out boring football again aren't we? We are going to have no aggression in attack and no line speed in defense and we will make half the run metres of the other team.

What's there to look forward to?

Latest posts