What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 9 vs Titans @ Cbus Super Stadium

Who will win? Round 9: Titans v Knights

• Gold Coast Titans 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gold Coast Titans 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 1-12

• Newcastle Knights 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

slotmachine

First Grade
THIS.

We can point fingers till the cows come home.

The fact is we hit rock bottom at the absolute wrong time - when the cap exploded, and TPA's became insane.

Maybe they shouldn't have bottomed out so hard. Brown hasn't been picking his best 17 since day dot.

I reckon we will attract more players by going for more than we are currently targeting.
I liked the plan in place up until now but I reckon only a few players won't change anything. Every player not on contract for 2018 should be on notice. Some on contract for 2018 should be on notice.
We'll regret letting some go but will kill what we if we keep this up.

macavity

Referee
Maybe they shouldn't have bottomed out so hard. Brown hasn't been picking his best 17 since day dot.

I don't think they "intended" to bottom out this hard.

But who did we punt (not left, but punted by us) who we should have kept?

Tyrone is literally the only one you could make an argument for, and took him a year to look decent at the Titans.

slotmachine

First Grade
Brown picked yates and king today. Paea made 150m and 40 tackles last week in cup. King made 76m and 28 tackles in his last cup game. Plus he can't catch.

Randall looked decent at the start of last year before he went on the coaches shit list. I remember he made 55 tackles with none missed in an early game. How is freezing him out (when he's not getting re-signed anyway) while feeney goes to hooker and sione plays in the halves a smart option?

Hardcore_Fan

Juniors
You know, the open market. Brown busy only targeting the rep players who have laughed at us. Meanwhile plenty of guys who are better than starling or stockwell get snaffled up.

You do not know who we have targeted. Only what has been said in the media.

And there has been sweet f**k all on the market anyway.

I'd agree with Randell off the bench. He adds a little bit of experience. Levi can't handle a full game. Neither can most of the team.

perverse

Referee
I just don't buy that with the amount of money we have free that we can't get ANYONE in the NRL, even with the TPA disadvantage.

We're not willing to pay what we perceive to be overs, but our valuation is based on what we have to spend, not what others have to spend. That's a different thing entirely, and while it looks good on paper, I think we're seeing where that actually gets us.

Johns Magic

Referee
Ahhh slotmachine you sad merkin. I knew you'd be rubbing your hands with glee.

Which players that Brown has cut did you not bitch and moan about and would want back?

Do you really think the club is not in a better position now than when Stone was here?

perverse

Referee
Ahhh slotmachine you sad merkin. I knew you'd be rubbing your hands with glee.

Which players that Brown has cut did you not bitch and moan about and would want back?

Do you really think the club is not in a better position now than when Stone was here?
The club is in a better position in that we have money to spend, but the team is undoubtedly worse.

perverse

Referee
But we are now in a position to improve it. We weren't previously. That is the difference. Just because it all hasn't happened like we would want at once doesn't mean we aren't going in the right direction.
I feel like we need to prove that we're still moving in a direction, because it can't be seen on the field.

slotmachine

First Grade
Was today the right direction? Look at the list of off-contract players. How much better are we going to be in 2018? Maybe we will reach the lofty heights of the Stone years and win 8 games.