What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mathew Wade - Australias tough little nugget

Absolutely and utterly useless.

That missed stumping....F M D!!!

Smith, Head...if looks could kill.

We need to file an injunction to stop the merkin going to India.

T-Boon

Coach
Wade is poo. He shouldn't be called the wicketkeeper. He should be called the arse - or the behind.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Amazing how some one so incompetent can get a game for Australia and even more incompetent how our selectors keep picking him.

Timbo

Staff member
With Nev's cheek busted that's that for now.

There is no test cricket between India and the Ashes either.

undertaker

Coach
With Nev's cheek busted that's that for now.

There is no test cricket between India and the Ashes either.
Not true.

Australia is playing 2 tests vs Bangladesh in the Top End in August. First time we are playing test matches against them since 2006

8Ball

First Grade
I said in a post that I don't have a problem with him in the ODI side as batting skill has a much greater weighting in terms of importance in short form cricket compared to test cricket..........and he pretty much won us the game in the first match

But Jesus f**king Christ is his "keeping" hard to watch.

I thought a better keeper would have made a much better effort of taking Sharjeel's chance off Stanlake too, but Wadey made it look impossible.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Hardly a mention in the commentary after yet another miss, Healy is gutless. Bags Sarfraz's keeping all series but won't say boo about Scissorhands derping his way through another game.

Timbo

Staff member
Not true.

Australia is playing 2 tests vs Bangladesh in the Top End in August. First time we are playing test matches against them since 2006

They're on the FTP but it doesn't seem like they're actually happening. A friend of mine made an inquiry about them and the response was some nonsense about the FTP being provisional.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with Dickfingers being in the ODI team, till some one else comes along. Neville is not an ODI player but he is a test quality keeper.

Hopefully one of the BBL keepers can force their way into the ODI team as its probabaly only a matter of time before the selectors run out of patience with Dickfingers.

The look that Smith gave last night when Wade f**ked up was priceless and I doubt he'll want to put up with him for much longer.

T-Boon

Coach
Just give Handscomb the gloves in the short forms. Very little pressure. Very good way to see if he is up to the task in proper cricket.

Incorrect

Coach
Only got to see the footage this morning of the missed stumping and his stupid throw to the non strikers end that went for overthrows.... What can you say about this guy? He has made more errors this summer alone than Healy and Gilchrist made combined in 15+ years keeping for Australia....

I love the way he looked at Smith yesterday after missing that stumping and gesticulated as if to say "that really skidded on" or some other lame excuse.... LOL...

In a pervere, masochistic way I am actually looking forward to watching him keep in 4 tests in India....

JJ

Immortal
I wouldn't give Handscomb the gloves unless he's already shown he's a good keeper. Despite his Bradman like average I think there are many questions about him - teams will now develop plans having seen a bit of him, and a lot of conditions outside Australia will be interesting... also, people are lauding him as a fixture in the ODI side after last night, his List A average is 32 with no 100s, he was a disciplined run up away from a duck, and was scratchy for a long while...

He's made a tremendous start, but he's not as good as his international form suggests, let him establish himself rather than add keeping

As an aside, is it really the case that Nevill and Wade are the two best keeping options in Australia? Both are ok with the bat, Nevill merely decent with the gloves, and Wade is historically shit

Incorrect

Coach
As an aside, is it really the case that Nevill and Wade are the two best keeping options in Australia? Both are ok with the bat, Nevill merely decent with the gloves, and Wade is historically shit
I must say that on the evidence of what has been on show from all keepers this summer in all formats, wicket-keeping standards have dropped in general everywhere...

Barkley

Bench
I was hoping that Jimmy Peirson would have a good BBL season with the bat. He has shown patches of great batting but has been far to inconsistent. He glove work alone would be worth the gamble of throwing him a ODI jumper.

Latest posts