What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mathew Wade - Australias tough little nugget

Eelectrica

Referee
Put down the pitchforks chaps. As we all know, Matty has been keeping well and contributed a well compiled 1 yesterday. I think we can shut the gate on this one, it was a beautiful inner half of the bat and bit of thigh pad glance to fine leg for a well taken single and it has made the selectors sit up and take notice.
The real question is how is Wade's chat behind the stumps? That's what's really important here, as long as he keeps up the chat behind the stumps, he has a job for life in the Aus team.

8Ball

First Grade
Mitch Marsh was the WA captain.. Australian cricket just isn't what it used to be.

Tommy Smith

Referee
"Hey dad, when did Test cricket in Australia die?"

"Well son, back in 2017 Matt Renshaw's place in the Test team was under scrutiny because he wasn't scoring quick enough for some people, despite striking at a rate comparable to the likes of Steve Waugh, Jacques Kallis, Sunil Gavaskar, and Rahul Dravid. That, son, was the day the Aussie test team lost it's identity and forgot its past".

TheParraboy

Staff member

"Well son, back in 2017 Matt Renshaw's place in the Test team was under scrutiny because he wasn't scoring quick enough for some people, despite striking at a rate comparable to the likes of Steve Waugh, Jacques Kallis, Sunil Gavaskar, and Rahul Dravid. That, son, was the day the Aussie test team lost it's identity and forgot its past".

"but dad, grandpa says it it all this rugby union fellas fault, pat howard"

But daddy didn't Australia win the Ashes 5-0 in 2017-18

Matt23

Staff member
Maybe Wade should have moved to WA, then he’d have the brown nose gnome bitching for his selection..

Timbo

Staff member
http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/21269559/steven-smith-demands-more-voice-peter-nevill

What the f**k is going on.

Smith, telling Nevill he needs more 'niiiiiice Garrrrys' to get in consideration?

Is this really where we are? Actual confirmation that keeping and batting has bugger f**k all to do with being the Australian test keeper?

58b60830d26ef5b1f63fd4edb732fe5c220cba41465f207836d5bf861c5ece40.jpg

mozza91

Coach
Wade is an expert at controlling energy levels. Brings the levels up with a 'nice Gary' and immediately brings them down by dropping a regulation catch.

Bazal

Post Whore
I may well look back at this moment as the one where I finally lost faith in Smith (as a fan)
My God mate, if you want some chirp, you're standing in the slips...have a crack yourself. Captaining a side is hardly so taxing that you can't throw out a jibe or two

Incorrect

Coach
http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/21269559/steven-smith-demands-more-voice-peter-nevill

What the f**k is going on.

Smith, telling Nevill he needs more 'niiiiiice Garrrrys' to get in consideration?

Is this really where we are? Actual confirmation that keeping and batting has bugger f**k all to do with being the Australian test keeper?

58b60830d26ef5b1f63fd4edb732fe5c220cba41465f207836d5bf861c5ece40.jpg
I find a fair bit of what Steve Smith says lately to be borderline embarrassing. If shouting inanities from behind the stumps is really how a keeper's worth is measured in Steve Smith's eyes, then pick Wade and live with the dropped catches, low scores and countless byes Steve. Don't try and turn Nevill in to some sort of parody by demanding he chirp at the opposition like some simpleton... FFS get a grip Cricket Australia

Timbo

Staff member
I think Smith was probably too young for the gig when it was give to him. He's absolutely lost me as captain.

They'd have been better off giving it to Voges for a few years while he was still there. It needed an old head.

What's the odds Nevill has a shocker next shield game? He'll be so preoccupied with 'niiiiiiiice garrrrrrry' that he'll fall off his game.

But then, he'll be a shit keeper/bat, and that's apparently what we want.

Latest posts