What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mathew Wade - Australias tough little nugget

mozza91

Coach
You have to be impressed with his confidence/delusion. I lose all my confidence after 1 dropped catch, this prick has dropped thousands of them and still has tickets on himself.

Timbo

Staff member
This merkin makes me angry beyond words.

He's not in the top 6 keeper batsmen in the country. Not in the top 12.

I wouldn't want him in my grade team.

TheParraboy

Staff member
What Wade needs to do now is back up his words and earn the baggy green

If he can score good runs in Shield cricket and more importantly be faultless behind the stumps then he will be there in the Brisbane test.

Timbo

Staff member

If he can score good runs in Shield cricket and more importantly be faultless behind the stumps then he will be there in the Brisbane test.

He could get out hit wicket twice, handled ball twice, timed out and obstructed fielder in his six knocks, miss thirty catches, thirty stumpings and push a make a wish foundation child down a flight of stairs (I'm assuming the kid was there to meet Paine) and he'll still be wearing the gloves in Brisbane.

Bazal

Post Whore

At which point he will go back to the Wade we all know and loathe, conceding 143 byes and dropping Joe Root on 12, 17, 19, 33, 57, 86, 87, 87, 90, 98, 101, 126, 149, 190, 201, 202, 223 and 229. And that's just the first innings

gUt

Coach
but his patter will be on point and fierce and his nice gazzas will keep us all entertained

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

We really dont need to see him in any first class matches, we already know what he is capable of after years of international cricket

hineyrulz

Post Whore
This merkin makes me angry beyond words.

He's not in the top 6 keeper batsmen in the country. Not in the top 12.

I wouldn't want him in my grade team.
I wouldn’t want him in my Wednesday night A grade indoor team.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
They keep saying in the media his keeping has improved, how is that even possible???

As Timbo said he wouldn’t be even in the top 20 keepers in the country. f**king Warne and his fat plastic mouth.

Iafeta

Referee
Hwhahahahahahahahahahahamwahahagahagamwwwaaahggahahahahahahaha. Comedy gold. Matty you poor delusional fool.

It gets worse

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...e/news-story/709f0ad70a965e37ed3e8b5a754fa4da

Australian Test captain Steve Smith writes of his high regard for embattled wicketkeeper Matthew Wade

STEVE Smith has heaped praise on Matthew Wade’s contribution and potential in Test cricket, providing renewed hope to the embattled wicketkeeper that he can still save himself from the Ashes axe.

The dogs are barking that Wade is dead man walking in the lead-up to the first Test at the Gabba, with NSW gloveman Peter Nevill the firm favourite to return.

Former Test great Ian Healy believes selectors may have already foreshadowed their intentions by “disrespectfully” dropping Wade for a one-day match in India.

Smith pulled no punches after the series in Bangladesh about where Wade stood with an average of just 20 from 10 Tests back in the side – declaring it was either immediate runs in the Sheffield Shield or bust for the Tasmanian.

However, in his new book The Journey, Smith has opened up in fascinating detail on the high regard he holds for Wade as a leader and his belief that if given time, the 29-year-old has a bright future in Australian cricket.

It is clear Smith was a huge supporter of the call to recall Wade at Nevill’s expense after the Hobart disaster against South Africa midway through last summer, when five players were culled.

Still, the question 12 months on is how much time can Wade be given, but at the very least, Smith’s account has highlighted what a massive call it would be to dump the wicketkeeper and team “sounding board” on the eve of the Ashes.

“Matthew is someone I’ve known since the Australian Institute of Sport tour of India in 2007 and we have always got on well,” Smith writes in his book.

“A journalist once told me he regarded Matthew as the cricketing equivalent of a stone in your shoe and although that might not sound all that flattering, in terms of the impact he has on the opposition, I think it is an accurate and positive portrayal of what he brings to the table.

“I like his grittiness, his energy both on and off the field, I like the fact he’s vocal on the field and I like the feisty way he’s’ willing to get stuck in.

“Matthew likes to be involved in the sticky situations on the ground, something he’s done already on several occasions with success in limited-overs cricket, and although he had a modest time with the bat in the Test summer of 2016-17 I think of him as someone who will get more success the more he plays in the longest form of the game.

“He’s good to have around the group as he reads the game well and I have found him to be an excellent sounding board for ideas out on the field. He is certainly a player I enjoy having in my team.”

The equation appears pretty simple for Wade – he likely must score a Sheffield Shield hundred in the coming three matches, starting with Tasmania’s opening round clash against Western Australia in Perth.

It’s understood Wade feels such damning criticism of his batting record is harsh, given 12 of his 22 career Test matches have taken place in either the sub-continent or spinning West Indies.

Wade scored a ton in one of his 10 home Tests at the SCG back in 2013 and is adamant he can prove his batting worth if given a full summer on favourable, bouncy pitches.

However, the fact Wade’s overall first-class record has slipped below 40 to an average of 37.57 indicates his run-making has gone backwards in recent years, and certainly he wasn’t in hot form with the bat when he was recalled at Nevill’s expense midway through last summer.

Smith said after Bangladesh that Wade had owned up to the group that he was taking personal responsibility for needing runs.

“I think Matty knows (this) himself … he came out to a few of the guys the other day and said he needed more runs,” said Smith at the time.

“He’s open and honest about that.”

“… hopefully he will get a few big scores and ‘keep really well and keep putting his name up.”

f**k you Smith you stupid merkin

Timbo

Staff member
Smith dumps Cowan for his mate in the NSW setup.

Smith keeping his mate Wade in the Aussie side.

I am going very, very cold on Smith. Michael Clarke v. 2.0

Smith dumps Cowan for his mate in the NSW setup.

Smith keeping his mate Wade in the Aussie side.

I am going very, very cold on Smith. Michael Clarke v. 2.0
Don't speak ill of the pup

Atleast he had aggressive fields,i know he f**ked The Kat but Smith
is way way worse