What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matt Dufty re-signs until end of 2019

getsmarty

Immortal
If Dufty kicks on... And we manage to find ourselves a quality outside back to fill Nighy's shoes.. Suddenly our backline is looking classy. Let's just use Koroibete as an example, off contract in 2019 and he represents pace, which is what everybody wants!

1. Dufty
2. Macdonald
3. Lomax
4. Lafai
5. Koroibete
6. Widdop
7. Hunt

Mann.........leading try scorer in 2016 on the left wing and only played 1/2 the year.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
If Dufty kicks on... And we manage to find ourselves a quality outside back to fill Nighy's shoes.. Suddenly our backline is looking classy. Let's just use Koroibete as an example, off contract in 2019 and he represents pace, which is what everybody wants!

1. Dufty
2. Macdonald
3. Lomax
4. Lafai
5. Koroibete
6. Widdop
7. Hunt

Spot on tom

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Interesting timing for the re-signing, albeit a very welcome one, with the reports that RTS is looking at leaving the Warriors at the end of this season either to play Union or with another NRL Club. If so they'll be a rush to sign quality fullback at the end of this season and securing Dufty now he's a very smart move particularly if he has a breakout year as he will be in big demand with some big dollar staring at him but now he's secured with us they have to look elsewhere.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
I must say when Peter Mulholland pulled the pin I was devastated. Take a bow Ian Millward, I think he is doing an exceptional job with recruitment. We now have a great mix of youth and experience. Looking good for the future!

You know, it's really interesting.. I was initially completely on the same page, thought Mulholland was a huge loss and Millward was a massive downgrade.
Now it seems to all be in reverse, Mulholland has been criticised for his poor recruitment at the Raiders of late, and Millward has been doing an exceptional job!

Perspective is a funny thing.

LINESPEED

Juniors

1. Dufty
2. Macdonald
3. Lomax
4. Lafai
5. Koroibete
6. Widdop
7. Hunt

MacDonald FFS??

Life's Good

Coach
Great news ..I always believe juniors play from the heart first before money..in 2010 when we won comp we had coops gaz nighty young hornby Morris ..all local boys who loved the club ...passion comes from the heart not the wallet...go dragons
Nice way of putting it.

Frank Facer

First Grade
You know, it's really interesting.. I was initially completely on the same page, thought Mulholland was a huge loss and Millward was a massive downgrade.
Now it seems to all be in reverse, Mulholland has been criticised for his poor recruitment at the Raiders of late, and Millward has been doing an exceptional job!

Perspective is a funny thing.
I wasn't very impressed with Mullholand's recruitment for us. Off the top of my head, I can not think of any signings of note that he made, can anyone else name some notable signings that Mulholland made?

I am impressed with Millwards recruitment and retention.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I'm sure the Dragons would sign him for longer right now on his current price if they could. But Dufty surely wouldn't want to sign long term knowing his value is likely to rise if he plays a season in the top grade.

Once again, the word 'if' reaffirms itself as (arguably) the most powerful word in the English language.

Personally, I'll be surprised if Dufty lasts the full season, not because I don't think he's capable, it's the 'coach' who's demonstrated a propensity for impatience (think Mann).