What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matthew Lodge Arrested in New York

Life's Good

Coach
Hooper made to look like a clown defending this thug on 360.
You could have stopped at ‘Hooper made to look like a clown’.

I cant believe I’m writing this but Rothfield was spot on pointing out Lodge hasnt made amends or really served any sort of punishment for what he did(Packer, M’au & Wicks deservedly served time).
I hope Lodge goes on to have a good career and some point soon we hear he has settled what he is meant to pay. Anything less than that is incredibly poor form.

Didn't the Dragons sign packer?

Glass houses and all that.

Most Dragons fan, self included, were against the signing. Redemption is possible for anyone but it should take a lot more than a "top bloke now/reformed/daddy/community ambassador" statement from the club.

Rusty has to live with his actions forever, as he should. His was, in the end, a story of successful reform through Rugby League. Love or hate the Broncs, everyone, as a fan or as a person should hope that Lodge improves and reforms himself. At the moment though the information we have is that he's a bogan f**kwit and that's how I view him. Hope he shakes that image and makes a go of it.

some11

Referee
At the moment though the information we have is that he's a bogan f**kwit and that's how I view him.

No doubt, he didn't even seem shamed by the whole thing judging by the fact he was partying with mates when he got back, like 'f**k yeah I didn't have to go to jail' when he should have been thinking 'how the f**k did I end up in Rikers Island'.

I genuinely think he's some kind of psycho/sociopath.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Anyone want to start a book on how long it'll take this neanderthal to get back into trouble? I imagine it's pretty much bolted on that anyone who commits a disgusting crime like he did, and really receives no strong punishment for it, is guaranteed to be a repeat offender in some way.

Bennett tried to save James Gavet and failed, James Roberts is only still around because he's protected by the cone of silence up there...Uncle Wayne won't be enough to protect Lodge. And we all understand he'll flick him like a dry booger as soon as shit hits the fan.

some11

Referee
James Roberts is only still around because he's protected by the cone of silence up there...
If Jimmy ever has a prolonged form slump that will change very quickly.

Lodge better perform or he'll be out on his arse and f**ked for life. When Martin Kennedy bombed he had to turn to illegal reptile trafficking.

Diesel

Referee
Anyone want to start a book on how long it'll take this neanderthal to get back into trouble? I imagine it's pretty much bolted on that anyone who commits a disgusting crime like he did, and really receives no strong punishment for it, is guaranteed to be a repeat offender in some way.

Bennett tried to save James Gavet and failed, James Roberts is only still around because he's protected by the cone of silence up there...Uncle Wayne won't be enough to protect Lodge. And we all understand he'll flick him like a dry booger as soon as shit hits the fan.
News Ltd’s CM and Channel 9 Brisbane will ensure his next indescression is covered up. The CCTV always goes missing

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
If Jimmy ever has a prolonged form slump that will change very quickly.

Lodge better perform or he'll be out on his arse and f**ked for life. When Martin Kennedy bombed he had to turn to illegal reptile trafficking.

100%. Uncle Wayne won't protect him if he's plodding up 50m a game.