What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matthew Lodge Arrested in New York

some11

Referee
who the f**k is Chris Martin?
Never heard of the f**ker.

Do people calling for a boycott realise that it significantly reduces the possibility of damages being paid to his victims? Lodge isn't going to find another job that has the earning capacity of rugby league. He's on a minimum wage contract and a short leash but that will change if he actually gets his shit together and accepts responsibility.

Also, he's in my SuperCoach team so I need the f**ker to play.

Last edited:

Saxon

Bench
That certainly wasn't due to tearing the game in half to do so.
Not saying the way Murdoch did it was right - it wasn't. But Packer was absolutely raping the game; getting Premium high rating content for a song. The previous deal was 80 million over 7 years including cable FFS! That's 11.5 million a year compared to roughly 350 million a year now.

RazorRam0n

Juniors

Do people calling for a boycott realise that it significantly reduces the possibility of damages being paid to his victims? Lodge isn't going to find another job that has the earning capacity of rugby league. He's on a minimum wage contract and a short leash but that will change if he actually gets his shit together and accepts responsibility.

He can earn more on the mines than his "pitiful" contract

Tell your sob story walking

Delboy

First Grade

Lodge turned down considerably more from the Knights to sign for minimum at the Broncos. I think we can guess how the difference is made up, Andrew Gee anyone. Nothing to do with thoroghbreds either, as they say it's only a rort if you're not involved

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Not saying the way Murdoch did it was right - it wasn't. But Packer was absolutely raping the game; getting Premium high rating content for a song. The previous deal was 80 million over 7 years including cable FFS! That's 11.5 million a year compared to roughly 350 million a year now.
All sports have massively increased in broadcast rights value. Rugby league hamstrung itself deliberately during a period of massive potential.

Canard

Immortal

I don't believe he can be legally forced to pay back any money earned in Australia.

He won't be taking the kids to New York or Disneyland ever though.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I don't believe he can be legally forced to pay back any money earned in Australia.

He won't be taking the kids to New York or Disneyland ever though.

Good thing he's a neanderthal who is a) unlikely to work out how to breed b) now lives in Brisbane, where culture and awareness of the wider world are non-existent.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Cool story what do you think of Sydney?

Honestly, never been. Strikes me as a bunch of wankers who think they're high class by virtue of house value.

In my experience, being a dumb shit no impediment to breeding, in fact its almost the opposite.

Very true. But I feel like Matt is so dumb he'd not have the simple knowledge to even know where to put it. And to not knock the woman out first.