What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Matthew Lodge Arrested in New York

Question for me is, did the NRL know the specifics of these allegations, and if so what weight did it put on them in the decision to allow him to play?

The specifics of these allegations with what we know happened in New York should be enough to ban him from the game.

The allegations alone are difficult to act on, I’m not sure the NRL should get into that territory, but combined with what we do know about Matt Lodge they’re quite powerful.

El Diablo

Post Whore
How can anyone blame media for reporting of terrorising a young family and declaring death whilst stalking?
only when it's the likes of Halloran because then it's faux outrage and written solely because she hates Rugby League and not because of what Lodge did

if the Skaf brothers played for her beloved Swannies she'd probably say a grave injustice has been served

taipan

Referee
The NRL needs to call a press conference ,with Karen Murphy of the Integrity Unit involved.They need to finally get on the front foot and spell out tp every man, dog and these gimpish female AFL sycophants what exactly Lodge had to do to get back into the game.

Halloran is nothing more than a 2nd grade journo.Just get part of the facts if it suits your anti NRL agenda and go for it.
The sooner someone outs her, for her anti rl views publicly, the better.Either that or karma is a bitch.

mxlegend99

Referee
The NRL needs to call a press conference ,with Karen Murphy of the Integrity Unit involved.They need to finally get on the front foot and spell out tp every man, dog and these gimpish female AFL sycophants what exactly Lodge had to do to get back into the game.

Halloran is nothing more than a 2nd grade journo.Just get part of the facts if it suits your anti NRL agenda and go for it.
The sooner someone outs her, for her anti rl views publicly, the better.Either that or karma is a bitch.
Or ban the f**king grubby piece of shit from the game.

The merkin doesnt deserve it...and it's not his second chance. He used that one up already.

mxlegend99

Referee
Agree IMO the bad publicity the game is getting because he's back ins, is not doing it any good.
I would have preferred he stayed away from the game full stop.
Yep. Nothing to gain from it. This was always going to be ashitty look for the game.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Yep. Nothing to gain from it. This was always going to be ashitty look for the game.

They’ve taken a punt on him being like Russel Packer or the couple of other ex jailbirds in the game and getting a redemption/rehabilitation story out of it but Its not coming off.

Reactions: zmt

insert.pause

First Grade
Which is why Greenberg should have done his job and put the games image first. Instead, the games image has copped millions of dollars worth of damage in the last three weeks, and for what? No player is worth that, certainly not one with the history of Matt Lodge. The NRL exists to grow and protect rugby league, they failed to do so in both respects as a result of such an easily avoidable decision.

I would also hate to think what NRL resources have been spent on the rehabilitation of a criminal, like money that could have been used for the actual betterment of the game.

Having said that, these allegations aren't anything new, it is yet another story dredged up from years ago that has already been tested by the courts and reported by the media.

El Diablo

Post Whore
and now the SMH has an article on the NRMA and Lodge

and it was by another AFL stooge

i refuse to pay any attention to these AFL sycophants who only write articles because of the code of football Lodge plays

Robert Tehve

Juniors
I don't have an issue .... in general with convicted criminals being given a chance, lodge had one legally and spat at it.
My other issue is with Bennet's hypocrisy ..... he preaches the holy then thou standards they have at the Broncos then takes on this guy ?
Lodge needs a few more years on the side line given what he did, these sports take public money and expect help building stadiums so they need to represent value to society.
I'm a for some quality calling out of the Telegraph for double standards. But in the same breath we shouldn't then confine DISlodges behaviour and turn a blind eye to it, as the NRL has done. We've created a rod for our own back here unnecessarily to appease old mate Wayne.

Reactions: PJ