What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

McCrone is the worst halfback in the comp

Western red

Juniors
Field completed outclasses McCrone tonight.

You may claim that I am scapegoating here, but McCrone literally lost us the game tonight. Giving away four 7 tackle sets (3 back to back) when momentum was in our favour is completely unacceptable.

Field was rubbish he did nothing can't tackle had one little dart and that was it come on how can u say he out classed McCrone

giboz71

First Grade
He's a NSW Cup player filling in. He's been reasonable up till now as Widdop's partner. As the dominant half, that was never his role and it's showing now.

Tuddy

Juniors
Kicking is such an important part of the modern game.

Josh McCrone keeps on reinforcing just how important. He seems like a great guy but he just can't cut it at the end of the day. We're no chance this year while he kicks like that and that's with or without Widdop and Dugan in the side.

We should have won that one. Damn.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Sorry I think this is over the top, I'm really disappointed to lose but Mcrone was not to blame solely and his defence is excellent whereas Field was brushed off a few times in defence. Don't throw out the baby with the bath water it was a close game where lack of experience and polish told in the end, as well as a critical ref error Mcrone had nothing to do with.

FlameThrower

Bench
McCrone tries hard but is a deputy not the sheriff..
Playing second fiddle to Widdop suits him fine...his kicking tonight was pretty average.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
McCrone tries hard but is a deputy not the sheriff..
Playing second fiddle to Widdop suits him fine...his kicking tonight was pretty average.

A halfback's job is to be a decent kicker...WTF does McCrone do at training? Apart from being a good defender he doesn't offer much

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
To be fair, Rudder had Johns, Perry had Lockyer, McCrone is honest as the day is long, he just will never be the guy, needs that guy outside him, then he is fine.

Wally, Locky, Fittler bloke like that next to him and he goes just fine.

Smack

Coach
At this point I'd rather see Mann and Field until Widdop is back. Blood field, he deserves it after today's effort.

duck

Juniors
No. Not the worst halfback.
The worst kicking game, yep, but not the worst halfback.

His kicking has been fking horrendous all season.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
McCrone didn't lose us that game. Our right side defence lost us that game. That and the ref.

McCrone's kicking game was off tonight, way off. Seems he can only kick well one game out of three.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
I hate this empathetic mentality when people say "give him a break he tries hard".

No. You have to be ruthless with team selection, it doesn't matter how hard you try, if you're not good enough then you shouldn't be in the side. Simple.