What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Members announcement Farah

Rabbits20

Immortal
If this Phoenix Hunt is anything like our other good No.9 jnrs such as Peats & McInnes I'm sure it will end up "flight of the Phoenix."
This Farah thing has a serious stench of desperation on Sths part---Cook is average;Farah is at the backend of his career!!
Even though I don't think Cook is anything special I think he may end up pushing the aged Farah aside. I really don't think Farah will like playing second fiddle either!!
I wouldn't call Cam good. Peats is in a different class.

Cook is better than average too. He will keep improving and is a better prospect than Cam.

Farah will be out to prove the doubters like you wrong Doyen.

Don't write off a champion player Doyen. It'll come back to bite you lol.

rabbitohs95

Bench
If this Phoenix Hunt is anything like our other good No.9 jnrs such as Peats & McInnes I'm sure it will end up "flight of the Phoenix."
This Farah thing has a serious stench of desperation on Sths part---Cook is average;Farah is at the backend of his career!!
Even though I don't think Cook is anything special I think he may end up pushing the aged Farah aside. I really don't think Farah will like playing second fiddle either!!
I think Cook has a lot to offer, especially now he understands the team a bit better thanks to his late season stint.

I thought Cook would be more of your kind of player Doyen; quick, unpredictable, nippy and daring. Or maybe that's just your kind of halfback?

DiegoNT

First Grade
I'm not saying Cam is in Peats class, but the reaction to him leaving is eerily similar to the reaction of peats leaving for parra.

Cook is all style and no substance. He is the Sandow of hookers. He lacks heart. He isn't going to dive head first on ball on the ground, he is too afraid to take a tackle and usually panics when he is about to be hit. He can make quick metres out of dummy half, but hasn't got the heart to follow through and shits himself. He isn't the type of player that'll throw his body in front of a guy like taumololo and try stop him. If the coaching staff had the same confidence in him that guys in here do then we don't even begin to negotiate with Farah. He'll be back to his normal state next year as a back up player.

Farah is not the same player he was. Part of his problem is that he can't accept that. Instead of taking a backseat and letting guys like tedesco brookes and moses take charge of the team he still tried to be the main man. The tigers become a better team when they put the far less talented halatua in hooker and let moses and brookes take control. They had their best year in 5 years with that approach and were still in contention for the finals in the last round. Farah has a lot to prove, and that worries me. Unlike Ennis, who can take a backward step and let others in the team flourish, farah has to much ego. Ennis played his best football in years when he joined the sharks by simply feeding guys like graham, fifita, bird and gallen quality ball and playing on the back of that. We need farah to do the same with inglis Reynolds and sam, but he showed at the tigers that he wasn't capable of letting others run a team.

Where farah and cook fit in together is going to be interesting. Farah is an 80 minute player. We won't be wasting interchanges on hookers when we have a guy capable of playing 80 minutes. Farah wants to do 2 things. He wants to prove he is still a nrl player, and he wants to keep his origin jumper. He has a huge ego. At the other 2 clubs he was rumoured to be joining, sharks and dragons, there was no threat in the hooking department. I don't think he'd come to souths if he thought that cook was a threat to him playing 80 minutes each week and putting his origin jumper in jeopardy. With his brother on the coaching staff he'd easily know whether cook is a credible threat to that, and i don't think he would come to souths without an assurance that he'll be the main man.

Travitoh

First Grade
Signing Farah and allowing Cam to go to St George gives me a feeling that we are after another premiership while we know we have GI, AR and Sam at our disposal. It feels me with an element of excitement!

alien

Referee
the ones who should be most annoyed at this deal should be wests tigers supporters because their club are paying a state of origin hooker $750,000 to play at a rival club, but i'm glad we took advantage of their stupidity

Robbie Farah officially signs with South Sydney Rabbitohs for NRL season 2017
September 15 2016 - 5:22PM

The Rabbitohs have officially announced the signing of Robbie Farah on a two-year deal with the hooking merry-go-round in full swing after South Sydney signed off on Cameron McInnes' release so he could join the Dragons.

Having finally been released from the Wests Tigers in an end to an ugly feud with coach Jason Taylor, Farah will start afresh with Michael Maguire's men in 2017 where his brother Eddie is physiotherapist.

The Tigers will fork out $750,000 of Farah's salary next year having agitated for the 32-year-old to leave the club in a bid to hand control of the side to playmakers Luke Brooks and Mitchell Moses.

Farah will try to rejuvenate his career at Redfern and maintain his grip on a NSW jumper under Laurie Daley.

Farah's signing came after he drank cider on the ledge of the Leichhardt Oval scoreboard on the Wayne Pearce Hill long into the night having been given an emotional send-off at half-time during the Tigers' season-ending loss to the Raiders.

"Robbie has accomplished many things in the game and we look forward to him joining our squad and pushing for a spot in our top 17 each week," Maguire said.

"Competition for spots is a driving factor for success at any club and by adding a player of Robbie's ability we will be increasing that competition within our squad.

"Within our organisation we believe Robbie will strengthen our club and we look forward to working with him when he joins us for pre-season training."

1473924162005.jpg

Robbie Farah at the South Sydney club in Rabbitohs kit on Thursday.

Farah's switch across town means St George Illawarra have finally got their man, signing out-of-favour Rabbitohs No.9 McInnes to a two-year deal to help solve the club's hooking void.

Having agreed to part ways with long-time rake Mitch Rein, the Dragons swooped on McInnes who asked for an early release from his contract at the 2014 premiers given Farah's arrival.

1473924162005.jpg

Granted a release: Cameron McInnes. Photo: Getty Images

The Dragons had previously courted McInnes in a bid to lure him to Wollongong, but the hooker had an 11th-hour change of heart and decided to remain at the Rabbitohs after Issac Luke penned a deal to join the Warriors.

But having watched former Dragons lower-grader Damien Cook elevated to the primary No.9 role under Maguire at the back end of the season, McInnes opted for a fresh start with the joint venture.

"I was very, very close [to joining last year] and obviously with Issac Luke taking off to New Zealand I had the opportunity to stay in my hometown and the way things have worked out I'm really happy and excited to be with the Red V," McInnes told the Dragons' website.

"The off-season is a good time to relax, but I can't wait to get down to Wollongong with all the boys and rip in and start building for 2017. I'm excited to get started and I'm really looking forward to joining the Red V."

McInnes' arrival will at least solve one of the play-making problems for Dragons coach Paul McGregor, who faced the prospect of starting pre-season training without an established halfback and hooker given the exits of Benji Marshall and Rein, both of whom are unsigned for next year.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...h-south-sydney-rabbitohs-20160915-grh7hx.html

alien

Referee
I'm not saying Cam is in Peats class, but the reaction to him leaving is eerily similar to the reaction of peats leaving for parra.

Cook is all style and no substance. He is the Sandow of hookers. He lacks heart. He isn't going to dive head first on ball on the ground, he is too afraid to take a tackle and usually panics when he is about to be hit. He can make quick metres out of dummy half, but hasn't got the heart to follow through and shits himself. He isn't the type of player that'll throw his body in front of a guy like taumololo and try stop him. If the coaching staff had the same confidence in him that guys in here do then we don't even begin to negotiate with Farah. He'll be back to his normal state next year as a back up player.

Farah is not the same player he was. Part of his problem is that he can't accept that. Instead of taking a backseat and letting guys like tedesco brookes and moses take charge of the team he still tried to be the main man. The tigers become a better team when they put the far less talented halatua in hooker and let moses and brookes take control. They had their best year in 5 years with that approach and were still in contention for the finals in the last round. Farah has a lot to prove, and that worries me. Unlike Ennis, who can take a backward step and let others in the team flourish, farah has to much ego. Ennis played his best football in years when he joined the sharks by simply feeding guys like graham, fifita, bird and gallen quality ball and playing on the back of that. We need farah to do the same with inglis Reynolds and sam, but he showed at the tigers that he wasn't capable of letting others run a team.

Where farah and cook fit in together is going to be interesting. Farah is an 80 minute player. We won't be wasting interchanges on hookers when we have a guy capable of playing 80 minutes. Farah wants to do 2 things. He wants to prove he is still a nrl player, and he wants to keep his origin jumper. He has a huge ego. At the other 2 clubs he was rumoured to be joining, sharks and dragons, there was no threat in the hooking department. I don't think he'd come to souths if he thought that cook was a threat to him playing 80 minutes each week and putting his origin jumper in jeopardy. With his brother on the coaching staff he'd easily know whether cook is a credible threat to that, and i don't think he would come to souths without an assurance that he'll be the main man.

Farah actually took a back seat to Brooks and Moses quite a bit this year. I don't think it will be a problem.

Cook is definitely better than how you describe him.

alien

Referee
Signing Farah and allowing Cam to go to St George gives me a feeling that we are after another premiership while we know we have GI, AR and Sam at our disposal. It feels me with an element of excitement!

Yeah me too. I reckon Farah will want to finish off his career well, so I'm sure he will try very hard to get along with Madge and to play well. I'm sure he would want to win a second premiership. Now we need to sign a couple of good props!

Rsag85

Bench
Our club has been in the media for the past two seasons about players not getting along with the coach etc. adding Farah to that mix is going to help those problems? A guy who has had problems with the last three coaches he has played under.

Not happy with this signing and I'm sure I'm not the only one

Travitoh

First Grade
Yeah me too. I reckon Farah will want to finish off his career well, so I'm sure he will try very hard to get along with Madge and to play well. I'm sure he would want to win a second premiership. Now we need to sign a couple of good props!

With Cam released, GI's contract up at the end of next season (i dare say he won't earn the same as he is currently on, if he stays) and the rumour that we're not paying Robbie in 2017, we should have a decent bit of cap room to try and poach a good prop to strengthen the side for a premiership push.

Our club has been in the media for the past two seasons about players not getting along with the coach etc. adding Farah to that mix is going to help those problems? A guy who has had problems with the last three coaches he has played under.

The big thing for me is that at the Tigers it was all about Robbie Farah, he was the top dog. With us he has GI, Sam, AR and Sutton to contend with.

southsport

First Grade
Robbie Farah officially signs with South Sydney Rabbitohs for NRL season 2017 & alien is in mourning!
September 15 2016 - 5:22PM

The Rabbitohs have officially announced the signing of Robbie Farah on a two-year deal with the hooking merry-go-round in full swing after South Sydney signed off on Cameron McInnes' release so he could join the Dragons.

Having finally been released from the Wests Tigers in an end to an ugly feud with coach Jason Taylor, Farah will start afresh with Michael Maguire's men in 2017 where his brother Eddie is physiotherapist.

The Tigers will fork out $750,000 of Farah's salary next year having agitated for the 32-year-old to leave the club in a bid to hand control of the side to playmakers Luke Brooks and Mitchell Moses.

Farah will try to rejuvenate his career at Redfern and maintain his grip on a NSW jumper under Laurie Daley.

Farah's signing came after he drank cider on the ledge of the Leichhardt Oval scoreboard on the Wayne Pearce Hill long into the night having been given an emotional send-off at half-time during the Tigers' season-ending loss to the Raiders.

"Robbie has accomplished many things in the game and we look forward to him joining our squad and pushing for a spot in our top 17 each week," Maguire said.

"Competition for spots is a driving factor for success at any club and by adding a player of Robbie's ability we will be increasing that competition within our squad.

"Within our organisation we believe Robbie will strengthen our club and we look forward to working with him when he joins us for pre-season training."

1473924162005.jpg

Robbie Farah at the South Sydney club in Rabbitohs kit on Thursday.

Farah's switch across town means St George Illawarra have finally got their man, signing out-of-favour Rabbitohs No.9 McInnes to a two-year deal to help solve the club's hooking void.

Having agreed to part ways with long-time rake Mitch Rein, the Dragons swooped on McInnes who asked for an early release from his contract at the 2014 premiers given Farah's arrival.

1473924162005.jpg

Granted a release: Cameron McInnes. Photo: Getty Images

The Dragons had previously courted McInnes in a bid to lure him to Wollongong, but the hooker had an 11th-hour change of heart and decided to remain at the Rabbitohs after Issac Luke penned a deal to join the Warriors.

But having watched former Dragons lower-grader Damien Cook elevated to the primary No.9 role under Maguire at the back end of the season, McInnes opted for a fresh start with the joint venture.

"I was very, very close [to joining last year] and obviously with Issac Luke taking off to New Zealand I had the opportunity to stay in my hometown and the way things have worked out I'm really happy and excited to be with the Red V," McInnes told the Dragons' website.

"The off-season is a good time to relax, but I can't wait to get down to Wollongong with all the boys and rip in and start building for 2017. I'm excited to get started and I'm really looking forward to joining the Red V."

McInnes' arrival will at least solve one of the play-making problems for Dragons coach Paul McGregor, who faced the prospect of starting pre-season training without an established halfback and hooker given the exits of Benji Marshall and Rein, both of whom are unsigned for next year.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...h-south-sydney-rabbitohs-20160915-grh7hx.html

Pommy

Coach

I honestly think that's being overstated yes he thought he was top dog at Wests. Huge contract one club man etc etc he does not have that same position at Souths.
Time will tell but I don't think we can draw that comparison.
Another thought he has no traction with the fans here. Beside Alien he's never won a title for any of us if Madge drops him for being a merkin not even Alien is going to be attending games with banners of support.
I just can't see him pulling the kind of shit here he has at Wests.

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Farah actually took a back seat to Brooks and Moses quite a bit this year. I don't think it will be a problem.

Cook is definitely better than how you describe him.
Correct re Farah.

Also yes Cook is better than what most on here give him credit for.

On Souths facebook most are really happy with Cook.
Farah is the experience we need and will be hungry.

Yes we definitely need another prop or 2.

I don't listen to that garbage.

As we are the pride of the league they will keep making up garbage. Doesn't bother me.

Zigwaa

Bench
I think signing good players is good business. While Farah may not be at his peak, he's still a quality player, which we've missed in the 9 since Isaac left. The competition for the 9 jersey can only be a good thing, may help improve Cook as a player and get the best out of Farah as well.

Comparisons to Peats situation is like comparing apples and oranges. Peats was a quality player and wanted to be kept at the club but he wanted to be in the starting 9 jersey, which he never would with Isaac around so his was given blessing to find that elsewhere.

McInnes on the other hand was given the 9 jersey and struggled to produce a high standard and consequently lost his spot in the top grade.

rabbitohs95

Bench
The best thing about Farah is now we finally have a hooker that can kick. Will takes sooo much pressure off Reynolds and Walker and we'll be incredibly dangerous attacking at the line, trapping players in the in goal.

Rsag85

Bench
A lot of fans are not happy with him signing and have said they wouldn't be renewing there memberships for next year. Is he really worth losing members?

rabbitohs95

Bench
A lot of fans are not happy with him signing and have said they wouldn't be renewing there memberships for next year. Is he really worth losing members?
Today I got a call from a bloke from the membership department and he asked what I thought of the situation. I told him I thought it was a good signing and how it could benefit the squad, and he he said that with some of the experience we were missing this season he'd add some leadership, not to mention an allround game, especially a kicking game from a hooker which we haven't had in years....if ever!

southsport

First Grade

A few fans maybe but not a lot of fans, anyway they'll get over it before long and it will be onwards and upwards.