What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mental Preparation before games

possm

Coach
Mary has never been a good coach and the Board knows so. Why then does the Board keep on appointing crap coaches and even when they prove to be no good, they extend the contract?

Time to find a buyer and clean out the Club.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Wanna know what I loved/pissed me off the most?

Cronk, just after the storm score a try, gets his backs and gives them very clear instructions. Even though the game was over, he was still 'coaching' the team. We have no one that will do that.

Absolutely no one.
Cronk can come and coach us next year if he has no better offers, he would make a good coach no doubt better than the incumbent.

I think the main problem our team has is they don't fear the coach. They don't respect him enough to have that sense of fear if they stuff up and or let him down.

No, our players are too chummy with the coach.

Let's face it, if McCrone can play crap for most the season and still stay in first grade, what example is that?

The Storm players obviously fear / respect Bellyache..... they know he won't cop any crap.

End of story.

Exactly, I cringe whenever I hear the players saying what a "good bloke" Macgreagor is, we don't need a good bloke, we need a tough coach..

JDHD

Juniors
I think the main problem our team has is they don't fear the coach. They don't respect him enough to have that sense of fear if they stuff up and or let him down.

Let's face it, if McCrone can play crap for most the season and still stay in first grade, what example is that?

The Storm players obviously fear / respect Bellyache..... they know he won't cop any crap.

End of story.

The Storm players fear Bellamy because he has photos of their families with their schedules and a list of their fears written on the back. If the Storm go into the sheds at half time, Bellamy holds up a pinky finger in a zip lock bag and says words to the effect of 'it puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again'.

Last edited:

gonz

Juniors
When we miss the 8 and finish 9th or 10th watch mcexcuse come out and say we overachieved this year. We were expected to finish bottom 2 but we went better than expected. Plus we made the finals in 2015 in case you forgot.
But he said after origin things will improve to many distractions at origin time.

Sure Mlb had a few in as did sharks

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Saints never make it easy for the supporters for as long as I have followed them.

Come on, look at the Bennett years and 2010. They needed a field goal in the dying minutes to make the GF and were behind at half time in the GF after playing a poor first half.

Lost FInals games in 2009 consecutively after winning comp and playing team 8 in game 1.

Prior to that scraped in every finals series they got to on the back of consecutive wins in the season. I remember the Browny days, Saints needed to win 5 from 5 after starting with 6 losses at the beginning.

Not defending them but they never make it ever easy for the fans, unlike the Broncos in their prime or Storm who would make the semi's with weeks to spare.

Saints never make it easy for the supporters for as long as I have followed them.

Come on, look at the Bennett years and 2010. They needed a field goal in the dying minutes to make the GF and were behind at half time in the GF after playing a poor first half.

Lost FInals games in 2009 consecutively after winning comp and playing team 8 in game 1.

Prior to that scraped in every finals series they got to on the back of consecutive wins in the season. I remember the Browny days, Saints needed to win 5 from 5 after starting with 6 losses at the beginning.

Not defending them but they never make it ever easy for the fans, unlike the Broncos in their prime or Storm who would make the semi's with weeks to spare.

Don't forget 5 losing Grand Finals

Slippery Morris

First Grade
The mental part they need work on is during games. What lost them the game against the Knights is that they were down 14-12, got a penalty inside the Knights 20 and took a shot at goal. They should have backed themselves to score against the last place knights instead levelled the scoring with a kick. I think that was Widdop's call not Mary ( whoever it was pretty dumb call). That is not the only time they have gone for 2 when they are on fire and it has backfired. They did the same against the Dogs. Once they got the 2 were kept scoreless. Saints are the ONLY top 8 side that do this stupid tactic against sides in the bottom 8 hence why there record is bad against them.

All teams have worked that out that they just penalise Saints in the 20 when they are buggered because Saints will take the 2 and they can get a breather. If Saints are leading by 6 it is probably worth it but no other time against the bottom 8. That is what is also going to cost them a top 8 if they don't make it.

1st & 10

Juniors
should start slapping each other in the face , Lidcombe oval/magpies style.

Whoever gets Mary, puts dencorub on thier hands

Or "revenge of the nerds" style "liquid heat" on thier jocks

1st & 10

Juniors

End of story.

Like the Aussie Cricket team, its harder to get dropped, than get selected in the 1st place.