What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitch Rein

BennyV

Referee
I don't mean to point out I was right. I just want to point out what a complete twit "Old Timer" is. I would invite anyone to look at our exchange on this thread and then watch the highlights and read the match report from the game in Nelson.

I have reached the following conclusions:
1. It's set to be a long, hard season for the Benji haters. Then again, apparently he was poor last year as well so they may be so good at deluding themselves it won't matter.
2. Ditto for JDB haters even though it seems "Old Timer" may be the only one.
3. Myself and Objective View have thus far been 100% correct in our pessimism in regard to Lafai.
4. Thus far I have been wrong in regard to Havili. I'm big enough to admit when I'm wrong. Maybe because it's so rare. Must be tough for poor "Old Timer".
5. My optimism after watching the CS is justified. Starved of the ball early due to a bad ref decision on such a hot day, have Lafai and Hutchinson play the way they did and still be in the game until the last minute is a good effort.
6. The jury is still out on Mann but there is reason to be optimistic.
7. The play where JDB takes the ball with Packer outside and sometimes passes and sometimes goes himself is looking deadly for the enemy.

I guess that's it.

I've found myself agreeing more and more with you lately, which makes me feel odd.

But there's a lot of chest beating going on here...shame if any of it came back to bite you!!!

V

Vasilevsky

I've found myself agreeing more and more with you lately, which makes me feel odd.

But there's a lot of chest beating going on here...shame if any of it came back to bite you!!!

That isn't true. As I said, it's not that I was right. Those things should have been obvious and I think they were to almost everyone. Old Timer was an obvious exception because he is an utter moron whose anti Benji and JDB ranting is beyond tiresome.

Country Dragon

Juniors
That isn't true. As I said, it's not that I was right. Those things should have been obvious and I think they were to almost everyone. Old Timer was an obvious exception because he is an utter moron whose anti Benji and JDB ranting is beyond tiresome.

What about the anti Widdop moron???

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Since we're at it, I'm gonna say I was right about Aitken, going back as far as December last year. I had him penciled in at the very least on the wing. He, along with havilli, have been two of our best thus far in the trials.

V

Vasilevsky

Since we're at it, I'm gonna say I was right about Aitken, going back as far as December last year. I had him penciled in at the very least on the wing. He, along with havilli, have been two of our best thus far in the trials.

I have always said if the choice is between Lafai and Aitken for a spot in the centres, it has to be Aitken. 9s and trials have I guess shown to some extent I was wrong. I should have said 'It absolutely must be Aitken.' Let's hope Mary doesn't wait until it costs a few losses. Lafai can find form and show he deserves to be in the team with the Cutters. Aitken must start in the centres with Milne. Otherwise what are trial games for?

giboz71

First Grade
Widdop certainly made a difference from the CS to the Warriors trial.

I mentioned elsewhere that I get the feeling Widdop is in for a big year. Looked good in the All Stars and from all accounts was good again in the Nelson trial. Think he's grown an extra leg with the captaincy.

Benji looked great also, if they can sort their roles out, they could be in for a good season. Scored 46 points in their first game together.

But it's pretty obvious we need these 2 playing 95% of the season if we're going to be successful. We'll go nowhere with Hutch steering the ship.

Latest posts