What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pearce would make a good 7 if Carney could get into some form at 6.

I think a consistent Pearce and in form Carney would be NSW's strongest halves pairing since Joey retired.

dubbo teacher

Juniors
I hear what you're saying Big Pete about Pearce being young and well performed in the NRL but club comp is an entirely different animal to SOO. I couldn't care if someone was 22 or 32. playing 100 games or 10..some players are made for origin and some aren't. Pearce is tough and durable, a rock in defence and will try his heart out - not surprising considering who his old man is. But like junior his doesn't have a football brain...He can't play what's in front of him and grab a game by the scruff of the neck..and that's no crime except he's not a hard working backrower or an outside back..he's a halfback.
What's that mean?? It means we have expectations of him we didn't have of his father or any other backrower - he should lead the side and grasp/create opportunities. Yes he can tackle and all that, throw a good pass even but so can 100 kids in every high achool in Sydney.
Can he think on his feet and come up with something in the heat of battle when its needed most??
No Pete he can't and you, I and everyone elso knows it. He can barely do it at club level. let alone SOO. Even Braith Anasta can create something special at club level but we all know he is short of origin standard.
Pearce is not and never will be an origin halfback - not against quality opposition. Is he the best NSW have though?? Yes probably. Although on form you could argue a case for Mullin and Carney as NSW halves...

broncos70

Juniors
buderus couldn't compete in the origin arena when he was 3 years younger than he is now so what makes everyone think that he'll be good for NSW..

also, back to the thread topic. Pearce is an overrated hack and wallace and luke walsh are better halfbacks than him. Anasta doesn't get enough credit at the roosters..

Chook Norris

First Grade
buderus couldn't compete in the origin arena when he was 3 years younger than he is now so what makes everyone think that he'll be good for NSW..

also, back to the thread topic. Pearce is an overrated hack and wallace and luke walsh are better halfbacks than him. Anasta doesn't get enough credit at the roosters..

sometimes a post is best read, by just reading the final line

you have nfi :lol: :lol:

StFigJam

Juniors
Can't believe no ones giving Wallace a go. We seriously need to get rid of Pearce coz he just isn't origin level.

Last edited:

Boganater

Juniors
Can't believe no ones giving Wallace a go. We seriously need to get rid of Pearce coz he just isn't origin level.
Pearce did pretty well last year. I don't know how you can say that.
Pearce is our best option, Wallace had his turn and didn't perform.
Wallace is too slow for origin good club player.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Pearce would make a good 7 if Carney could get into some form at 6.

I think a consistent Pearce and in form Carney would be NSW's strongest halves pairing since Joey retired.

Agreed.......

Pearce had half a go last year in Origin. More than I can say for the rest of the NSW numpties.

(oh....alright. Bar Paul Gallen)

:roll:

Hutty1986

Immortal
Agreed.......

Pearce had half a go last year in Origin. More than I can say for the rest of the NSW numpties.

(oh....alright. Bar Paul Gallen)

:roll:

That's okay Derpy, we wouldn't expect you to know anything about non-Qld players :roll:

Hutty1986

Immortal
We know :

B Creagh plays with butterfly wings
B Morris has never let QLD down
M Ennis likes to hide when he starts fights

And we know

* J Hodges is a dog
* Thirdmanin will start a fight with a halfback
* Qld could win 20 straight series and still whinge about some/anything

Mr Saab

Referee
All that matters is....six in a row.....and QLD players have outshone the Bues and demorilised them into thinking they have no chance.

Latest posts