What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce

Hutty1986

Immortal
This. The guy tried a grubber and had it caught on the full in goal when we were completely on top of QLD, and NSW are lucky he caught it in goal or Gagai might of run 100. That's a pearce play right there. We couldn't of had any more momentum going for us and Pearce swings it with one play and almost hands them a try.
This was straight after probably the best defensive set NSW had mustered in 12 years. The fb literally caught the ball like 30m out.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Pearce was pretty good. He did take a few poor options in the first half but the guy is so contentious because of past origins he has to essentially play like joey thurston (an andrew johns/thurston hybrid created in a lab) to get a pass.

Edit

Man that blown set that hutty brought up. Thats some thing the raiders would do.

Apey

Staff member
While Pearce scores a try, sets up another, defended like a beast..... but is effectively hittler aids.

'Sets up another' lmfao. I know you're trying to balance out the exaggeration (saying he was garbage) from the other side but please.

Roosters fans are like r20 and alien in this thread.

betcats

Referee
Pearce was pretty good. He did take a few poor options in the first half but the guy is so contentious because of past origins he has to essentially play like joey thurston (an andrew johns/thurston hybrid) to get a pass.

I think he gets a pass for last night tbh. He was solid, defended great and generally led the team around with only a couple of wtf moments, we aren't going to get much more out of him everyone can see that.

Apey

Staff member
He went ok, did his job.

You'd like to have seen a more dominant performance given the whole "it's Pearce's side" crisp but after what we're used to with him I'll take what he dished up last night any day.

It's the two dud kicks when he was actually under pressure that worries me going into game two. Cant afford that playing at a low scoring ANZ.

to be fair his best kick of the night was under pressure too, the one 4 mins into 2nd half. 1/3 is better than his previous record

Apey

Staff member
I said it in the game day thread and I'll say it again, Pearce was the best of the 4 halves in the 50 minutes he was on the field.

You can say it all you like it doesn't make it true.

Danish

Referee
Pearce was pretty good. He did take a few poor options in the first half but the guy is so contentious because of past origins he has to essentially play like joey thurston (an andrew johns/thurston hybrid created in a lab) to get a pass.

Edit

Man that blown set that hutty brought up. Thats some thing the raiders would do.

Can you imagine the nights out with Joey Thurston? People would die

lockyno1

Post Whore
Pearce getting injured was the best news for NSW in a long time. Bird and Maloney worked so well in the halves.

carcharias

Immortal
Pearce helps set up the first try
Then scores under the posts himself.
Then gets taken out by a late, high dog shot from that cat chambers.

Tells you how badly Pearce was going.

Hopefully Thurston returns for the next game and Klemmer knocks him the f**k out in the same fashion

That should even things up.

OldPanther

Coach
So much this, f**k me some people are geniused.... I didn't even have Pearce in my team but to bag what was clearly a very effective tactic in completely gassing Oates and not conceding any 7 tackle sets. Also his kicks from inside our own half found the ground consistently.

He had two poor kicks all game. the first one where he got caught in two minds and really should have passed it and the second one that if you watch closely Gagai did a very good job changing directions at the last second to attack it on the full. if it got past him Morris was on his own outside and was in for all money.

It would have gone dead. It was caught on the full in goal. He kicked it way too hard.

Pedge1971

First Grade
So much this, f**k me some people are geniused.... I didn't even have Pearce in my team but to bag what was clearly a very effective tactic in completely gassing Oates and not conceding any 7 tackle sets. Also his kicks from inside our own half found the ground consistently.

He had two poor kicks all game. the first one where he got caught in two minds and really should have passed it and the second one that if you watch closely Gagai did a very good job changing directions at the last second to attack it on the full. if it got past him Morris was on his own outside and was in for all money.

If it got past him the ball was flying and would have gone dead for a 7 tackle set. Same result. Fair dues, we won on the back of one of the most dominant fwd performances in history. Mitch was part of that and will retain his spot.

But he was far from convincing.....

Pedge1971

First Grade
This

The desperation to hate on Pearce is comical and critiquing his defence will absolutely do me. He did get monstered by Oates in a one on one but FMD, at least he gave it a go. Maloney looked shonky in defence all night with at least 2 of his missed tackles resulting in line breaks.

I said it in the game day thread and I'll say it again, Pearce was the best of the 4 halves in the 50 minutes he was on the field.

At the end of the day that first half was some of the best quality football you will see in what was a 50/50 contest with very few errors and breaks in play. Pearce absolutely played his part in NSW winning that battle.

Agreed. It is almost as comical as the Roosters fans desperation to defend Pearce.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
That's a lot of salt.

Easiest Origin game? It was probably the quickest and toughest Origin game in 12 years you salt infested noob.

I'd just like to congratulate Pearce once more on his pinpoint bombs that had Qld starting their sets in poor field position every time and ensured the Blues hit Oates with a straight defensive line.

As a student of the game I appreciated his great long and defensive kicking game.

Pearce 1
Cronk 0
Great tight game until Myth Piss got injured. Once that handicap was taken off the blues ran riot.

Myth should stick to the roosters who award and applaud mediocrity.

betcats

Referee
If it got past him the ball was flying and would have gone dead for a 7 tackle set. Same result. Fair dues, we won on the back of one of the most dominant fwd performances in history. Mitch was part of that and will retain his spot.

But he was far from convincing.....

These rort fans would have you believe that was the toughest game NSW has ever played. A record NSW win at suncorp, but geez it was tight!

Tommy Smith

Referee
Great tight game until Myth Piss got injured. Once that handicap was taken off the blues ran riot.

Myth should stick to the roosters who award and applaud mediocrity.
Premierships. Grand Finals. Minor Premierships. Multiples of each this century alone.

If we - with all that success - award & applaud mediocrity, then what do the Raiders do? o_O

Apey

Staff member
I'm one of his biggest critics but he got a pass mark for mine.

I did think we looked better without him on the park though. I honestly think James Maloney is the best halfback for NSW and we should pick a five-eighth to go along with him.
I'm not sure we looked better because of that. We didn't look any worse though. Not exactly a ringing endorsement lol.