What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce

RWB

Bench
You are right that Sezer is the predominant kicker for the Titans and is a smooth footballer. I just think if we were to put Kelly with the right 5/8 that his off the cuff style and blistering pace could be something Qld would struggle massively to cope with. If he had a Carney/Maloney/Mullen/Sezer next to him handling the majority of the kicking and organisation his creativity and Terry Lamb-esque back up ability would be a massive asset for NSW.

I will have to agree to disagree with you about Pearce in the GF though. Mediocre at best that day and again have a look at how he handled the last play of the game. Not a natural half back. I wouldn't be surprised if he moves to hooker in the next few years.

If you're going to pick Kelly then you need to pick an excellent organiser because like you said he's a pure creative and off the cuff style of player at this point in his career. Carney, Mullen & Maloney aren't your men there, they offer good support in this area and you could probably make a good combo out of any two but none have proven themselves as pure organisers, they're all 5/8's first and foremost.

Again I disagree, Pearce is a pure halfback. One of the few running around in the competition. His organisational ability is very good, he controls the tempo of the game very well, he keeps his team playing direct, he picks up line runners like very few others in the game, his passing games is strong, both left to right & right to left and his selection on spread plays is again very astute. He's just a smart player who does very little that's appreciated by main stream Rugby League fans.

There's a reason why he finished 1st and 2nd for linebreak & try assists last year. You should really think about what you write before you spit it out. No club in their right mind would move a halfback with Pearce's proven ability at club level to hooker. It shows a great under-appreciation for the roles of the modern day halfback.

Spot On

Coach
He should dominate origin this year. He's certainly worked out that when there's a five man overlap to your right the best thing the teams playmaker can do is to shift the ball towards said overlap so his team can score points. That type of vision is now ingrained in Mitchell's game and will assure him and his state an origin series win sometime before 2018.

Spot On

Coach
Obviously very few people care about origin. They have trouble filling Suncorp and ANZ each series and the word is the TV ratings are just woeful. Very little interest in the concept.:crazy:

:lol: Wankers wank... Who gives a f**k?? An NRL Premiership is worth 50 origins... :p

You give a f**k. That's why you keep mentioning the premiership whenever anyone reminds you how crap Pearce is at Origin.

The premiership has f**k all to do with Origin and in no way counteracts the fact that Wayne's boy fails in a Blue jumper and chumps his halfback duties when playing for his state.

Chook

First Grade
You give a f**k. That's why you keep mentioning the premiership whenever anyone reminds you how crap Pearce is at Origin.

The premiership has f**k all to do with Origin and in no way counteracts the fact that Wayne's boy fails in a Blue jumper and chumps his halfback duties when playing for his state.

I'll take a premiership win over an origin fail any season. So would you and every other f**king club fan if we're talking about the truth here.

Chook.

bellyache

Bench

:lol: Just because Origin is your only thing to sing about...;-)
if the origin squad was Easts full squad and Robbo was the coach then i'd give a f**k.. Most Players rate winning a premiership higher than playing for their country ya wanker.. :p

Joker's Wild

Coach
I'll take a premiership win over an origin fail any season. So would you and every other f**king club fan if we're talking about the truth here.

Chook.

Of course.

An Origin series win comes damn close to a premiership for a lot of NSW supporters right now given we've not seen one in 8 years

Its hardly the point of the conversation though is it. The hard facts are, Pearce has been ordinary as a NSW halfback for several years. What he does during an NRL season simply does not change that fact.

He could go on to win 10 premierships in his career but if he continues to derp it up in a Blues jumper during that time, every NSW supporter has the right to question his selection

Chook

First Grade
Of course.

An Origin series win comes damn close to a premiership for a lot of NSW supporters right now given we've not seen one in 8 years

Its hardly the point of the conversation though is it. The hard facts are, Pearce has been ordinary as a NSW halfback for several years. What he does during an NRL season simply does not change that fact.

He could go on to win 10 premierships in his career but if he continues to derp it up in a Blues jumper during that time, every NSW supporter has the right to question his selection

You question his selection all you want, I'm going to watch us win the GF again.

Chook.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Good for you

Leave the SOO talk to the rest of us who actually care about NSW winning a series in the next decade

Mr Saab

Referee
Mitchell Pearce can win 3 comps, World club challenges, and get repeat spins on Queen of the Nile betting max, but if he does not contribute to one origin series win then all he will have his ??????? over his head