What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Monday

Does anyone think the decision to go to the SFS is a good one now?

Why the f**k aren't we playing those maroon twinkies at Leichhardt on Sunday afternoon?

Yeah, I know that but we have tended to hold the ball better in daylight.

A night time away venue for our most important home game of the season is f**king ridiculous.

TrigaTheTiger

Juniors
Guys - its the greater good argument.

In terms of venue, the club makes more money from the SFS than it does any other way.

In terms of the team, they are professionals and should play their best footy every week no matter the venue.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Whilst I'll be at the game on Monday, have to agree that playing a home game against those cheats somewhere other than Leichhardt on a Sunday afternoon doesn't feel the same. Let's hope the new CEO keeps his word and moves it back to a 6 / 6 split.

DanOz

Juniors
Whilst I'll be at the game on Monday, have to agree that playing a home game against those cheats somewhere other than Leichhardt on a Sunday afternoon doesn't feel the same. Let's hope the new CEO keeps his word and moves it back to a 6 / 6 split.

When was that said? Any timeframe?

69-05-41

Juniors
LO is unfairly criticised for a lack of parking, try getting into and out of Moore Park by car, it is farcical. Insufficient parking and no traffic control.

So why do WT's ignore the demographics of their fan base and play home games in the most easterly ground in the city? On top of that they throw away any home ground advantage by only hosting local teams there.

WT are selling out to the SCG Trust's efforts to stop the SFS from becomming a white elephant, to the detriment of their supporters and ultimately their viability.

nyx

Juniors
It would be nice to have a bit more transperancy at the club on this issue. Wishful thinking, I know

It's hard to know if it's in the club's best interests if we don't have all the fact and figures. Like how much do we actually get out of the SFS deal and how much better off financially we are playing there (if at all) than at our traditional grounds?

All we have to go on are rumoured figures and spin from the club. Noyce was the master at ducking and weaving on this issue.

Extremely frustrating :?

westie

Bench
Is it just me, or do people around 30 and over wax lyrical about Sunday football (and 20c pies had after climbing through holes in fences) whilst the younger generation prefer the big game atmosphere of a night game?

lol Ageist merkin.

What big night game atmosphere are you barking about?

The 2005 GF was pretty f**king good but apart from that I'd prefer a Sunday afternoon game at Campbo over anything else. So do my kids...

macnaz

Staff member
I hate monday night games regarless of where they are played. Id like to see the stats on our sucess on Monday nights because from memory i dont think we fare that well playing them.

chrisc101

Juniors
Does anyone think the decision to go to the SFS is a good one now?

Why the f**k aren't we playing those maroon twinkies at Leichhardt on Sunday afternoon?

Got nothing to do with it, obviously with Manly being the premiers the club thought it was going to be a bigger drawing game but the Monday night scheduling kills it. Out of our control.

I hate monday night games regarless of where they are played. Id like to see the stats on our sucess on Monday nights because from memory i dont think we fare that well playing them.

Doing ok this season I think.

Beat Canberra, beat Melbourne?

Who else?

Latest posts