What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More English crowd trouble at Leigh!

BAD CROWD TROUBLE IN ENGLISH RUGBY LEAGUE:

This is the second time there has been some serious crowd disturbance's at Leigh Centurions home ground. There was some very serious trouble at home a few weeks back in the Challenge Cup against fellow NFPers Whitehaven Warriors which Leigh obviously won in the 5th round. Then, well, now in the quarter final match last night Leigh Centurions played Wigan Warriors, nearby Sup[er League rivals.Leigh suprisingly gave the top class ESL a run for their money, as Wigan only just won 30-16 away but it was delayed for a while before the match due to crowd trouble/ Fans were throwing plastic bottles onto the pitch and at rival Wigan fans. Experienced referee who will soon be the man in the middle was going to halt the match or abandon it for a while even. There was even worse trouble two weeks before when fans in the actual stadium were attacking rival fans from Cumbria with Baseball bats amazingley.

I will put two links to articles on this issue, just wait a sec, I'll either add it now or later.

But first, I think we should talk about why crowd trouble is rising in Rugby League, very fast too.

I mean we see it all the time in Papua New Guinea so we should leave them out of thius, I mean there are apparently still tribes and man eaters - canabals over there so it's bound to happen. A rival tribe attacking fans at a Footy game - madness.

But in Australia last year we saw Lebenese and Asian / Australian Canterbury Bulldogs fans fighting with the police and other fans. A poilicman was even badly injured when he was hit by a pair of plyers (spelling) mad.

In England we have seen a bit of violence, rumble and tumble, nothing you don't see in any sport, we have heard a lot of vile and fould language at games, you always get swearing or nasty slang words in England. In 2000, the Challenge Cup Semi Final, Leeds v Huill, which Leeds RHinos won 28-22 at McAlpine Stadium there was bags of trouble and a pitch invasion, it was all over the national TV, especially BBC.

But there has been a good few incidents which is more like Soccer. If this rises, should Rugby League think about getting all-seater stadiums or stick with joint terracing and seating? Or even in Australia and New Zealand where they have grass banks and deck chairs, a few barbacues going here and there, nah just kidding.

In France there used to be a lot of crowd trouble years ago but has calmed down a lot recently

But in PNG, they have grass and trees to sit on, and huts as changing rooms which are basically called changing sheds and they have bits of metal to sit on as VIP boxes, I mean, what a joke, they need money and fast do the PNGRFL.

Anyway all the RL crowd incidents is to be reviewd by the RFL.

rj.

Latest posts