What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Most Improved Players In 2017

betcats

Referee
It's amazing how a good attacking centre can make a winger ie Aku. His form has definitely improved this year. If only Newy had a decent centre inside him his last 3 or 4 seasons with us. Now, who was the centre inside him at Newcastle???????

Aku looks fitter than he has for about 5 years, I doubt Dylan Walker did that.

justdave

Juniors
All the Manly guys mentioned

Plus Gutho has always had the ability. Though he was great for us. The hair though was abominable

Lambretta

First Grade
In the "that bloke from my club" category, Joseph Manu at the Roosters

For other clubs:
Angus Chichton has managed the near impossible and been a Bunnies player I really like (OK Sam Burgess is in this category as well)
Lachlan Fitzgibbon and Ross Dawg at Newy
Gutho at Parra
Paul Vaughan at the Dragons
No one at the Broncos - they're all ****'s...
DCE & Uate @ Manly
Gavet & Gubb @ the Worryers

In the "that bloke from my club" category, Joseph Manu at the Roosters

For other clubs:
Angus Chichton has managed the near impossible and been a Bunnies player I really like (OK Sam Burgess is in this category as well)
Lachlan Fitzgibbon and Ross Dawg at Newy
Gutho at Parra
Paul Vaughan at the Dragons
No one at the Broncos - they're all ****'s...
DCE & Uate @ Manly
Gavet & Gubb @ the Worryers

I'm hoping Manu gets picked at centre for the Kiwis and takes that bum Kahu's spot.

Actually Manu should be first centre picked at this stage.

Shorty

Staff member
Scott Bolton from the Cows. Really stepped up with Matt Scott getting injured.

He was always good but think Paul Vaughan has gone to a new level this year.

Also agree with pretty much everyone above.
Yes Bolton wouldn't be out place playing for the Maroons imo.
He's always been solid but he's been making more meters and taking advantage of his size much more.
He has really stepped up this year in the absence of Scott.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
I thought bolts deserved the maroon spot over glasby but that still didn't turn out too badly so I can't be to angry. just natural leg power drive post contact for a bloke who isn't the biggest of props. Similar to vaughan

davi

Juniors

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
not so long ago having funny/stupid hair would have given him an automatic blues jumper. Gutho has actually backed it up with form and talent though which isn't part of the deal. Shame about his injury, really had a chance to shine in the semis

justdave

Juniors
not so long ago having funny/stupid hair would have given him an automatic blues jumper. Gutho has actually backed it up with form and talent though which isn't part of the deal. Shame about his injury, really had a chance to shine in the semis

I agree, a shame. I rate the guy

Scott Minto

Juniors
Felise Kaufusi has to be close. He's made it hard for Tohu Harris to get his jersey back.

Cam McInnes also went from job sharing with Cook to being in the mix for SOO

I personally think that Pearce has improved a lot this season.

The last few years he's been obviously a top 3 half in the NRL, but this season he's easily surpassed the injured Thurston and the ageing Cronk.

Next season when he's linking with the great Tedesco for the Roosters, NSW and of course Australia he'll go up yet another gear.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
As sickening as it sounds and as obvious a troll it was at the thought of pearce wearing the 7 in green and gold just remember. ....Ben hornby has worn that jumper

Latest posts