What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Movies that were panned by audiences/critics that you loved

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Righto mate...

Please reveal your impeccable taste in cinema excellence...
Debbie Does Dallas and The Devil In Mrs Jones III.

Just pure visual pleasure...:cool:

Now you can go back to your collection of Hollywood bullshit. Like The Furious bullshit series where a car can roll a hundred times doing 200 kph and the driver keeps on driving until he cries about a broken fingernail.

FMD!

vvvrulz

Coach
The most overrated films of all time are those ridiculous comic book turds.

Shit like The Avengers, Dark Knight, Captain America and the list goes on...

And on....

And on....

Marvel and DC Comics et al gave birth to the crappiest movies in cinematic history.

You're not wrong, except for the fact that you listed TDK and The Avengers in the turd list.
One genuinely great and the other very good.

But everything Avengers onwards ranged from mediocre to just lazy tripe.

Crowds have become far too easy to please; most of the movies are A-grade actors in capes quipping about in glossy plotless mazes, with plenty nudges and winks to the universe and the customary 'omg' post-credits sections which almost always amount to nothing anyway. As empty as it is glossy.

axl rose

Bench
Pink Panther

The one with Steve Martin?

Street Fighter , come on you know you liked it

ff6b76a8f9912f2d843e146279c0f5bd.jpg

Last edited:

Vozzy

Juniors
Movies i liked:

Super troopers
Flight plan
The alien and predator movies
The hobbit
Saw 4,5,6

Movies I hate:
La la land

Horror films that made me laugh:
Texas chain saw massacre
Blair witch project
All the paranormal activity (I laughed in the cinema think people covering eyes thought I was weird) doors opening don't scare me and obvious the devil chick is gonna run at the screen lol.

edabomb

First Grade
Vanilla Sky. It was probably the first movie I saw in that genre.

Bringing Out The Dead.

I also agree with OP on The Cable Guy.

sandshark

Bench
Silence directed by Martin Scorsese, critics and audiences didn't seem to enjoy it as well as his previous films but I thought the story was quite compelling with great visual shots.
Worth watching if you have a bit of time to yourself.

Pugzley

The Star Wars prequels. They were enjoyable and the way they connected to the originals was serviceable. The people who hate it tend to be the ones that hold on to nostalgia for too long.

PJ

First Grade
Phantom Menace was a steaming pile of poo.

Watch the Mr Plinkett review for a detailed explanation of why and how.

Other two were fine but still had the lingering stench of the first.

Life's Good

Coach
Copland - Stellar cast of DeNiro, Stallone, Keitel, Liotta. Even though Stallone was nominated for an Academy Award I recall some of the critics saying he was out of his depth. This is why critics are as*holes. Stallone was brilliant as was Liotta.
One scene has Stallone talking to a woman, Annabella Sciorra, whose life he had saved many years earlier(and who he loved) only for her to marry someone else.
Sciorra - 'how come you never got married Freddie'
Stallone - 'all the good girls were taken'
Powerful stuff and Stallone is simply perfect in his delivery.

Watch it if you haven't.

Parra

Referee
Copland - Stellar cast of DeNiro, Stallone, Keitel, Liotta. Even though Stallone was nominated for an Academy Award I recall some of the critics saying he was out of his depth. This is why critics are as*holes. Stallone was brilliant as was Liotta.
One scene has Stallone talking to a woman, Annabella Sciorra, whose life he had saved many years earlier(and who he loved) only for her to marry someone else.
Sciorra - 'how come you never got married Freddie'
Stallone - 'all the good girls were taken'
Powerful stuff and Stallone is simply perfect in his delivery.

Watch it if you haven't.

Better than Cobra?

DiegoNT

First Grade
The Star Wars prequels. They were enjoyable and the way they connected to the originals was serviceable. The people who hate it tend to be the ones that hold on to nostalgia for too long.

I remember liking Phantom as a kid, but tried watching it as an adult a few years back and just couldn't get into it

I remember enjoying revenge of the sith, but trying to think of the movie now i cant remember any memorable moments before Anakin kills the younglings.

Attack of the clones was just shit. Didn't like it at the cinemas (the only star wars movie i hated on first watch) and it still remains one of the movies i hate the most.

Latest posts