What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Movies that were panned by audiences/critics that you loved

Saw Tom Green do stand up a few weeks ago. At the end of the show he got the audience to yell out scenes from Freddy Got Fingered and he acted them out. Was a brilliant night.

Saw him a few years back. His anecdotes were really funny, especially his take on his cancer.

McLovin

Staff member
Ted got panned because it was fking terrible like anything with Melissa McCarthy in it....

vvvrulz

Coach
Death to Smoochy

Original, absolutely hilarious, bloody hell Robin Williams and Ed Norton turn in some acting here!

Dogs Of War

Coach
Ted seemed well liked by citics and had good word of mouth, but i thought a million ways to die in the west was a lot better.

I like the comedy in ted better myself. Ted is something I can rewatch but millions ways to die in the west just doesn't have that element for me.

InFlames

Juniors
Agree wuth Cable Guy and Ford Fairlane.

Wedding Crashers

True Romance , Jackie Brown both seemed to be ignored by audiences. Same for Glengarry Glen Ross.

Street Trash

Days of Thunder

Cobra

Under Siege

What a random blast from the past.
Thats the 80s horror where street bums drink poison whiskey and start to mutate right?
One of the weirdest movies I rented as a teenager.

Parra

Referee
That's it.

Last time I checked someone had uploaded it to youtube. Once seen it cannot be unseen.

Viper was the drink.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
I wholeheartedly agree with Prometheus.

It probably got panned because it was quite thought provoking, requiring more than a few dozen brain cells to process.

It shits from a great height on that extended cornfield borefest called.....

f**kING INTERSTELLAR!! :sick:

vvvrulz

Coach

It probably got panned because it was quite thought provoking, requiring more than a few dozen brain cells to process.

Prometheus deserved the shit it got, and NOT because it was thought provoking (it certainly was).

It was a series of great ideas, told very clumsily with extremely poor characterisation and lazy plot holes everywhere. I've heard stories of shoddy rewrites and it shows. All concept, no execution. It was like an antithesis of Avatar, which took a very simple story and told it brilliantly.

A shame because visually it looked absolutely fantastic and as I said so many great questions opened up and unexplored.

I'm no Interstellar fan boy, but it was better than this.

McLovin

Staff member
Apparently they've scrapped Alien 5 for Prometheus 2...

Interstellar was pretty good I thought.

McLovin

Staff member
A bit of research and 'Alien 5' was to be continuation of Aliens whereby the third and fourth films don't exist. Ripley, Hicks, and Newt survive. Interesting.

I'm a big fan of Neill Blomkamp's style and cinematography. Thought highly District 9 and Chappy so I would have been all for this...

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
A bit of research and 'Alien 5' was to be continuation of Aliens whereby the third and fourth films don't exist. Ripley, Hicks, and Newt survive. Interesting.

I'm a big fan of Neill Blomkamp's style and cinematography. Thought highly District 9 and Chappy so I would have been all for this...

Chappy in particular was a great watch. It really blew me away.

RoosTah

Juniors

I actually liked Prometheus too, but also did feel the influence of Lindelof got a bit too much in parts... I've heard that he came in and added a lot of mystery to a script that was a bit more straight forward to start, but maybe just went a bit too far on that front by muddying things that were originally quite clear. Like I've read how David's conversation with the engineer was originally played out in more detail, which makes him going mental make a lot more sense.

That said, like Interstellar it had one thing that really pissed me off and that's a whole lot of shit about love and faith.

In interstellar you have Anne-Hathaway's character - a f**king astrophysicist - talking about how "love can transcend time and space" . What.the.f**k. :sick:

But sadly, in Prometheus you have Noomi Rapace's character - also a scientist - going on about her pursuing her field and the whole mission becauase she has "faith". Again, what.the.f**k! :sick:

As for movies I'd choose:

- Batman v Superman - everyone seems to hate it, but as a comic book movie I thought it was pretty freaking awesome, even if they do interrupt it near the end to jam in a commercial for upcoming movies.

Last edited:

Latest posts