What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my RLWC 2013 VENUES

roughyedspud

Coach
GROUP GAMES featuring england

opening game , england v australia @ CoMs,cap 48k....we have 4 years to work out a deal..

all other england group games

the JJB , cap 25,000
the KC, cap 25,000...the 4nations problem won't be an issue for a world cup

other GROUP GAMES & ranking games assuming we use that format using,primerily,Rugby stadiums*

doncaster,cap15,000
st helens new stadium, cap 18,000
warrington, cap 14,000
headingley,cap 22,000...providing they carry out the planned upgrades
leigh (LSV), cap 12,000
whitehaven,cumbria, new community stadium cap 8,000
london,the stoop,cap 12,500
london,the olympic stadium,cap 25,000...though this venue might not be ready after the planned downsizing from 80,000..will it take longer than 12months?

* - if the welsh make it,and they can make a couple or 3 group game profitable then by all means lets take games there..

wales, swansea,cap 20,000
wales, bridgend new stadium, cap 13,000

SEMI FINALS

bolton, reebok stadium,cap 28,000...like the KC & CoMS availablity for the world cup won't be an issue

huddersfield, galpharm stadium, cap 24,000,

FINAL

wembley, cap 90,000

Acka

Coach
GROUP GAMES featuring england

opening game , england v australia @ CoMs,cap 48k....we have 4 years to work out a deal..

all other england group games

the JJB , cap 25,000
the KC, cap 25,000...the 4nations problem won't be an issue for a world cup

other GROUP GAMES & ranking games assuming we use that format using,primerily,Rugby stadiums*

doncaster,cap15,000
st helens new stadium, cap 18,000
warrington, cap 14,000
headingley,cap 22,000...providing they carry out the planned upgrades
leigh (LSV), cap 12,000
whitehaven,cumbria, new community stadium cap 8,000
london,the stoop,cap 12,500
london,the olympic stadium,cap 25,000...though this venue might not be ready after the planned downsizing from 80,000..will it take longer than 12months?

* - if the welsh make it,and they can make a couple or 3 group game profitable then by all means lets take games there..

wales, swansea,cap 20,000
wales, bridgend new stadium, cap 13,000

SEMI FINALS

bolton, reebok stadium,cap 28,000...like the KC & CoMS availablity for the world cup won't be an issue

huddersfield, galpharm stadium, cap 24,000,

FINAL

wembley, cap 90,000

There is no way Wembley will sell out for a Rugby League World Cup Final even if England are in it. I think the best bet for the World Cup Final venue would be either the City Of Manchester Stadium or Elland Road

There is no way Wembley will sell out for a Rugby League World Cup Final even if England are in it. I think the best bet for the World Cup Final venue would be either the City Of Manchester Stadium or Elland Road

How about Villa Park???

nadera78

Juniors
There's no real reason why you can't get 60,000 to Wembley for the final if there is proper planning and marketing put in place far enough in advance. The 2000 event saw 20,000 locals turn up (out of a 33,000 crowd) at Twickenham on a filthy night, with very limited pre-match publicity. And the general state of the game in London is so far advanced to what it was nine years ago as to be unrecognisable.

Maybe Arsenal (60,000 cap) or Tottenham's new ground (55,000 cap I think) would be a better bet than Wembley, either way the final should be in London.

I'd add a couple of home games for the French (Toulouse RU 20,00 cap) if they qualify. If Salford ever get theirs built then use that instead of Leigh. And I'd forget about Bolton, the odd games we've played there before have been poorly attended. Maybe use Wigan or Hull instead.

There might be an argument for playing an England group game at Notts County; 20,000 capacity, lots of development work going on in the midlands, easily commutable from the heartlands, and I think you'd get the locals interested in seeing England play.

In Birmmingham rugby league is pretty much non existent so holding the final at Villa Park especially if England don't make the final would be a disaster

Good Point. The good thing about England though is its variety of Stadiums. There are simply just so many to choose from. I prefer the Final to be held at Old Trafford. It's within Rugby League's usual borders in England and it has fantastic Seating and facilities.

saddog

Juniors
I am not convinced as yet that the next world cup may not be here in Oz - it all comes down to Richard Lewis's ability to get commitment from Uk governments, which will not be easy considering they have the olympics in 2012.

hutch

First Grade
I am not convinced as yet that the next world cup may not be here in Oz - it all comes down to Richard Lewis's ability to get commitment from Uk governments, which will not be easy considering they have the olympics in 2012.

god i hope not. the world cup needs to be promoted as once in a life time events, it should be rotated as often as possible. id prefer uk 2013, nz 2017, france 2021, australia 2025.

god i hope not. the world cup needs to be promoted as once in a life time events, it should be rotated as often as possible. id prefer uk 2013, nz 2017, france 2021, australia 2025.

I honestly see that it should be every 3 Years. It makes more sense to have it mor often. More games for everyone especially for the Minor-Nations but since that not on the cards I reckon 2017 or 2021 should be in North America.

bobbis

Juniors

In the early 90s RL use to be able to gt 70000 at Wembly for Ashes tests, the game needs to be ambitious, even 2000 RLWC had 40000 to Aus v NZ in the final.

Acka

Coach
In the early 90s RL use to be able to gt 70000 at Wembly for Ashes tests, the game needs to be ambitious, even 2000 RLWC had 40000 to Aus v NZ in the final.

The only time a rugby league test match has cracked the 70000 barrier at Wembley was for the the final of the 1992 World Cup between Australia and Great Britain won 10-6 by Australia when a crowd of 73631 attended (A World Record attendance for a Rugby League international. The record crowd for a Ashes Test at Wembley was 57034 in 1994.

The only time a rugby league test match has cracked the 70000 barrier at Wembley was for the the final of the 1992 World Cup between Australia and Great Britain won 10-6 by Australia when a crowd of 73631 attended (A World Record attendance for a Rugby League international. The record crowd for a Ashes Test at Wembley was 57034 in 1994.

I guess, it would then make sense to have a Semi-Final played at Bradford. That Stadium is quite large.

Acka

Coach
I honestly thought it seated it more.;-)

Well it did hold the world record for largest attendance at a Rugby League match with a crowd of 102569 for the 1954 challenge cup final replay until it was beaten in 1999 by the double header at Stadium Australia Homebush Australia.

Well it did hold the world record for largest attendance at a Rugby League match with a crowd of 102569 for the 1954 challenge cup final replay until it was beaten in 1999 by the double header at Stadium Australia Homebush Australia.

Yeah. Read about that a few seconds ago.:) If Odsal is off the cards then I guess any stadium above 40,000 in the Manchester-Blackburn Area and the areas surround that would be fine to host a Semi-Final. Wembly hosting one wouldn't do the game justice considering that only 50,000 to 60,000 would probably show up.

Latest posts