What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nail your colours to the mast

nontime111

Juniors
of course we can were top of the table and were only crap last game due to immense fatigue
we will recover from the origin and test period and find our early season mojo again to win it, were good in mungrel close games

LINESPEED

Juniors
Yes, we can but it won't be due to the coaching and lots of things will need to keep going our way.

We have the cattle with Mann on the wing but sadly Nighty should drop off the bench too and be replaced by a forward or real utility, which I don't know that we have.

I have this recurring dream of Jai running off Luc & length of the field tries that bring the hill to their feet again - much like Duff v Grubnulla
Speed in attack!
Jack Gibson used to bring on unsung young guys at critical moments when the teams were tiring - and they'd win countless games from nowhere.
He'd've found a place for Jai last match & he'd've found holes & sharpened the attack IMO. Horses for courses Jack used to say - injecting players at the right moments.
And McGregor's slowing coming around, as Jai would've been in the 17 only for Nighty. I remember Jai being interviewed & saying Mary loved his speed.
Throw in Lomax & you've got the future.

Last edited:

ouryears

Bench
1. I think we will finish 1st or second after 25 rounds.
2. If we finish 1st or second we automatically play week two. I still believe Finals are a lottery. Depends on who we play, injuries etc. We can go all the way. I reckon we’ll play Cronulla in the GF.
3. For mine it’s almost a sucessful season already. If we improve on the 28 points we got last year (with 2 byes) it’s improvement and succesful. I’ve already enjoyed the year so far, much more than I have in years. Don’t give a shit what some say, it’s not accepting mediocraty at all, it’s about enjoying the footy played by our team and I’m having a ball.
So you are saying the season now is already successful.

Wow.....Wow

We paid good money for Hunt and Graham and you say just making the 8 is a successful season?!

You have got to be joking.
Top 8 is laughable.

Mary's manager must love you.

Such low goals, I hope none of the players ever read that shite.

possm

Coach
We missed a chance to make a positive move towards our success in 2018. If our top 17 are fresh and available, I'm of the opinion that we will finish first or second and go on to play in the GF. However, if we would have used the salary gained from Thompson's move to Manly plus left overs from the loss of Dugan and Packer to buy a top grade prop, our march to a premiership win would be hard to stop. In my opinion we are on prop short. We have Vaughan, Ah Mau and Graham. The Sharks who already had a strong pack bought Woods and so now have 3 SOO props in Fifita, Woods and Prior for the rest of the season.

The only explination for this may be an eye to front end contracts leaving room to spend cap money for 2019. To be honest, I'm tired of sacrificing team strength in the current year to make way for extra strength in the following year. 2018 is our best chance for a premiership since 2010 and yet we look towards 2019.

st penguin

Juniors
So you are saying the season now is already successful.

Wow.....Wow

We paid good money for Hunt and Graham and you say just making the 8 is a successful season?!

You have got to be joking.
Top 8 is laughable.

Mary's manager must love you.

Such low goals, I hope none of the players ever read that shite.

So.....what are your expectations for this year??

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Top 4 is what we what.
Top two is success
Then enjoy the ride.
If we can peak at the right time.
You never now we may win the whole thing.
Souths are going great.
So is the rooters and the storm.
But I think the scum will be the team to beat

Two points:

1, from what I've seen thus far, the only teams who (I believe) have the Dragons' measure are Souths and Melbourne.

2. the Chooks (particularly its spine) concern me greatly - I feel there's a very good chance that a team outside the top four will win the 2018 comp.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Speaking of the Dragons' attack; is it just me or has the above become a lot more lateral since the Melbourne (Kogarah) game?

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Two points:

1, from what I've seen thus far, the only teams who (I believe) have the Dragons' measure are Souths and Melbourne.

2. the Chooks (particularly its spine) concern me greatly - I feel there's a very good chance that a team outside the top four will win the 2018 comp.

Agree re Souths and Melbourne.
But as much as it pains me to say shark are right up there.