What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name & Design the Adelaide Pandas Rival Bid Team

If the Sharks are forced to relocate to Adelaide, call 'em the Southern Bite - shark logo and current colours, jersey.

Lambretta

First Grade
Southern Sloths

Representing the South Island of New Zealand

The Sloth is a great creature as matches the pace of life on New Zealands South Island.

390.gif

Colour light brown
Club song - wake up Jeff

Last edited:

Lambretta

First Grade
Just realised I posted these in the wrong thread...... :eek:

If the NT is getting a team it's between the following

Darwin Dodo's
dodo_bird.jpg

The Dodo represents Darwin perfectly in that it was fat, tasted revolting, looked like a piece of shit and everyone was glad to see the back of it once it left us.

Or if the Dodo's become extinct they can be replaced by the Katherine Zeta Jones's. The lightburn Zeta was produced in Australia from 1963 to 1965 so it was a resounding success - much like the Northern Territory itself.

media

Sleek, efficient, desireable and worth at least the price of a stubby of beer. This magnificent machine just screams success doesn't it?

The Katherine Zeta's could be filled with players from Welsh Rugby Union, all of whom are called Jones. They could even have a team song of Walking in the Air sung by Aled Jones

This endevour is a must for Rugby League.

One of my NFL Fantasy Teams was the Snowtown Coopers

Slogan "We make the barrels you put the bodies in"
Not many people got it

Some obnoxious trog with her obnoxious trog brood were at Coles.

One of them was called Cooper. I said to the mum it was nice she named her son after a barrel maker. I swear, no word of a lie, she replies : 'what's a barrel?'

LOL.

Lambretta

First Grade
Some obnoxious trog with her obnoxious trog brood were at Coles.

One of them was called Cooper. I said to the mum it was nice she named her son after a barrel maker. I swear, no word of a lie, she replies : 'what's a barrel?'

LOL.

f**k me some people are as thick as pig shit aren't they?

PS. I bet they were Souths fans :p
(if they were Roosters fans the kid would have been Rupert or Henry)

sheepbender

Juniors
Now that the Pandas jersey have been made & sent out, is anyone keen to go ahead and design a new jersey & have it made?

LJC

Juniors
With the success of the Adelaide Pandas idea and having the actual jerseys being made as we speak. I thought why not come up with another team name, location, jersey design and logo.
Lets make it a community collaboration, everyone thats remotely interested can put forth place names, team names and uniform colour suggestions.
Once we have a fair few to choose from, we'll have a vote. Then the budding designers can come up with a logo and jersey designs to be voted on. And then if theres enough interest again, maybe we'll have them made up.

Whos keen? (Im going to guess only me for a few weeks haha)

Adelaide Dingos
At least its an Australian dog! And I think there are plenty of them in South Australia.

Not sure about the colours yet?

sheepbender

Juniors
Perhaps we decide on a nickname, then colours, then choose a location after..

So lets collate the names.. If you come up with something new, add it too the list..

Armadillo
Alpacas
Platypus
Elephants
Night Flyers
Night wings
Stubbies
Sailors
Dingoes
Devils
RoadTrains
Borg
Lobsters
Coral Sea Crabs
Donkeys
Walruses
Leopards
Hippopotamus
Wharthogs
Macaws
Beagles
Pelicans
Cannibals
Poachers
Dugongs
Geckos
Quakes
Sloths
Dodo
Platypi
Rangers
Chupacabra
Burras/Kookaburras

A pretty decent list.. Add to it, maybe we choose a top 3, and our budding designers can come up with jersey designs based on the choices, and then we whittle it down to a top contender, and refine that one..

sheepbender

Juniors
Think of colour combinations not already in the NRL..

Teal/Orange/White
Purple/Green/Gold
Gold/Aqua/Purple
Green/White
Navy/Orange
Maroon/Green
Blue/Black/Silver
Navy/Gold/Red
Maroon/Proper Gold/Black
Maroon/Blue
Navy/Orange
Green/Black/White
Steel Blue/Navy/Lime

Some of these you will recognise, but its a start, and might inspire some ideas.. Add to it..

boonboon

Juniors
Australian sport and rugby league needs a team called the Wombats with fatso the fat arsed wombat from Roy and HGs the dream from Sydney Olympics as the mascot. Who cares where the team is based its the only Ozzie animal yet to get a team in any sport as far as I know and you just know they would have great forwards.

And just because it'd be random they should have flouro pink jersey with Australian blue shorts and trimming

Could be West Brisbane wombats perhaps

IowaRL

Juniors
I'm biased towards black white and green as this is close to the Iowa City Crash team I play for in the US.

Christmas Island Crabs - Light Blue, Orange and White
Warnambool Wombats - Gold and Tan

Zigwaa

Bench
I like the colour scheme you have of aqua orange and white (similar to Miami Dolphins) or Green, black and white (like Boston Celtics)