What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Brown To Parramatta?

DiegoNT

First Grade
Why ask me a question and when i answer then rave on about nothing to do with what you asked me about
While on about Sam check his stats and compare to Clark and there is your answer
Im convinced your a solicitor and changer of subject is your finest skill
Divide sams stats by 4 as clark is being paid a quarter of what sam is earning, then you can fairly compare the stats between the 2.

Dogmatix

Juniors
Souths will regret signing Clark for 2 more years. They could definitely have signed a better player for the same money or got the same player for less money

Clark is supposed to be an ace defender but he let a rookie on debut bust through his tackle on the line to score last game

Dog matrix at least you see Clarke for what he is , very bloody average
As well as letting that try in he gave away the hold down penalty on the 4th 20 m out
As you can see some on here want to burn me for telling it how it is re Clark
Diego loves the guy , why settle for average is all I'm asking
Rochow is way harder than Clark

DiegoNT

First Grade
Souths will regret signing Clark for 2 more years. They could definitely have signed a better player for the same money or got the same player for less money

Clark is supposed to be an ace defender but he let a rookie on debut bust through his tackle on the line to score last game
What other props do you see in the same 200-250k range?

DiegoNT

First Grade
As well as letting that try in he gave away the hold down penalty on the 4th 20 m out
I agree he is very average. But with a salary cap in place you need the average joes around the Place. With the burgii taking up so much cap you need the cheaper players who'll just go about there jobs. Of course i love the guy, I've only seen 1 premiership in my lifetime and he was one of the seventeen guys that helped deliver it. I'm under no illusions that he is a great player, that he'll win us tight games or turn a game on its head, but he'll work hard to allow the guys like Inglis, Sam and walker do that.

Curns13

Juniors
Sorry BR, gotta disagree about Clark. Rochow is a better player but I'd say he is on more coin and has only played 13 games due to injury in the last 2 years compared with Clark's 41. The bloke averages 75 metres and 25 tackles coming off the bench and always gives his all. Is he a great player? No. Are we getting value for money? Well he's a 132 game veteran, who helped win us a premiership, who bleeds red and green and is getting paid peanuts compared to most of his top 17 team mates. I'd say we are getting a pretty good deal.

Fair call Curns I get where Diego and you are coming from
The one thing that really does my head in is all the fellas on here stating
Oh player a gets this much
Player b gets this much
I mean honestly who are you kidding as I've said a hundreds times unless you are paying their wages it's nothing but fictitious bullshit saying what any player is on it's almost embarrassing
Nobody knows jack shit about the real facts of what they get including tpas and bonuses so let's just give the whole he gets this much a big miss

Curns13

Juniors
Fair call Curns I get where Diego and you are coming from
The one thing that really does my head in is all the fellas on here stating
Oh player a gets this much
Player b gets this much
I mean honestly who are you kidding as I've said a hundreds times unless you are paying their wages it's nothing but fictitious bullshit saying what any player is on it's almost embarrassing
Nobody knows jack shit about the real facts of what they get including tpas and bonuses so let's just give the whole he gets this much a big miss
I guess that's the hard part. For me cost/impact is a big part of what makes a footy club work. I really hate all this 'dud' talk nonsense. IMO there are no dud players, only dud contracts. Any bloke who can pull on his jersey even for a QLD/NSW Cup team isn't in any way a 'dud' player. That person is one of the best 1000 footy players in the country. How can that person possibly be a dud? I'm a teacher from QLD and there are something like 52,000 teachers in my state. If I'm one of the top 1000 I'm pretty bloody pleased with myself. I may not be the GI or Sam of teachers but I'm no where near a 'dud'. So what I'm saying is that while Clark is no world beater, and like Diego said, he is as average a first grader as they come, for the money I am guessing that we are paying him, I believe he is value for money. Now if Sam suddenly started playing like Clarky, then we have a big problem.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Why ask me a question and when i answer then rave on about nothing to do with what you asked me about
While on about Sam check his stats and compare to Clark and there is your answer
Im convinced your a solicitor and changer of subject is your finest skill
Don't worry BR.

I respect your views mate even if I disagree a bit with them. But I can see what you're saying and I know you can sort of see what I've said re Cam.

There isn't enough respect on here lately.

Dogmatix

Juniors
DiegoNT

I don't see Clark as a prop. He is a small defensive middle forward but not a prop as his runs have no impact

What Souths should have done is let Clark go, keep Brown and extend young Souths' forward Cheyne Whitelaw. From what I can tell Whitelaw is a younger, better version of Clark so a small defensive forward

Souths should have been able to still sign young Whitelaw for the minimum and obviously if he proves himself he gets an upgrade down the track. But for now keep him on the minimum and use the savings from Clark's current contract to increase Brown's pay and keep him rather than Clark

This way Souths keep 2 better players than Clark and improve the overall squad

Dogmatrix now that makes a lot of sense ,why keep Clark if we could save that money for keeping brown or similar
Clark is no prop never will be too small doesn't make any metres or impact
He is an average small middle forward

News just out he has signed with Parra as i expected, very happy to have him, disappointing for you guys you had to let him go but he's the exact type of guy we need.
George Jennings has also signed with the eels.

Rabbits20

Immortal
That's what I think also.
Finally someone agrees with me.

I've been copping it lately and I'm only expressing my views.

I respect everyone's view even if I disagree with it.

There has to be more good behaviour/respect on here.

At least you and I stand shoulder to shoulder Southsport bunny buddy!!!!