What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBA All-star game voting

Ridders

Coach
Atm the dunk contest line-up consists of Gerald Wallace, Shannon Brown, Nate Robinson and either Eric Gordon or DeRozan depending on who win's their "dunk off". Hardly anything to get excited about. Does Eric Gordon even dunk? In all the games I've seen him play, I'm never seen him dunk. 3 point contest is the thing for him. Kid has unlimited range.

Like Shaq's idea although I think we have to go with better candidates than Kobe and Vince. Both have lost their hops and would only be shadows of their former selves.

willvillain

Juniors
Shaq's idea is great, and might actually result in me tuning in.

Of the four on show at the moment, the only one I might be interested in is Shannon Brown, and really if I want to see him attempt ridiculous dunks I just need to tune into any Lakers game when they're up by 25+ in the 4th.

El Coconuto

Bench
As a valiant Magic fan, I feel qualified to surmise that I don't think Vince can even do a backboard tap without hurting something these days.

I'm excited for the Wallace/Brown showdown. I've always thought Nate has gotten a free-ride with the judges/fans because of his height. I'd like to see Wallace win. He's been solid for years without ever winning anything. Would like to see him do well.

Ridders

Coach
Shaq's idea is great, and might actually result in me tuning in.

Of the four on show at the moment, the only one I might be interested in is Shannon Brown, and really if I want to see him attempt ridiculous dunks I just need to tune into any Lakers game when they're up by 25+ in the 4th.

:lol: That is so true.

Ridders

Coach
Link

Updated: January 21, 2010, 7:33 PM ET
All-Star starters announced Thursday

Comment Email Print Share
Associated Press

NEW YORK -- Allen Iverson has been voted to start in the All-Star game, while Steve Nash and Tim Duncan made late moves to claim starting spots for the Western Conference.
Nash passed the inactive Tracy McGrady as the second guard, while Duncan disappointed Dallas fans hoping to see Dirk Nowitzki start by rallying past the Mavericks forward.
LeBron James was the leading vote-getter for the Feb. 14 game at Cowboys Stadium, becoming the first player to earn at least 2.5 million votes three times.
Joining James and Iverson as East starters Thursday were Miami guard Dwyane Wade, Orlando center Dwight Howard and Boston forward Kevin Garnett.
Lakers guard Kobe Bryant was picked in the West along with Phoenix center Amare Stoudemire and Denver forward Carmelo Anthony.

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

Ridders

Coach
T-Mac got shafted. What a surprise.

I think the West lineup is pretty fair although STAT getting in ahead of Dirk is a bit wrong.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
T-Mac got shafted. What a surprise.

I think the West lineup is pretty fair although STAT getting in ahead of Dirk is a bit wrong.
Couldn't agree more - the reeeedikulus (thanks Tomic) thing about it is Stoudemire is a forward and Duncan is a centre. Had they been listed that way on the ballot Dirk might have got in ahead of Stoudemire but unfortunately that's the way it goes.

Ridders

Coach
Oh well. When guys like AI and KG are starting ahead of candidates like Rondo, JJ, Bosh, J-Smoove etc in the East, Stoudermire doesn't look too bad. The Dirkster will definitely make it on the bench so I guess it ain't all bad.

Latest posts