What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBA trivia

Mr Saab

Referee
That was him
I have that series on tape and have watched it a "few" times ( i am a big pistons fan).
Bad luck today with the raptors losing to the pistons in OT. Raptors made a good comeback in the 4th to send it to OT. Big Ben with 6 blocks.

your question?

I've watched it a "few" times too, but not recently enough. Did you tape game 5 - there was a good piece at the end of the game, after Vinnie's game winner. It was CBS's last broadcast after many years, as NBC was taking over the NBA contract the next year. They showed a string of highlights of their coverage over the years, set to music. Some great footage. I'll have to dig out my tape and watch it again, including the Danny Young shot.

OK Pistons fan, who did Detroit trade to Utah to get Adrian Dantley in 87?

Mr Saab

Referee
no back then when it was shown in australia they only showed the game, 2 min of the NBA trophey presentation and thats it.

pistons sent kelly tripucka and kent benson to utah for dantley...who was then later traded to the mavs for aguire (88/89)

Too easy. Tripucka, Dantley, and Laimbeer all went to Notre Dame, btw. I believe Kelly and bill played together there, while AD was older.

Mr Saab

Referee
big bad bill laimbeer. I saw an Up Close special about him some 7 yrs back and it was an interesting look into his career.

question : what number did rodman wear when he played for the Lakers

Goldthorpe

Bench
Charlie Saab said:
big bad bill laimbeer. I saw an Up Close special about him some 7 yrs back and it was an interesting look into his career.

question : what number did rodman wear when he played for the Lakers

Goldthorpe

Bench
On draft day, Scottie Pippen was traded to the Chicago Bulls. Who originally drafted him and who did the Bulls give up for him?

Mr Saab

Referee
Madcat said:
CLE from 1986-87 to 1994-95
WAS in 1995-96
GSW in 1996-97
ORL in 1997-98

How good was he?

he was very very good when he was a cavalier.

Question : Isiah Thomas played from 1981/82 to 1993/4
which yrs did he NOT play in the all star game?

93-94? He had slowed down by then. He was supposed to play on the "Dream Team 2" in the 94 worlds in Toronto, but he tore his achilles in his last Pistons game and had to sit out. He went right from playing to being GM of the new Raptors franchise.

I always thought it was a shame that Isiah wasn't on the original Dream Team.

Mr Saab

Referee
it was 93/94 season
isiah should have been on the original dream team. I thought with Daley as coach he would have had some sway in selections.
He should have been there instead of Laettner.

Mr Saab

Referee
hmmm winners of the 80s were

Paul Whitehead Lakers
Bill Fitch Boston
KC Jones Boston
Pat Riley Lakers
Billy Cunningham 76ers
Chuck Daley Pistons

i dont recall any of those guys getting to the finals again (riley with the knicks vs rockets) with different clubs in later yrs, let alone coaching against their old club in the finals