What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nene

FlameThrower

Bench
Personally I wonder how much the lack of coaching from McGregor has done to him. IMO was a better player at the Titans than he has been with us. His attitude may be due to his opinion on McGregor maybe. Similar to Jamie Soward and the water boy Steve Price.
He is a professional footballer on a lot of money. He has not shown urgency or instincts when it's needed. Jogs back at half pace and is so slow turning around, you'd think he had concrete shoes. Every game I have seen him play he always makes bad mistakes..

hewi

Bench
He is a professional footballer on a lot of money. He has not shown urgency or instincts when it's needed. Jogs back at half pace and is so slow turning around, you'd think he had concrete shoes. Every game I have seen him play he always makes bad mistakes..

Don't disagree, however was he like this at the Titans?

BennyV

Referee
The "other" winger added way more value to the team then Nene tho...
Over the course of his career, definitely. This year, arguable.

Nene and Flo made the same metres, although Nene had marginally less runs and less minutes. Flo made more missed tackles and less tackle breaks. The biggest difference comes in the tries scores, but in context (playing outside Lafai, with second most offloads in the NRL, and Widdop, with the third most try assists, as opposed to McCrone and Aitken/Dugan) that is to be expected.

Of course, there's the intangibles to consider. Flo's lack of speed cost us tries, there's simply no getting around that - I can think of twice in the final game where he was in the clear, only to be easily rounded up by Chase f**king Stanley!! Compare this with Nene's perceived lack of effort.

One of these problems is far more easily fixed than the other.

nontime111

Juniors
its all NENES fault, hes only got himself to blame if it happens for just not even putting in.....he appeared to go on 10 percent all year it frustrated sh(*^ out of me! after seeing him FLY so fast on the Coast! it really sh(*^ me almost total lack of respect for the Red V! Im hoping RONAS coming or at least someone who PUTS IN EVERY GAME 100 PERCENT

BennyV

Referee
HOW DARE YOU
Dude, I dont like it any more than you do!

But I've seen too many of our 2010 heroes stay a year too long. Hornby, Fien, Cooper, Creagh, all struggled through their final year with us. Difference is that none of these guys were blocking the path of our young guns on the rise, Nighty is.

He still does good things but in our slow AF backline, he's the slowest. He'd be the slowest winger in the comp. He cant fit into those ridiculous holes to snag tries and he can't keep up with the speedsters in defence. 2017 should have been his last year with us in first grade (might have given us some motivation for Round 26!).

JACK V

Juniors
NRL leaks

RED V FLYER ON THE NOSE
There's suggestions that Dragons winger Nene McDonald could be on the outer at the club.

The club will deny it, but where there's smoke there's fire.
in my opinion most disaponting of our top 17 .
Keep looking

blacksafake

First Grade
I hope not as Brett is a whinging turn coast who should be stamped dead to the Dragons.

He had a cry got his wish now he can piss off to the UK.
I've heard it's really on the cards coastie but you normally get decent info. Have you heard anything?

OzDragon

Coach
Dude, I dont like it any more than you do!

But I've seen too many of our 2010 heroes stay a year too long. Hornby, Fien, Cooper, Creagh, all struggled through their final year with us. Difference is that none of these guys were blocking the path of our young guns on the rise, Nighty is.

He still does good things but in our slow AF backline, he's the slowest. He'd be the slowest winger in the comp. He cant fit into those ridiculous holes to snag tries and he can't keep up with the speedsters in defence. 2017 should have been his last year with us in first grade (might have given us some motivation for Round 26!).
I was just messing with ya but I get what you're saying.

Still, Nighty is an experienced finisher & leader who has a very minimal cap hit. It's a no brainer to keep him on for another year and have him mentor anther winger who takes his place for the majority of the season and keep Nighty to cover for injuries.

I've heard it's really on the cards coastie but you normally get decent info. Have you heard anything?
If it happens its a step backwards and what Millward has done so far it doesn't seem like something he would do.

You may find some one higher up is possibly wanting this bringing back a plauer with history to the club.

Brett is nothing but a turn coat.

Nene made good yardage from dummy half.

His lack of urgency in retrieving kicks was a problem all season.

It is up to the coaching staff and captain to tear him a new one if his attitude was poor.

Whether Aitken or Dugan played right centre, neither was any good in setting him up.

Widdop generally attacks predictably to his left.

Hunt will attack both sides of ruck,hence Nene may get more attacking opportunities. Expect Hunt's kicking game to benefit Nene.

His defence was poor this season.

Won't be upset if he is released to take up a contract elsewhere. He is average at best.

possm

Coach
Over the course of his career, definitely. This year, arguable.

Nene and Flo made the same metres, although Nene had marginally less runs and less minutes. Flo made more missed tackles and less tackle breaks. The biggest difference comes in the tries scores, but in context (playing outside Lafai, with second most offloads in the NRL, and Widdop, with the third most try assists, as opposed to McCrone and Aitken/Dugan) that is to be expected.

Of course, there's the intangibles to consider. Flo's lack of speed cost us tries, there's simply no getting around that - I can think of twice in the final game where he was in the clear, only to be easily rounded up by Chase f**king Stanley!! Compare this with Nene's perceived lack of effort.

One of these problems is far more easily fixed than the other.

I'd say the coach and his game plan had a lot to do with the performance of our wingers. They were given an impossible task to protect their flank while at the same time, stand well inside in our compressed formation. Good coaches are wise to this tatic and know how to get around it. Both wingers looked rubbish when their opposite winger took the long pass or the the short kick while they were well inside trying to shut down play.

Latest posts