What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New ARLC CEO Discussion

Who is your preferred NRL CEO?

• Total voters

Rosetta

Juniors
Rumour doing the traps that it's someone called Rob Coombe, a fmr Westpac executive.

Tsk tsk on someone releasing a name on twitter, "financial sector" was enough info for now.

Rob is in very high demand, we'd be lucky to get him :)

betcats

Referee
Anyone heard of a Finance guy called Dave Smith? Worked at Lloyds.

I've heard his name mentioned but not from any sort of reliable source.

El Diablo

Post Whore
I never got the impression that Gallop was passionate about rugby league...

And your impression is 100% spot on.

gallopcup7.jpg

taipan

Referee
So they are going to choose someone who is capable of managing and developing a multi million dollar business and has a proven track record rather than dredging up some old boy who 'loves the game' and has about as much business acumen as Bunniesman?

#NRLinCrisis

Bring back Paul Osborne ,I say.:sarcasm:

He is the head of WADA.

but that isnt the biggest issue.

The fact that he's almost 70 years old rules him out of a CEO spot.

Same goes for john quayle , they're too old.

All true Herbert but I think a political person comes with very powerful and influential contacts - both home and abroad. It wouldn't hurt us to have friends in high places (like the AFL seem to do) for a change.

Unlike, say a divisive character like Howard for example, John Fahey is liked and respected by both sides of politics. He was also instrumental in Sydney's Olympic bid and has a working class background which means he'd relate to most fans.

Being a politician would mean he'd have a good understanding of red tape, funding, the media/PR and he'd also be good at delegating responsibilities, so age might not be an issue.

He doesn't need the money so he'd be doing it for love.

Granted, a younger guy would be more dynamic and presents a 'future' face for the game but in the interim, an old fella with runs on the board may be less of a gamble.

All true Herbert but I think a political person comes with very powerful and influential contacts - both home and abroad. It wouldn't hurt us to have friends in high places (like the AFL seem to do) for a change.

Unlike, say a divisive character like Howard for example, John Fahey is liked and respected by both sides of politics. He was also instrumental in Sydney's Olympic bid and has a working class background which means he'd relate to most fans.

Being a politician would mean he'd have a good understanding of red tape, funding, the media/PR and he'd also be good at delegating responsibilities, so age might not be an issue.

He doesn't need the money so he'd be doing it for love.

Granted, a younger guy would be more dynamic and presents a 'future' face for the game but in the interim, an old fella with runs on the board may be less of a gamble.

Don't get me wrong , Fahey has a place in the game. Just not as CEO.

Rosetta

Juniors

Latest posts