What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New restrictions closing clubs - this could be big trouble

MugaB

Coach
What about a rant about Parra :joy:
Depends on the context, are we ranting about how many damn spoons their hoarding, or is hindy just ranting about how much he loves parra and that they are the current champs coz they manage to beat the dogs and titans this year

OldPanther

Coach
Depends on the context, are we ranting about how many damn spoons their hoarding, or is hindy just ranting about how much he loves parra and that they are the current champs coz they manage to beat the dogs and titans this year

We could rant about the spoons. What are we suppose to eat our soup with. We just bought a slow cooker and everything!

betcats

Referee
I haven’t read much the thread I have NFI about the clubs finances so I’m just going to ask what’s the consensus? Will Panthers be ok through this? As the group as a whole

franklin2323

Immortal
I haven’t read much the thread I have NFI about the clubs finances so I’m just going to ask what’s the consensus? Will Panthers be ok through this? As the group as a whole

Yeah rents will be put on hold. That jobKeeper Allowance will be a big help.

Budget cuts will be happen but there is plenty to save

Crashtest

Juniors
Foxsports and The DT reporting that the NRL is secretly looking at restarting the competition on 1st June, with the players back at training in a month. They have also hired a new pandemic expert to advice them, with fears they may have shut the season down to early.

Would be awesome if the NRL manage to pull this off and we could have games to watch in two months. Lets hope the Panthers players have been working out hard in their home gyms to keep fit and ready to take on the Storm.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/9ecca9012b33e936406eae08cc737b38

NRL BRINGS RETURN DATE FORWARD A MONTH

The Daily Telegraph reports NRL is secretly hoping to move their season return date forward a month to June 1, not July 1.

July 1 is the date earmarked by ARLC chairman Peter V’landys as the day he wants competition to resume.

But the Telegraph reports a committee formed specifically to explore all options, which is headed by legend Wayne Pearce, are now looking at June 1 as their ideal return.

It would mean players could return to training as early as next month.

The committee have labelled their mission Project Apollo and are taking inspiration from the first moon landing.

Pearce and his team are also exploring scenarios like housing all clubs on a Queensland island and ferrying them to the mainland for games, as well as a conference system so players don’t have to travel far.

Exsilium

First Grade
f**k it would be good to see some footy again

It’s really left a gap in my weekly routine.

Ive turned to the many other hobbies in the interim but I’d like footy to come back sooner rather than later.

On a side note, I wonder how many fringe NRL, or sport fans, won’t return to the game if it doesn’t come back in 2020? A year without footy is tough.

franklin2323

Immortal
It’s really left a gap in my weekly routine.

Ive turned to the many other hobbies in the interim but I’d like footy to come back sooner rather than later.

On a side note, I wonder how many fringe NRL, or sport fans, won’t return to the game if it doesn’t come back in 2020? A year without footy is tough.

I think will have the opposite. Many fans are lazy with getting to games having no games hopefully fixes that

blue bags

First Grade
Talking to a mate in the know.

Panthers will open when the restrictions are woundback. Technically every bar/Restaurant can have 50 but they have planned for 100 maximum
yes the 11 restaurants in panthers , some were doing takeaway, delivered, now can have 10 seated eaters , so if restrictions lifted to 20, or 50 next week. it has caused alot of job losses

Kilkenny

Coach
100 people the club capped it at

According to a former Panthers director who I played golf with this week there is 50 persons allowed per ‘area’ so to speak so Panthers can have potentially say 500 persons in the club for dining and the poker machine areas are now open for business again subject to distancing so how many persons can our club accomodate there? A pub such as the Grey Gums for example which has two or three separate area’s can accomodate 50 in each provided they comply with the 4 metres per square metre and other requirements so as I am led to believe they could be allowed to have up to 150 people in there premises. I could be wrong but this was how it was explained to me!!

blue bags

First Grade
According to a former Panthers director who I played golf with this week there is 50 persons allowed per ‘area’ so to speak so Panthers can have potentially say 500 persons in the club for dining and the poker machine areas are now open for business again subject to distancing so how many persons can our club accomodate there? A pub such as the Grey Gums for example which has two or three separate area’s can accomodate 50 in each provided they comply with the 4 metres per square metre and other requirements so as I am led to believe they could be allowed to have up to 150 people in there premises. I could be wrong but this was how it was explained to me!!
, thats not what glady said, unless i misheard what she said, my local pub is open , only for 10 people at a time, for the bistro, with bar access drinks, only served with meals, being seated on separated tables . dragons leagues club is still shut ,

Kilkenny

Coach
, thats not what glady said, unless i misheard what she said, my local pub is open , only for 10 people at a time, for the bistro, with bar access drinks, only served with meals, being seated on separated tables . dragons leagues club is still shut ,

From June 1. 50 persons per enclosed area provided the 4 square metre rule applies.
So I guess that means if a pub/clubs/restaurant has an area greater than 200 square metres in size they can accomodate 50 patrons provided they are dining. In respect of our club say Panthers most of there restaurants.casual dining options would be spaces greater than 200 square metres so they would be able to accomodate 50 guests within the current arrangements. Anyway I think it is great our government is taking steps to get our economy up and running again as we simply cannot allow this ridiculous lockdown to continue.

blue bags

First Grade
From June 1. 50 persons per enclosed area provided the 4 square metre rule applies.
So I guess that means if a pub/clubs/restaurant has an area greater than 200 square metres in size they can accomodate 50 patrons provided they are dining. In respect of our club say Panthers most of there restaurants.casual dining options would be spaces greater than 200 square metres so they would be able to accomodate 50 guests within the current arrangements. Anyway I think it is great our government is taking steps to get our economy up and running again as we simply cannot allow this ridiculous lockdown to continue.
fully agree, get the clubs open , ASAP

franklin2323

Immortal

500 legally is correct but practically due to table service only 100 is it