What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings- Take 2

Special K

Coach
Are there any left?

In any case, it makes me chortle slightly when punters name players in next years run on side that can't make the Cowboys FG side even with their horrible injury toll last year. Yet all of a sudden he's going to be a superstar!! Look at those fat guts!!!!
Our fans do love a good hype train going back to the Luke Harlen days however Uele did debut and would of got more time if he didn't sign with us. Green brought this guy from the Roosters 20's with him up north and was upset we stole him with a bigger offer(I read we tripled their offer so Flanno sees something). Plus if you look at our track record with forwards I get the hype but yeah you can't judge a player based off highlights let alone from a lower grade.

Ava will be our 3rd prop and will be fantastic from the bench. His ability to win the ruck means if he can replace Prior we won't see much drop off in the middle. If Uele can be sorted out it would be tremendous for our bench that lacked size and impact in 2017 and a perfect Fifita sub. A bench of Bukuya, Ava along with a fit Uele and (ugh) Seggy is impactful.

But the as always there is a chance he will spend the year in NSW cup and never be seen again. If we really are a million under the cap go give it to Taupau.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Our blokes like fat guts. Bellyache sides don't seem to have too many fat guts.

It will be interesting to see what the Storm Coach does with Kasiarno (spellun) . Ive not seen him since he has gone south but I bet youse he has a bit of a Jenny Craig look about him in 2018.

Did you see his pre season wedding pics last year Quigs? Far can almost unrecognisable he dropped that many kegs, then when the season started he looked like same old fat guts Kasiano, but geez he's a great impact forward.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Our fans do love a good hype train going back to the Luke Harlen days however Uele did debut and would of got more time if he didn't sign with us. Green brought this guy from the Roosters 20's with him up north and was upset we stole him with a bigger offer(I read we tripled their offer so Flanno sees something). Plus if you look at our track record with forwards I get the hype but yeah you can't judge a player based off highlights let alone from a lower grade.

Ava will be our 3rd prop and will be fantastic from the bench. His ability to win the ruck means if he can replace Prior we won't see much drop off in the middle. If Uele can be sorted out it would be tremendous for our bench that lacked size and impact in 2017 and a perfect Fifita sub. A bench of Bukuya, Ava along with a fit Uele and (ugh) Seggy is impactful.

But the as always there is a chance he will spend the year in NSW cup and never be seen again. If we really are a million under the cap go give it to Taupau.

Admittedly Fifita's pre season body was pretty bad last year, but he could of had the season off for all I care, after what he did for us.

Frenzy.

Immortal

Undoubtedly he debuted. Came in as 18th man in Round 21 after Fensom pulled out from a rib injury he suffered the week before. Uele played 18 minutes. 4 runs, 46 metres and 14 tackles. Not bad but he was gassed big time

Special K

Coach
Undoubtedly he debuted. Came in as 18th man in Round 21 after Fensom pulled out from a rib injury he suffered the week before. Uele played 18 minutes. 4 runs, 46 metres and 14 tackles. Not bad but he was gassed big time
If we can get 11.5m per hit up while gassed imagine what he could do when fit ;)

Card Shark

Immortal
Good news, he’s something special.

Will step up again this year as long as some cock doesn’t break his jaw again.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Seggy to anyone who'll take him......expect Brailey to really grow into a near 80 minute role next year. Noticed in several games this year that our forwards seemed to lose their momentum when the headless chook came on the field. Give Seggy another crack with a proper pre-season but I wont be holding my breath for anything special.