What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New South Wales 2016

Nealo 12

Bench
Hopefully Gus has told Moylan to take charge and push Gallen out of the way before he stifles the attacking plays !

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Fittler, Daley & Clyde played a little more than 4 games, and they were deadset freaks.

Give Clearly a bit of time FFS! What value is there in loading him up him up after just making his NRL debut? Had he even played a first grade game prior to Game 1 of this series?

Besides, why poison his play with Gal and Farah calling the shots? The halves will just be a puppets out there again in Game 3 while those two try and steal the show in their swansong.

lol did you even read my post?......I said that Cleary shouldn't be picked.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Getting Moylan back in the side is a good move, he should have been retained from game 2 anyway. He and Maloney were the guys on the field creating the opportunities

It's pretty clear he's a 5/8 and will play there whether starting or off the bench, just watch where he stands in attack for Penrith. Bird doesn't have enough playmaking ability to do much more than weather the opening 20 if he starts there.

tigertiger

Juniors
It's fully geniused that Moylan is back in the side. He's a fullback and an untried half and those positions are his utility value - which let's face it, we already have coverage and rotational options if they get injured during the game.

Moylan is a media darling, and Daley feels obliged to put him back in probably because he got butt-hurt from losing his position. All this talk of Moylan having an inevitable 'long Origin career' is just a cop out to smooth the hurt. He lost his position to a fullback with far better ability. I don't see how one can have a long Origin career when you can not even get a start in your favoured position.

It's just ludicrous we are even thinking of putting him in a position where he has played all but 20 min of a trial game and was completely ineffective. FMD

TheFrog

Coach
It's just ludicrous we are even thinking of putting him in a position where he has played all but 20 min of a trial game and was completely ineffective. FMD

Moylan plays a standoff role in attack every game at Penrith. Still, having dropped him, I would not have picked him as replacement for a half either.

Fibroman

First Grade
Starting Moylan at 5/8th will do one of 2 things. If he plays well, Griffen will have no choice but to start him there in FG or, if he has a shocker, it could spell the end of his rep career.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Starting Moylan at 5/8th will do one of 2 things. If he plays well, Griffen will have no choice but to start him there in FG or, if he has a shocker, it could spell the end of his rep career.

I don't think that is the case. It's not like guys like Daley had great debut's. Given it would be a first game at 5/8th I'm sure he will be given lots of leeway to find his feet. Is a better option than Bird.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Out of all of Loz's brain-fart decisions, Moylan at 5/8 (if he does play there) might yet be a genius move. However a lot of unlikely things will need to happen for him (or bird) to be the long term solution. No one with Loz's required "big game" experience has really been in convincing form to warrant selection (although I've always thought J Reynolds, for all his limitations, was hard done by). And you can tell that Loz just doesn't want to blood a rookie - ie Austin, Townsend. So at least there's some potential excitement to see how Moylan will go.

While I realise you can't get rid of the old guard completely, I don't understand how Jennings has escaped scrutiny. I reckon if you're going to stick with him, chuck him on the wing where he can ball-hog all he wants.

Caped Crusader

Juniors
Jennings, despite his shitness in game 2, has been amongst NSW best in previous series. He probably deserves a chance to get that form back

Playing him on the wing though would be a massive mistake. He'll get out jumped all day

myrrh ken

First Grade
That's all true. Maybe I was a bit harsh but I feel it's been a long time since hes had a great game and he seems to be an auto pick by all us armchair selectors.

tigertiger

Juniors
I don't think that is the case. It's not like guys like Daley had great debut's. Given it would be his first game at 5/8th I'm sure he will be given lots of leeway to find his feet. Is a better option than Bird.

That says it all really.

Unbelievable that it is in an Origin game.

TheFrog

Coach
Daley picked Moylan because he believed he didn't deserve to be dropped. From that it is not hard to infer that selecting Tedesco was not his idea in the first place.

betcats

Referee
Jennings, despite his shitness in game 2, has been amongst NSW best in previous series. He probably deserves a chance to get that form back

Playing him on the wing though would be a massive mistake. He'll get out jumped all day

He has been good for single games in a series but never has he put a whole series of good or great games together imo. Jennings will really put in once every three or four games the rest of the time he is content just getting by.

thorson1987

Coach
Daley picked Moylan because he believed he didn't deserve to be dropped. From that it is not hard to infer that selecting Tedesco was not his idea in the first place.

Yes, it's all a conspiracy.

Considering Bozo had quit before the team was selected, maybe Moylan was a Bozo pick for game 2.

Hutty1986

Immortal
He has been good for single games in a series but never has he put a whole series of good or great games together imo. Jennings will really put in once every three or four games the rest of the time he is content just getting by.

Yep, pretty much. Has scored a few terrific tries at Origin level. You could sum up his entire Origin career like this: A really fast bloke who looked dangerous occasionally when he wasn't slipping over or bombing tries for his winger.

mxlegend99

Referee
We are yet to know if Tedesco is cut out for Origin... he could start out having a shocker and Moylan could be required to replace him and not get a run in the halves at all. Unlikely but a gun club player is not always a successful rep player. Especially in their debut match.

Moylan is yet to be a failure in the halves and is being written off already. It's where he played in the lower grades. The skills that made him a good player who got picked for Origin are skills that are better suited to the halves. All he's doing is the same job minus kick returns and being the last line of defence. Atleast that's all we should hope he is doing. If he tries too play too differently it could backfire. He needs to let Maloney control the game and play second fiddle like he did to Soward.

Defence could be an issue. But I doubt hes any worse than Thurston or Maloney.

Jason Maher

Immortal
The right decision was made. Moylan and Tedesco both in the team is the best possible outcome for the future of NSW. Bloody unfortunate that it came at the expense of an injury to Reynolds. The only change I'd make to the team as it stands is Ferguson out, Bird to centre, Jennings or anyone else with a bit of speed to the wing (e.g. Roberts, Morris), and Cartwright onto the bench. Well that and Farah out for Peats.

Latest posts