What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NEXT BIG SIGNING

I think JD is a pipe dream. To appoint him would be like the board saying they made a huge mistake getting rid of him in the first place, and we all know how good the board is at admitting mistake.

We can't afford Hasler, nothing to do with caps, we just ain't got the money.
Maguire will go back to England.
I'd be surprised if Henry would come.

Guess who we are stuck with, all be it with a "season review" undertaken and some lame excuses thrown about, and don't forget we have already bought some muppet in from England to help out Ole Useless.

Datramp

Juniors
Neil Henry or JD. Henry has proven that he can build a squad and coach it. Obviously also has eye for junior talent.

JD should have never been let go. Hasler has been destructive wherever he has gone and pretty much ruined manly's salary cap (and now the dogs also???!!!).

Madge has also shown he can build a squad and without Russell Crowe there interfering could build the squad he wants and coach it well.

gregstar

Referee
An empty egg carton with its lid torn off would be preferable to jowls.

Hasler might indeed be troublesome. But a kick to the spuds is better than what we've got.

Maxwell

Juniors
I reckon Humphry-B-Bear would be better than Mary at the moment .If he wants to succeed , just go and be himself and stop trying to implement Minibus Price's coaching methods . And Nah I don't really want Des , what's happen to our Pommie assistant coach, when does he come here? And I would be all for Demitriou couldn't be worse than McNugget.

Assuming no coach worth his salt will accept the head coaching position at Saints, perhaps the club should make James Graham captain/coach.

He strikes me as a very smart footballer who would gain the respect of the dressing room. Am hoping he will jolt complacency out of the dressing room. We need a real competitor leading the team. Someone that won't accept mediocrity.

Mary has the job because he is supposedly a good man manager ie a good bloke and probably an excellent painter.

Am sure Graham can't do any worse than Mary.

emack

Juniors
After an extensive search of who is available for 2018, I've come up with a shortlist of 3 qualified candidates who will be a total upgrade over McF^&%wit.2b93402d60e84465a912504e9a4d2c4a.jpg r0_0_4000_2667_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg 1046752658_768.jpg

Brutalitops

Juniors
Whether Hasler is an improvement over Jowls or not, wouldn't that almost completely negate the signing of James Graham (and possibly Michael Lichaa?) His coaching suffocated both of them all year.

Frank Facer

First Grade
When Hasler signed with Canterbury, he was considered by most to be one of the top 3 coaches in the game. I would have loved for us to have signed him around that time. Now I am not so sure? He would have to be an improvement on Mary though.

grouch

First Grade
When Hasler signed with Canterbury, he was considered by most to be one of the top 3 coaches in the game. I would have loved for us to have signed him around that time. Now I am not so sure? He would have to be an improvement on Mary though.
He's made 2 grand finals since then and missed the top 8 just once. Yes, he still is one of the top 3 coaches in the game

TheElephantSeal

Juniors
He's made 2 grand finals since then and missed the top 8 just once. Yes, he still is one of the top 3 coaches in the game
That,s two grand finals more that McGregor will ever get and they beat us twice this year alone. So, would be an upgrade at the very least.

But seriously, does anyone actually expect a change with our coaches.

Gomarchin

Juniors
I think we all need to accept reality: McWreckor is not going anywhere. He survived 2016, which was a nightmare, so why would they sack him now when they re-signed him for 2 years PLUS we finished 9th (and the experts* expected the team to finish bottom 4)?

The club/board/CEO don't care about success. It's all about protecting their jobs and keeping them in FULL control.

*McWreckor's media mates

Gareth67

First Grade
* bump *

Imagine this one came true. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh fk this club

Yea - he was right on the money with this prediction - not only is he not going anybluudywhere he’s staying for good . He will be running the joint after he finally finishes his coaching career., the CEO of the CEO’s of the joint venture .

Old Timer

Coach
The next big signing should be Bernie Gurr.
Has done a 1st class job at the Eels and has guided them out of utter chaos to a team on the up with a 1st class home ground and a vastly improved bottom line.

Latest posts