What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Next coach sacked 2024

yobbo84

Coach
I thought my club handled sacking the coach poorly, sheesh.

I'll take Arthur as Wayne's assistant, no problems. He can bring Blaize Talagi with him too.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I thought my club handled sacking the coach poorly, sheesh.

I'll take Arthur as Wayne's assistant, no problems. He can bring Blaize Talagi with him too.
Yep kept it from the media for 3 weeks and cut the chord in 1 day.

Do the PR blitz today will be out of the news by next week.

As brutal as it was it was professionally done.

Souths drag JD through it for an extra month then it needed to be.

Once the Meninga approach became public should have been all over.

Bazal

Post Whore

I don't really see that it was professionally done, if the stuff floating around is true (and obviously I've taken it with a healthy spoonful of salt)

Decision made in April/Start of May but BA assured to his face that he was fine for a month longer. Players not told and some by SMS? Now the player manager stuff...

Right decision probably, but the way it went down honestly smacks of a panic move to try and get Creeping Death to reconsider. Which I'm glad hasn't happened, but it won't make the players happy. BA was very popular there.

eels4life87

Juniors

Professionally done my ass

eels4life87

Juniors
24 hours on with some time for reflection the eels boards completely unprofessional knifing in the back of Brad Arthur after all he’s done for the club has really upset me. There’s wanting the club to go in a different direction and then there’s what this board did. Telling BA to his face that his job was safe and secure while secretly deciding behind closed doors that his job was done. The text message revealed today that was sent by Brad yesterday morning saying “I’m all good mate. I’ve been here before, we will dig our way out like we have done in this past” says it all. He NEVER saw this coming. The treatment by the board and CEO has been disgusting and totally unprofessional. Almost wish I could get a refund back for membership. And the fact that they want to put Trent Barrett in as head coach is laughable when he’s the biggest part of the problem. The eels made the grand final in 2022 and Barrett wasn’t signed until August of 2022 for the 2023 season and beyond. Lo and behold under Trent Barrett as assistant coach the form has gone in a downwards trajectory. If anyone should have been sacked it should have been Trent Barrett. Unless you genuinely want to tell me it’s just a coincidence that the team form slump started once he came on board. The entire situation is laughable and I’ve never been more disappointed in the club.

This Year?

Immortal
I'm already looking forward to the many upcoming bald cap photoshops on Trent. Will Zac be at the party tonight?
Will Wayne text BA?
When will BA be a guest on the Matty Johns show?

skeepe

Immortal
Why would they just put out there that they wanted Bennett, telling every other coach that they now interview that they were the second choice? I don't understand what Parra are doing here.

eels4life87

Juniors
Why would they just put out there that they wanted Bennett, telling every other coach that they now interview that they were the second choice? I don't understand what Parra are doing here.
I don’t think even they understand what they’re doing