What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nic Maddinson

Timbo

Staff member
Ferguson got a chance as a older player when he didn't deserve shit. He was treated fine

Are you honestly telling me that's a genuine assessment of Fergusons ability as a batsman?

Our biggest f**king issue is, was and always has been that there are two kinds of blokes who get picked for Australia:

1-Annointed ones who are undroppable.
2-Blokes who are one bad game away from oblivion.

Leigh Howlett

Juniors
Hope it all goes well for Nic, it's disappointing to know that there is no support team for the players that are dropped, It seems that CA don't care about a players welfare or mental state when it doesn't work out, it's pretty shameful actually as just as much as they pump you up they going missing when it all goes wrong.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Cricket is his job.

Where does it actually say he was depressed because he got dropped ?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Left-hander named in NSW's Futures League side and is available for selection for their next Sheffield Shield match

Ex-Test batsman Nic Maddinson will make his return to cricket next week after today being named in NSW's Futures League team to face Western Australia from Monday.

Maddinson, who lost his spot in Australia's Test side following the second Commonwealth Bank Test against Pakistan, will travel to Perth to play in the Blues' match at Lilac Hill in his first game back after taking time away from the game.

The left-hander is available for NSW's next Sheffield Shield match against Tasmania in Wollongong on February 25.

http://www.cricket.com.au/news/nic-...effield-shield-australia-test-team/2017-02-17

JJ

Immortal
Are personal reasons a euphemism for "mental health issues"??? If so then perhaps that's part of the problem, if not then there could be many "personal reasons" that mean he's not wanting to play...

JJ

Immortal
I dont think any one, even CA, can really do much when a players missus leaves him a week before a test.
Nope - that's not a good way to start the career

Way to miss the point twizzle and BHF - but then expectations are low - and if the hatter is correct that is indeed "personal reasons" not necessarily a mental health issue, often just a normal reaction to traumatic event... you should both associate - bit like being a Parramatta, Spurs, or Robbie Farah fan I guess

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
haha, never cease to amaze with the keyboard dribble you come up with

This is about a week old now, he didn't play in the game against the Vics last week for personal reasons.

Could be anything but I sure hope he is OK.

only took you nearly 3 weeks to catch on to what most others thought, but apparently thats because of what teams we all support

the gift that keep on giving

Fangs

Coach
Caught the captaincy for the Stars tonight. Got that century for VIC before he broke his arm. Things looking on the up.

Last time I saw Maddinson was at a state game letting kids down by not signing autographs. During and after the game.