What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nine & fox say screw you to eels fans

the draw for the last six weeks of the competition have been released and guess when our last EVER home game at pirtek (before it's rebuilt) in round 25 vs dragons has been scheduled? MONDAY NIGHT

if it was on sunday afternoon or even sunday night for that matter the club could have put on a family day and got a big crowd out there to farewell the stadium but it might not have rated as well as other games so they take the dollar and we get the shaft it's hindys last home game all over again

actually in round 26 we play the warriors in nz on sunday afternoon so maybe the club could open up the ground, show the game on the big screen and give tours inside the sheds

that was a great decision as an extra 25,000 got into the ground.

i had no issue with them moving the game but it was announced at the last minute a few days beforehand so the club didn't get a chance to celebrate hindy's last home game at parra

actually in round 26 we play the warriors in nz on sunday afternoon so maybe the club could open up the ground, show the game on the big screen and give tours inside the sheds

Doubt that will happen.
If the club has and any balls, which I doubt at present, they will put a request to the NRL to have this game moved, fox sports would have to agree as well as Monday night is thier choice of match.
So before everyone blames the NRL fox sports gets to pick the Monday night game.

emjaycee

Coach
Doubt that will happen.
If the club has and any balls, which I doubt at present, they will put a request to the NRL to have this game moved, fox sports would have to agree as well as Monday night is thier choice of match.
So before everyone blames the NRL fox sports gets to pick the Monday night game.

i am sure our current management can find someone to sue for this.

Eelogical

Referee
If I remember correctly our first game at the stadium back in 1986 was against the Dragons as well.

Kornstar

Coach
Who cares? It's just a stadium......surely we can find more important things to worry about?

Dibs

Bench
Who cares? It's just a stadium......surely we can find more important things to worry about?

Yep and to be fair to the networks monday night seems the right spot for a dragons eels game considering watching the dragons is like watching paint dry and our season will likely be over before then

Last edited:

phantom eel

First Grade
I think you're forgetting about our week 1 home semi final at Parra Stadium, after we finish in the top 4... :sarcasm:

oldmancraigy

Coach
i had no issue with them moving the game but it was announced at the last minute a few days beforehand so the club didn't get a chance to celebrate hindy's last home game at parra

No, they announced it earlier, then pissants like phantombart complained so they went back, then finally moved it again last second due to common sense.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Yeah. I blame phantom as well. It is all his fault.

Pretty sure he had something to do with Brexit as well the sneaky merkin.