What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nine & fox say screw you to eels fans

Gronk

Staff member
ICYMI the Dogs have no Sunday games for the balance of the draw.

Des sends his thanks to Toddy.

<Nothing to see here ...>

hineyrulz

Post Whore
ICYMI the Dogs have no Sunday games for the balance of the draw.

Des sends his thanks to Toddy.

<Nothing to see here ...>
I would have liked to have been as certain of winning the Lotto as the dogs having no Sunday games the last 6 rounds :eek:

eels_fan

First Grade
Parra don't play home finals at Parra. We would be at ANZ for all of them.

Since when? Qualifying finals (week 1) are played at home. Semi's & Prelims must be played at major stadiums (ANZ/Allianz)

If we finish 1/2/5/6 we would be playing at Pirtek in week 1

Maybe you should watch this. It's the argument for leaving the EU, which by the way was set up on the Soviet Union model. Maybe that should be a clue for where it was heading till yesterdays death blow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYqzcqDtL3k

Mate, I've lived in the UK for a substantial period of time. And I absolutely accept that a lot of EU decision making is a joke, and that as the EU has expanded eastwards a lot of undesirables have gained unfettered access to a lot of countries.. And that there are a number of aspects of membership that, if considered alone, are not good. But the benefits of membership are less obvious to the average Joe (and that's not belittling the average Joe). But as I said, it's their decision..they've made it....if they complain about the consequences....well...tough titties.

While we're on the 'they're picking on us again' theme.....it's probably worthwhile noting that teams like the Raiders, who are more likely than us to have a shot at being in the 8, have no Fri/Sat night games for the last 6 weeks.

They choose what they think will rate. If they get it wrong, it's to their own detriment.

Gronk

Staff member
Meanwhile Eels vs Manly is Ch9/Fox Rnd 22 Friday night match.

#cellardwellers

Sharks have been dudded too.
Looks like the NRL are making sure the Broncos, Cowboys and storm are there a bouts come grand final day.

Kornstar

Coach
While we're on the 'they're picking on us again' theme.....it's probably worthwhile noting that teams like the Raiders, who are more likely than us to have a shot at being in the 8, have no Fri/Sat night games for the last 6 weeks.

They choose what they think will rate. If they get it wrong, it's to their own detriment.

I seem to be in the minority by not giving a shit when we play, ever.

If it is a game in Sydney, I'll be there and I have Foxtel so if it's a game anywhere else I'll watch it live.

People want a shit load of money in the game but they also want to whinge incessantly that a team that rates terribly aren't put on free to air because channel are paying for there to be shit loads of money in the game........

TheRam

Coach
Mate, I've lived in the UK for a substantial period of time. And I absolutely accept that a lot of EU decision making is a joke, and that as the EU has expanded eastwards a lot of undesirables have gained unfettered access to a lot of countries.. And that there are a number of aspects of membership that, if considered alone, are not good. But the benefits of membership are less obvious to the average Joe (and that's not belittling the average Joe). But as I said, it's their decision..they've made it....if they complain about the consequences....well...tough titties.

How about over 75% of all political decisions being made by 28 faceless and unelected bureaucrats. Hows that for starters.

How about over 75% of all political decisions being made by 28 faceless and unelected bureaucrats. Hows that for starters.

I don't really know what 75% of all political decisions means, but sure......whatever. The EU is an extreme example of the 'tragedy of the commons'....but.....

How does that nullify the massive benefits associated with having free access to a market of hundreds of millions of people? The Scots must be really happy at the moment.

Chipmunk

Coach

Being part of the EU and opening up the EU to Eastern Europeans has certainly affected wages, particularly in trades and the lower end jobs. The Eastern Europeans will work for next to nothing and wages growth has virtually been non-existent in a decade in the UK.

Being part of the EU and opening up the EU to Eastern Europeans has certainly affected wages, particularly in trades and the lower end jobs. The Eastern Europeans will work for next to nothing and wages growth has virtually been non-existent in a decade in the UK.

Yeh, that's one of a multitude of factors affecting wages growth in the UK (the financial crisis and resulting zero interest rates etc had quite an impact too). The other distinguishing feature of the Polish tradies, is that they typically turn up and do the job asked. In my opinion, the Polish migration has been pretty good for the UK (thought they did steal many of the young Aussies bar jobs). The migration from Romania and other the SE European states has been very much the opposite, and would probably have got worse.

Latest posts