What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No construction in January at OKI Jubilee Stadium

R2K

Bench
31 January, 2008

An inspection of OKI Jubilee Stadium this evening has confirmed that no work has commenced on the Stage 3 upgrade of Kogarah.

In the December Red V magazine, St.George-Illawarra CEO Peter Doust stated that work would commence in January 2008.

“Work will start in January 2008 on OKI Jubilee Stadium regardless of whether any additional funding is approved,” Mr.Doust said.

Mr.Doust also provided Kogarah Council with the same information prior to the 12 November Council meeting.

“The information that I would like to present you involves a meeting that I did have with Peter Doust and two of our Council Directors,” Mayor Katris stated.

“Now the Club intends on beginning Stage 3 in January 2008….well that’s what we’ve been told that they will be starting work in January 2008.”

The additional delay in the upgrade of OKI Jubilee Stadium is consistent with how Stage 3 has been managed by St.George-Illawarra RLFC.

R2K previously highlighted that the upgrade could have been delayed to July 2008, so that the Kogarah matches could have been scheduled in a similar manner to 2007.

This would have allowed the Dragons extra time to garner additional Governmental funding and ensured that the St.George District hosted elite rugby league matches in 2008.

However, with the Dragons committed to ANZ Stadium for 2008, it is disappointing that work hasn’t commenced on OKI Jubilee Stadium in January to ensure the upgrade is expedited.

Mr.Doust made an assurance that work would commence in January 2008 and Mayor Katris informed Kogarah ratepayers of this assurance.

Photos available here:

http://www.r2k.info/news/january2008delay.html

So predictable.

A month after we'd played our last game there I drove past Kogarah and stopped to have a look. Not even a hint of construction and I thought to myself "this is being drawn out on purpose, we wont be playing here next year."

Later after the fan uproar due to the fact that Kogarah had been written off for the season yet still no construction was planned they put out a press release saying it will begin in January with or without the extra funding (totally contradicting the reason they said construction did not take place immediately after Jubilee's last match in 07) and I once again I thought this is rubbish, no construction will begin in Jan.

Is there any club board that lies to its fans in the same manner as St George has over the last 10 years? I cant think of a precedent, it's sickening.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
A very sad sign of the leadership qualities our club is exhibiting.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
It became a bad joke some time ago. Maybe the club is hoping that no one will notice.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Move them to WIN, call them the Steelers and let the rest of us get on with our lives...

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors
_Johnsy said:
How can this clown still be running the show is truly beyond me.

You mean this clown

RonaldMcDonald.jpg

Swap Doust for Bennett LOL field that to the Broncos board

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

was this guy in control when the merger happened?

i would be seriously doubting his alliegences if i were a dragons fan.

he could be a mole planted by another club to take you down from the inside (wasnt us. we aint that bright)

but the bulldogs are a crafty bunch....

gregstar

Referee
of course there's no work - there wont be.

it was always about the dollars thrown around by the stadium - especially given the pokie tax sh*t.

what's the bet there'll be either two scenarios;

1) never return

2) return every 5 years for a season or two.

driving home from work on tuesday was the first day i saw the construction fences up, though i haven't seen any trucks or anything maybe the rain has delayed progress :?

i hope you are wrong gregstar, kogarah oval is a nice little ground i like going down there to watch neutral games would be a shame if you guys never play there again

Southernsaint

Staff member
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
driving home from work on tuesday was the first day i saw the construction fences up, though i haven't seen any trucks or anything maybe the rain has delayed progress :?

i hope you are wrong gregstar, kogarah oval is a nice little ground i like going down there to watch neutral games would be a shame if you guys never play there again

They're the best construction fences in the League and don't you f**king forget it!!

Latest posts