What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Northies last night

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Well sometimes you get drawn into the dynamics of the Sharks current plight by just what you read in the papers & what you see here.
Last night at Northies I got a feel for what the Shire thinks & I can tell you, the shire is not happy with Mr Anderson orthe Sharks.
I was next to a table of blokes who I reckon, had Anderson walked in, they would have had killed him. & I am not over exaggerating.
I spoke to friends of Longys, ET's, Marty's, had a good chat to whole bunch of Sharks supporters & people I haven't met before.
Some of the stories of the shafting that has been done, I just can't believe.
It was just good to see that I'm not on my pat malone in my thinking but rather, I seemed to fit right in. Haven't felt like that for a long time around Sharks topics. I could not get a word in. Some actually thought I liked Ando!!!!
Now I know that my sample is bias, but I was sure I was on piss heads hill during the game with some of the calls that were going on for presto & Marty.
On priddiss's try you would have sworne that the Sharks just won their first premiership by the unbridled jubilation.
But the icing was Prestos kick from the sideline. The joint went crazy & then the anti anderson chants took off.
Andos a FW etc . etc.

BTW I didn't think I could ever get that pizzed by 10pm

Scotty

Juniors
There's a reason they signed Ando for 3 years, to build up to something. Wait till this time next year and then bag him out.

Sharkie73

Bench
Ah Reefy just the mention of Northies has brought back great memories.
And your right if you want to get the feelings of sharkie supporters then thats the place, Many a night was spent there after home games where everything was anylised. And I was cheering for presto at work also and thinking Ando you Idiot you pushed him out.
Scotty why wait till next year I really don't think much will change unfortuantly.

Jimbo

Immortal
blacktip-Wilson said:
Last night at Northies I got a feel for what the Shire thinks & I can tell you, the shire is not happy with Mr Anderson orthe Sharks.
I was next to a table of blokes who I reckon, had Anderson walked in, they would have had killed him. & I am not over exaggerating.
I spoke to friends of Longys, ET's, Marty's, had a good chat to whole bunch of Sharks supporters & people I haven't met before.

Longy and Marty's mates dn't like Ando? Wow, there's a scoop...

:roll:

Foz

Bench
Gee BTR were you at Northies or my house last night. Sounds like we were all cheering the same things. One of my mates who said he was going for the Roosters was cheering madly for the Panthers. It was pretty one sided here but my mate kept wanting to have a go about Lang leaving Cronulla. Personally I was happy for Lang but think he and Cronulla made the right decision in him going. Why is it some people cant see that?
As for Ando he wouldnt win a popularity contest around here but whilst he is in charge I'm willing to back him. I'm afraid I think the writings on the wall (mainly because a growing number of the board appear divided and thats not good for the club). It doesnt mean Ando cant coach-because he can but I'm afraid some people just dont show any loyalty.
Maybe the kangaroo tour can settle a few things down but who really knows?

Blacktip, glad to hear you got in. I walked off after waiting in line for 80 minutes. Was wearing my Sharks shirt with pride, wish I'd gotten in. Oh well not to worry.

I watched the replay down there today and everyone was going for the Panthers again today too.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
missbelinda77 said:
Should have known BTR that you would be a patron of an establishment like Northies.

& what does that mean?
Are you new to the shire or just committed to the church?

blacktip-reefy said:
missbelinda77 said:
Should have known BTR that you would be a patron of an establishment like Northies.

& what does that mean?
Are you new to the shire or just committed to the church?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, where do you go? The Royal? Hunters? Engadine Bowling Club?

shadowboxer

First Grade
dont get me started about Heathcote pub - you can still get a great old schooner of "Brewers" out there

shadowboxer said:
dont get me started about Heathcote pub - you can still get a great old schooner of "Brewers" out there

HAHAHA I went there once for a Tszyu fight. Couldnt believe the place, it was like another world. They had everything, from an outdoor BBQ to kids playing ping pong. Oh and the obligatory tossers from Engadine and Heathcote High.

It was like some bizarre holiday house down Nowra way or something. I've heard rumours that they have topless waitresses serving beer one night a week or something. Anyone know anything about that?

shadowboxer

First Grade
i heard a rumour that the topless bar maids were actually male.

Tell me you heard the story about the bloke who scaled the telegraph pole to try and fly the rescue helicopter they had mounted out the front of the joint for about 2 years...

The Popper

Bench
How come you picked my local.
Struth, blokes half full of ink and talking about losing. What do you expect?

dimitri

First Grade
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha

NORTHIES

shire name
shire club
pure crap

If you hated the Shire as much as you pretend to, you'd stay out of it.

Take me for example
I hate the St George area. Have NEVER been out there. Will never go out there.

You claim to hate the Shire. Youre out in the Shire ALL THE BLOODY TIME.

Love it or leave it. Or better just dont enter it.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I think you are right SS.
I could have sworne Dimitri was there last night as there were piles of black hair all over the Dunny floors last night. Big globs of hair everywhere!!!
I thought Dimitri has been in here brushing whats left on his scalp again.
But now I know, it was just the new carpet at Northies letting some fluff go.