What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not sold on the Roosters yet...

Bulldog Force

Referee
From the outset, this isn't a hate thread, I'm just giving my 2 cents.

I don't think the Roosters will win it this year. Why? Because they've lost to the 2 teams who are their biggest threats, the Storm and Rabbitohs.

Last year, the Storm had a bit of a form slump in the middle of the year and still took out the title. The same thing seems to be happening this year, however with Origin now over and the Storm fresh after the bye, they could be getting back into gear for the run home.

Souths don't have GI, and while it is a blow and was a factor to lose on Monday night, he will be back for the finals.

There is a good chance the Roosters will take out the Minor Premiership, but I'm still not convinced they can win the GF (if they even make it that far).

Manly are also a threat as always, and if they meet in the quarter or prelim finals, they will not be an easy beat!

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...rship-favourites/story-fni3gn3s-1226683972115

That's all fair points but I don't think the overwhelming majority have said the roosters are certainties. We're in the best form out of the 4 ATM but I think Roosters fans are humble enough to know that form can swing very easily. It's still anyone's premiership to win (okay not Parramatta's)

Fire

First Grade
Roosters are the real deal and I'm sold on them. I'm just worried they may be peaking too early. Still, they're in a good position which is more than I can say for Saints.

I agree Manly and Bulldogs are timing their runs well (and perhaps Newcastle and Melbourne, too).

Freddy's Girl

Juniors
We have come a long way since Round 1 and secondly we were without both our starting props against Melbourne. Its been well written that we have conceded more points with JWH out compared to the rest where he has played. We don't need to mention the billy slater knock on not being called in that crucial moment.

BranVan3000

Coach
Roosters have looked good against top sides though, beating Manly twice

Storm is still the worry, there is no guarantee that either Roosters or Rabbitohs can beat them

carcharias

Immortal
lets be realistic here.
They beat a sharks team missing 8 players.

One bad injury to either pearce or Maloney in a sudden death game and they'd be screwed like most other teams in the comp.

Like Souths with Reynolds last year.

timka4

Bench
Storm is still the worry, there is no guarantee that either Roosters or Rabbitohs can beat them

This. Anyone who meets the storm down in melbourne will most likely lose (bar Raiders lol). Rabbitohs with Inglis could beat them though imo.

Much like origin for NSW, a lot of the roosters success in the finals will rely on if Pearce can stand up.

Diesel

Referee
They are a good side and deserve to be in the top 4, however come finals time, it'll be interesting to see if the halves can step up (which they should) and if SKD is in the side, doesn't drop the ball all the time.

If they can get over either Melbourne or Manly they will be in the GF

yobbo84

First Grade
Until the Roosters or Souths defeat Melbourne neither should be claiming premiership favouritism.

GONZO72

Juniors
What a stupid, thoughtless and immature comment. The roosters played Souths in round one and were not ready. U highlight there losses, what about the pathetic dogs. Ur team were humiliated twice by the roosters 38-0 and with half their team out 20-18. U r jealous because the dogs r in turmoil and have been destroyed by the top 4 teams this year. If the roosters played Souths next week they'd hammer them. That won't change come sept. Canterbury are a disgrace, and must be punished

Von

Juniors
Like most Roosters fans, I am delighted with the season.

At the start of the season I thought we'd do well, not just because of the new signings, but more importantly the coach. He is a very mature, impressive coach who has the players playing for him. He could well become a Bellamy or Hasler in time.
I thought top 4 was a possibility, but didn't dream of a minor premiership.
(I did toy with the idea of backing the Chooks for the premiership at 17/1....kicking myself now).

This comp is a marathon...normally there are a number of favourites throughout the season. This year is no different. Storm seem to always time their run well. The next month will tell us a lot about Melbourne. And many of us thought Manly would be too old, but they are timing their run well too. You can’t beat experience! Storm & Manly have the most finals experience of the top 4 sides.

For mine though, Souths are still favourites. From FB to Front Row to Bench, they are well covered, with an equally good young coach. BUT, they have the added element of a thing called PRESSURE.

As for the other teams, I can’t see anyone from outside the top 4 winning the comp. Finishing 5th to 8th requires a team to win 4 in a row…simply too hard in this comp.

rabbitohs95

Bench
The only thing that I doubt with them is how they shape up in finals matches with pressure, i believe SBW is going to be in form but the halves concern me.

Probably the only advantage Souths have over them is that as a team they have experienced finals, but a good crop of the Roosters have played in finals as well. We'll just have to see.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Roosters have whats required this year - grit. They are also the most consistent team week to week. Souths rely on individual plays to get them home, Melbourne have the best players in key positions, Manly rely heavily on Snake and have no depth.

The Roosters have won games against Top 8 opposition over the Origing period with players missing. Their defence is awesome. They have more firepower across the park than any other team, from anywhere on the field.

They're my pick for sure. Could be the start of something big for Easts.

GONZO72

Juniors
This should b the odds for the premiership
$1.85 ROOSTERS
$4.00 MANLY
$4.75 STORM
$21- CANBERRA
$26- WARRIORS
$30-SOUTHS
$51-CRONULLA
$66- CANTERBURY

Bulldog Force

Referee
What a stupid, thoughtless and immature comment. The roosters played Souths in round one and were not ready. U highlight there losses, what about the pathetic dogs. Ur team were humiliated twice by the roosters 38-0 and with half their team out 20-18. U r jealous because the dogs r in turmoil and have been destroyed by the top 4 teams this year. If the roosters played Souths next week they'd hammer them. That won't change come sept. Canterbury are a disgrace, and must be punished
...and the flaming begins!

1. I specifically said that this is NOT a hate thread
  2. I never mentioned Canterbury anywhere, neither did anyone else in this thread
  3. Blind Freddy (excuse the pun) can tell you the Bulldogs won't win the Premiership this year, and I haven't even tried to deny that
  4. We were destroyed by all top 4 teams.... does that include beating Manly in Golden point, and losing to Souths and Melbourne by fewer than 6 points, and beating Melbourne 2nd time round 39-0, and losing to the Roosters 2nd time round by 2?
  5. Most people here have either agreed with what I said or an aspect of it, and that includes Roosters fans

BranVan3000

Coach
Roosters have whats required this year - grit. They are also the most consistent team week to week. Souths rely on individual plays to get them home, Melbourne have the best players in key positions, Manly rely heavily on Snake and have no depth.

The Roosters have won games against Top 8 opposition over the Origing period with players missing. Their defence is awesome. They have more firepower across the park than any other team, from anywhere on the field.

They're my pick for sure. Could be the start of something big for Easts.

Since when?

Von

Juniors
This should b the odds for the premiership
$1.85 ROOSTERS
$4.00 MANLY
$4.75 STORM
$21- CANBERRA
$26- WARRIORS
$30-SOUTHS
$51-CRONULLA
$66- CANTERBURY

Gonzo, will you take my bet of $1,000 on Souths at 30/1???

:):):)