What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL 2017 TV RATINGS!

Stallion

First Grade
complete coincidence
it has zero to do with it.

Another 'wise' comment? Yet i know of people including myself whom are frustrated with the time consuming process. We would rather see human error and blame the ref. Its something the fan does and the karma does come back to the ripped off team down the track. The time wasting process is the main issue with the bunker. These are viewing criticisms which should be noted as the games ratings coincidentally decline!

colly

Juniors
Another 'wise' comment? Yet i know of people including myself whom are frustrated with the time consuming process. We would rather see human error and blame the ref. Its something the fan does and the karma does come back to the ripped off team down the track. The time wasting process is the main issue with the bunker. These are viewing criticisms which should be noted as the games ratings coincidentally decline!

But remember the old video ref....one word f**kED .. Now if you talking about that... Bunker has been OK with me, many decisions quick and correct ...Why TV ratings are what they are.... Not enough 'weighting' given too QLD and NSW, especially regionals.

Last edited:

Stallion

First Grade
But remember the old video ref....one world f**kED .. Now if you talking about that... Bunker has been OK with me, many decision quick and correct ...Why TV ratings are what they are.... Not enough 'weighting' given too QLD and NSW, especially regionals.

Same thing. Leave it to the on field officials. They still cop the flack anyway and the fan copes alot better with it as human error is forgivable but video decision incompetence is not.

Last edited:

colly

Juniors

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Media reform
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...k=24fb9952676d0c928bf279782ede6a88-1505338955
or/another link
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-polit...mergers-and-acquisitions-20170913-gygx0v.html

My position is the media system needs a kick in the balls, best way to get the regional into the ratings process is by consolidation of the 5City and Regional TV networks. Hopefully Nine will merge with Southern Cross (they already co-carry their broadcast) and put some heat on those afl f**kers.

I dont mind the media reforms, but i f*cking hope CBS can withstand the Murdochs and hang onto 10...

colly

Juniors
Media laws passed senate.
http://www.smh.com.au/business/medi...s-ownership-bill-beckons-20170914-gyhe8j.html

Scrapping the two-out-of-three and reach rules mean regional and metropolitan television networks, such as Seven and Prime,( Nine and Southern Cross) could merge, or newspaper giants News Corp or Fairfax Media could do a deal with a commercial television broadcaster. SMH
A different and better weighted rating process will show the real strength of NRL.

Stallion

First Grade
The real strength of the NRL is the actual game itself. This game and its positive effects on people whom play the game are not being sold well to particularly Mums. The increased confidence gained from playing rugby league is like no other but sadly the development people are not selling this great trait to the parents anywhere near well enough. They may state 'Greatest game of all!' But dont state why !

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Bunker is ten times better than the old video ref system. Sadly it has taken away for the entertainment of the game in an attempt to improve the fairness of the game.

NRL needs to quickly realise it is ultimately an entertainment and give fans what they want before we all give up on it.

Billythekid

First Grade
Media laws passed senate.
http://www.smh.com.au/business/medi...s-ownership-bill-beckons-20170914-gyhe8j.html

Scrapping the two-out-of-three and reach rules mean regional and metropolitan television networks, such as Seven and Prime,( Nine and Southern Cross) could merge, or newspaper giants News Corp or Fairfax Media could do a deal with a commercial television broadcaster. SMH
A different and better weighted rating process will show the real strength of NRL.

I feel I've been reading people hoping for this to happen for over a decade. It would be great for ratings to finally all be combined and for regional ratings to finally be taken seriously like they deserve. It's bullshit that places like Newcastle are counted as regional anyway

Still I'll believe it when I see it. I'm not connived it will actually happen.

Heritage XIII

Juniors
Seriously, looking at the TV ratings esp FA, the Melbourne market carries AFL. Also shows more AFL fans watch a match regardless if its their team or not than Sydney NRL fans watch other teams, other than their own, play. Again, those dodgy regionals are at play again.

T-Boon

Coach
This game and its positive effects on people whom play the game are not being sold well to particularly Mums.

The players and the coaches are the worst in this area because when mothers hear NRL players and coaches talk it only increases their concern that their children might get brain damage from playing rugby league. The players and coaches sound brain damaged. It is important that we try to fix this culture of talking dumb in rugby league. In my opinion it is more important than trying to fix players off field behaviour since everyone in the real world understands that getting into a bit of trouble as a kid is pretty normal.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Seriously, looking at the TV ratings esp FA, the Melbourne market carries AFL. Also shows more AFL fans watch a match regardless if its their team or not than Sydney NRL fans watch other teams, other than their own, play. Again, those dodgy regionals are at play again.
i've posted this before but Melbourne ratings for all shows in the top 20 are higher every night

some shows are only being kept alive because of Melbourne ratings

it seems to me that the ratings are not quite right when you look at last night and every show except one was higher in Melbourne than Sydney http://tvtonight.com.au/2017/09/friday-15-september-2017.html

7 and 9 news massively up over Sydney

ABC news the same

Heritage XIII

Juniors
Mediaweek

:heavy_check_mark:@MediaweekAUS

SatTV #NRLRoostersCowboys 9/Gem 1.256m M: 713k (Syd 367k Mel 45k Bri 266k Ade 15k Per 20k) Reg: 543k (Q 232k NSW 180/106k V 12k T 6k WA 7k)
Those regional ratings have improved out of sight. I think the difference we see in the AFL ratings is that they will watch teams that don't involve theirs, in greater numbers, esp the Melbourne market. NRL fans are proving more parochial.

Stallion

First Grade
Those regional ratings have improved out of sight. I think the difference we see in the AFL ratings is that they will watch teams that don't involve theirs, in greater numbers, esp the Melbourne market. NRL fans are proving more parochial.

The AFL have been doing immense development work in regional and city areas for decades now. The fruits are now showing.