What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Mafia (Game Thread)

Misanthrope

Staff member
This is the game thread for the NRL Mafia game. Here are a few guidelines.

1. If you don't have a basic understanding of the rules, I recommend you go here and have a quick read.

In its simplest form, Mafia consists of two sides: the Mafia, and the Town. The Mafia's goal is to kill the innocents, while the Town's goal is to kill the Mafia.

At the beginning of the game, the Moderator will secretly send everyone their role. The Mafia will know each other, while (in the basic game) everyone else will only know their own role.

The game has two phases, the first of which is Day. During Day, the Town must choose someone to Lynch; they are trying to eliminate the Mafia, but the Mafia can lead them astray by casting suspicion elsewhere. Generally, players will vote for someone they think is Mafia (the Mafia will vote so that they seem to be doing this as well, and might even vote for each other to confuse the Town); when a player gets a majority of the votes, they are lynched. Their role is revealed by the Moderator, and it becomes Night.

During the Night, the thread is locked and no one can talk publicly. The Mafia, however, can speak to each other privately to plot strategy and decide who to murder before the next Day begins. In this way, they can silence members of the Town who are threats to them. At the end of the Night, the murder is carried out and another Day begins. In effect, the Town gets to kill someone, and then the Mafia gets to kill someone.
The game alternates between Day and Night until either the Mafia are eliminated, or the Mafia have killed everyone else (or nothing can prevent the same).

To see this another way, you may find this Flash introduction to Mafia by mikeburnfire helpful.
2. DO NOT share your role name or alignment in this thread.

3. DO NOT edit posts. Editing a post is an immediate kill. If you make a mistake, post a new reply.

4. DO NOT post in this thread once you have been killed.

5. When voting in a lynch, please use bold as below:

Vote: Misanthrope or No Vote or Change Vote: Misanthrope's Mother

6. If your role PM mentions 'night', it means you PM me your action (if any). Day actions typically are posted in this thread.
-----------

I am PMing roles out now. DO NOT SHARE THESE with anybody unless you're informed you are mafia.

ALIVE

11. Dogslife
14. sensesmaybenumbed
16. thorson1987

DEAD

1. Didgi. Wally Lewis, NRL Aligned King of Football
2. Cliffhanger. Daniel Anderson, NRL Aligned Referee's Boss
3. BDR. Sonny Bill Williams. AFL-ARU Aligned Traitor
4. Scott Gourley's Love Child. Rebecca Wilson, Independently Aligned Sports 'Journalist'.
5. BunniesMan. Luke Covell, NRL Aligned Cult Hero.
6. Hallatia. Matthew Johns, NRL Aligned Schizophrenic Entertainer.
7. Jason Maher. Aku Uate, NRL Aligned Speed Freak
8. whall15. Tommy Raudonakis, NRL Aligned Grizzled Veteran
9. WOTBEH. Billy Slater, NRL Aligned Freak
10. Adamkungl. Eddie McGuire, AFL-ARU Aligned CEO & Kingpin
12. Butchmcdick. John O'Neill, ARU-AFL Aligned Henchman
13. Parra. Craig Foster, Cult of soccer Aligned Pseudo Journalist
15. Earl. Russell Crowe, NRL Aligned Movie Star/Owner
17. 9701. Sam Thaiday, NRL Aligned Coward
18. Rebel. Gus Gould, NRL Aligned Super Coach
19. Gas Panic!. Hazem El Masri, NRL Aligned Ambassador
20. DWally. Ray ‘Rabs’ Warren, NRL Aligned Professional Gasket Blower.
21. socc123_au is dead. He was Karmichael Hunt, AFL-ARU Aligned Turncoat.
22. Joshie. Paul Gallen, NRL Aligned Enforcer
23. DB. David Middleton, NRL Aligned Statistician.
24. raider_69, John Ribot, News Limited Aligned Evil Genius.
25. Misanthrope. Wayne Bennett, NRL Aligned Coaching Legend
-----------

Wayne Bennett Murdered!

Josh Massoud
The Daily Telegraph
January 04, 2013 4:09pm

The NRL world is in a state of mourning this afternoon following the shocking news that Newcastle Knights and former Brisbane Broncos & St George/Illawarra Dragons coach, Wayne Bennett has been killed.

While police have yet to make a formal comment as to the exact circumstances of Mr. Bennett's death, it is believed that foul play is suspected.

With the season set to commence informally with pre-season trials in the near future, the news has no doubt stunned Newcastle Knights and NRL officials alike. Mr. Bennett, beloved by many and lauded as the best coach in the game, was 62 years of age.

Misanthrope is dead. He was Wayne Bennett, NRL Aligned Coaching Legend.

-------------

It is now DAY. With 23 players remaining, it is 12 to lynch. You can also choose not to vote - in which case just post 'No Vote'. Discussion in the thread is fine. You have until 7pm on Sunday, January 6th or else the lynch will be voided.

Last edited:

Hallatia

Referee
just clarifying, does the current day phase last until 7pm Sunday? (And that's 7pm AEDST, right? Not China time)

Misanthrope

Staff member
The current day phase lasts until 7pm AEDST on Sunday. If we reach a majority of 12 or more before then, the day phase will end then.

Who would want to murder Wayne Bennett?

I'll tell you who, Roosters fans. Upset about missing out on the great man's services to the Dragons, watching him take that side to the 2010 premiership against their own team, then having to watch him drive up the F3 to the Knights has been eating at them to the point of insanity. And unlike their well-behaved and tireless community ambassador neighbours in Moore Park, the Sydney Swans, the Roosters and their fans would think nothing of killing the supercoach. After all, it is cheaper than their recent attempts at buying a premiership.

As such, these horrid, disgusting, dispicable persons should be singled out for the evil beings they are. If anyone had any love or respect for the great Wayne Bennett, they would do well to single out and cast their doubts on lowlives such as adamkungl and Cliffhanger. May these people rot for their crimes!

BDR

First Grade
Word is he died at a Mensa meeting. He was KOed in one punch. Police constables arrived instantly.

Hallatia

Referee
Who would want to murder Wayne Bennett?

I'll tell you who, Roosters fans. Upset about missing out on the great man's services to the Dragons, watching him take that side to the 2010 premiership against their own team, then having to watch him drive up the F3 to the Knights has been eating at them to the point of insanity. And unlike their well-behaved and tireless community ambassador neighbours in Moore Park, the Sydney Swans, the Roosters and their fans would think nothing of killing the supercoach. After all, it is cheaper than their recent attempts at buying a premiership.

As such, these horrid, disgusting, dispicable persons should be singled out for the evil beings they are. If anyone had any love or respect for the great Wayne Bennett, they would do well to single out and cast their doubts on lowlives such as adamkungl and Cliffhanger. May these people rot for their crimes!
I would be more suspicious of Bunnies fans who actually believed he would be coming to their club and pinned so many hopes on that delusion, and now are they stuck trying to convince themselves of a delusion not even they can spin. Whoever the bunnies fans are, they have are suspect

Hallatia

Referee
it is also for the greater good of mankind in general that we rid the world of all bunnies fans

thorson1987

Coach
I would be more suspicious of Bunnies fans who actually believed he would be coming to their club and pinned so many hopes on that delusion, and now are they stuck trying to convince themselves of a delusion not even they can spin. Whoever the bunnies fans are, they have are suspect

This. and there was one fan who was certain he would sign for them. Apparently Waynes brother had said it.

So

Vote: Bunniesman

Jason Maher

Immortal
Hmmm... voting for metagame reasons. Not sure I like that. My eye is on the people going after BM.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Yea rabbitohs fans worry me. Sir Wayne didnt even give them the time of day and because of it they are destined to go premiershipless for another 3 decades

But mostly i think saints are responsible. Sir wayne leaves and they fall in a heap, sounds like a real tit for tat style thing...

But more than that, i worry about Earl, that guys always been sus.
Vote: Earl

Misanthrope

Staff member
Vote Count

Bunniesman: 1 (thorson87)
Earl: 1 (Raider_69)

11 more to lynch either of them.

Cliffhanger

Coach
To be fair to the Bunnies' and Dragons' fans, Bennett also screwed over the Sydney Roosters, so it's not only them who have a motive.

Personally, I think we should look no further than the new guy on the block, he seems far too friendly and odd to not be up to some creepy shit.

Vote: WOTBEH

Latest posts