What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Mafia (Game Thread)

Hallatia

Referee
I honestly did not think that deflecting an attack off some one would cause me to take the hit, I thought I would be deflecting it onto the attacker if someone chose to attack the person I chose to defend

Misanthrope

Staff member
I honestly did not think that deflecting an attack off some one would cause me to take the hit, I thought I would be deflecting it onto the attacker if someone chose to attack the person I chose to defend

Your power had nothing to do with your death. raider_69 killed you.

joshie

Live Update Team
Looks like it was Joshie that got me then. I was convinced it was Jason Maher.

I decided to murder you when you started saying I was mafia or something :lol: I actually had someone else lined up, who turned out to be a townie, so cheers for that haha

soc123_au

Staff member
I decided to murder you when you started saying I was mafia or something :lol: I actually had someone else lined up, who turned out to be a townie, so cheers for that haha

I had figured you and Jason were another Mafia faction with Bunniesman. BM was always going to be a soft target so I couldnt think of any other reason you were defending him. We slotted Jason the next night as revenge but we got the wrong man. Still any dead Townie was a win.

Misanthrope

Staff member
The Bad
adamkungl was Eddie McGuire, AFL-ARU Aligned Evil Genius. After engineering the merger of two of Australia’s biggest codes, you’re intent on bringing down the NRL for good.

You are the godfather of the mafia. You cannot be lynched or killed as long as John O’Neill is alive.

Each night you and your mafia allies can select one person to be killed. You also select which of your mafia members (including you) carries out the kill.

Your fellow mafia members are Butch McDick and socc123_au

Adam played the mafia don very well, although I did think his 'I am town, what shall we do?' ran a very fine line. Knowing he was unkillable while butch was alive, he did all of the killing himself - which would have been an excellent tactic if anybody had even once investigated him or tried to kill him.

He had the mafia in a very strong position and could have still won had senses voted any other way.

socc123_au was Karmichael Hunt, AFL-ARU Aligned Turncoat.

You turned your back on your country and then on your sport. You’re basically scum. However, your constant turns have confused people. If you are investigated, you will turn up as being NRL aligned.

Each night you and your mafia allies can select one person to be killed. You also select which of your mafia members (including you) carries out the kill.

Your fellow mafia members are Butch McDick and adamkungl.

A lucky night one death, socc didn't get much of a chance to participate in the fun after he was randomly murdered by joshie. Had he been investigated he would have shown up as town, but that never happened.

butch mcdick was John O’Neill, AFL-ARU Aligned Henchman.

As Eddie McGuire’s second in command, you’re an important man. As long as you are alive, Eddie McGuire cannot be killed.

Your fellow mafia members are adamkungl and socc123_au

Butch played the henchman role quite well, but somehow tipped off Didgi late in the piece and brought the whole thing down. Him being outed as mafia threw kungl's voting with him into disarray and that proved the beginning of the end.

Parra was Craig Foster, Cult of soccer Aligned Pseudo Journalist.

You’re preaching the greatness of ‘real football’ to anybody who will listen. Each night, you may choose a player to preach to. There is a 1 in 3 chance that the player will be converted to the Cult of soccer and become your ally.

You win if at least one member of your group is alive and all other players are dead (or if nothing can prevent the same).

The cult really got a real deal in this game, dying before they'd even had a chance to try recruiting anybody. Had Parra not been the hammer vote on BunniesMan, he might have been able to win a guy or two over to his cause.

raider_69 was John Ribot, News Limited Aligned Evil Genis.

If at any time you are targeted for a night action, there is a 1 in 2 chance the action will fail. Instead, the person targeting you will be converted to News Limited.

Additionally, as the head of your mafia, you may select one person to kill each night.

You win when News Limited outnumber all other remaining factions

Took a prize scalp on night one when he had Hallatia taken out, but didn't survive the night himself. It's a shame, his reverse cult thing could have proved quite a thorn in the side of the town or another mafia.
The Ugly
Scott Gourley's Love Child was Rebecca Wilson, Independent Serial Idiot.

You’re a bane on the great game and an all around terrible human being. Each night you may choose one player to subject to your hateful crap. That player will commit suicide to get away from you.

You win if only you are alive (or if nothing can prevent the same).

Scott went about his serial killing business to good effect until he somehow misunderstand the central precept of the game and started role-playing his venomous character. Once he'd drawn the attention to himself, it was impossible to right the wrong.​

BunniesMan

Immortal
Fascinating. At the start of the game I never would have thought there was multiple mafia factions.

I wish I was Eddie. Would have given everybody the shits when they couldn't kill me (more than once).

soc123_au

Staff member
I wish I was Eddie. Would have given everybody the shits when they couldn't kill me (more than once).

That would have been funny. It was already a big enough WTF the first time.

As someone who had never played before seeing all the roles is good. Makes a bit more sense now, it will be interesting to see how people change the way they play next game with different roles.

Misanthrope

Staff member
That would have been funny. It was already a big enough WTF the first time.

I played in a game where the mafia done outed himself on day one and told the town that they couldn't kill him until somebody else died.

They (of course) wasted a lynch trying, probably wasted a night's worth of kills trying, and then started killing off their own in earnest when the don would vote alongside people and make them look guilty.

Ended up winning the game.