What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 10 2018 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Bunnies got it.

Good to see other top teams having a day off.
Just not to our level.
Funny what could have been if we had beaten Roosters.

Blair

Coach
Meanwhile 'The Gubbernator' is firing up in Canberra! Great to see him hitting the line hard.

The Nine commentators are already talking about his hair and subsequent 'cult-status'.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Bad option Ata, trying the grubber on the third tackle. That was a crucial play for Canberra. A penalty and a full set in the opposition twenty, at 16-14 ahead with twenty to go.

Blair

Coach
That top eight, if we lose next week and the rest of them win then we drop to eighth! Bugger me. This top of the table stuff was fun while it lasted.

Bring on Origin, we might need to go on another run.

Last edited:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Didn't want to start a new topic so will put it in here

Anyone see Cleary on 360 last night ? One of the best coach interviews I have seen on there, he is very, very impressive and informative in regards to rebuilds etc

Scott

Bench
Didn't want to start a new topic so will put it in here

Anyone see Cleary on 360 last night ? One of the best coach interviews I have seen on there, he is very, very impressive and informative in regards to rebuilds etc

It was an outstanding interview. Really interesting about how he has started at 3 clubs basically at rock bottom with salary cap issues. Warriors in 06, Penrith in 2012 and now the Tigers. I doubt that there would be too many coaches capable of doing what he has achieved. I know he hasn't won a competition but he has a very very impressive record considering.

Blair

Coach
It was an outstanding interview. Really interesting about how he has started at 3 clubs basically at rock bottom with salary cap issues. Warriors in 06, Penrith in 2012 and now the Tigers. I doubt that there would be too many coaches capable of doing what he has achieved. I know he hasn't won a competition but he has a very very impressive record considering.

Cleary's two sackings out of three just illustrate how brutal headcoaching is.

I wonder how he feels about 1. His legacy at the Warriors being trashed post-2011 to 2017?, and 2. Griffin at Penrith reaping the benefits of Cleary's hardwork?

Cleary doesn't seem at all bitter on both counts though, a measure of the man. I'm bitter though.

Mooks is having a great season but, if I had a magic wand, we'd have Cleary back in the box at Mt Smart.

Blair

Coach
Smith got his one match ban for 'pulling the leg of an opponent in the tackle'.

His first ban since 2008. Ironically, the same club benefits, Manly!

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Smith got his one match ban for 'pulling the leg of an opponent in the tackle'.

His first ban since 2008. Ironically, the same club benefits, Manly!

And hopefully the same result !!

Was funny with ivan saying last year how when he played against Penrith it was such a crazy moment to have Nathan lining up a goal kick that would take the lead from 6 to 8 and kill the game. Obviously wanted him to miss with his Tigers cap on, but with his father cap on wanted him to kick it because it would be good for his career

Blair

Coach
And hopefully the same result !!

Was funny with ivan saying last year how when he played against Penrith it was such a crazy moment to have Nathan lining up a goal kick that would take the lead from 6 to 8 and kill the game. Obviously wanted him to miss with his Tigers cap on, but with his father cap on wanted him to kick it because it would be good for his career

From memory the kid's contract at Penrith expires next year.

Latest posts