What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 4 2018 - General Non-Warriors Thread

These talking heads complaining about the amount of penalties are the same ones previously complaining about how bad the play the ball was and teams not get back the 10m or off the line fast.

This averages penalties doesn't make sense either as most are coming in batches.

Now Freddie believes coaches don't mind a sin bin as 8 from 12 teams have won when having a player sin binned.

Fus believes the refs don't like the tighter ruling so they are finding more.

Make the 10m, play the ball properly and make an effort to clear the ruck and we shouldn't have a problem.

Storm and Sharks are 2 teams who have been pushing the rules and play boring football, that's why only 1 try.

Also heard Lewis say something that shed some light on issues the players have as well

Under the 2 ref system, you can get 1 ref that takes you back 13m and walks you onto the play the ball, then the other one takes over and is a static 10m and you get pinged

We need to look at this technology to sort out the 10m from the NFL.

I see it working as an augmented reality setup, ref can see line and home viewers.
Either tech in the ball or get the touchies doing some work being in line with the play the ball to project the 10m.
Then we will get consistency.

Big Marn

Juniors
watched the first 20mins of the newcastle v st george. Newcastle getting belted in tackles and cant hold the pill. St George just scored with a 2 man overlap. Going to get ugly fast.

Dragons have Bunnies and Sharks, both at home and both Friday nights.

We need to go thru Cows and Broncos at home and both Saturdays.

Blair

Coach
Dragons have Bunnies and Sharks, both at home and both Friday nights.

We need to go thru Cows and Broncos at home and both Saturdays.

What a turnaround to how dismal we were last year against the Dragons in Hamilton. Probably our must gutless performance of the year.

Izz

Bench
Just seen that Tigers are up 30-6 over Eels with 20 to go. The Eels are a rabble. Will they win any this year?

Blair

Coach
Yep, Eels had all the running in the final 20. Tigers ran out of gas

I'm not sure which media organisation had the Tigers and Warriors to finish 15th & 16th, in that order, but it was a big one.

After round four we're 2nd and 4th.

Stick that up ya!

Reactions: Izz
I'm not sure which media organisation had the Tigers and Warriors to finish 15th & 16th, in that order, but it was a big one.

After round four we're 2nd and 4th.

Stick that up ya!
Kent and Rothfield had us for spoon.

Anyone have us sitting 2nd?
I had us 12th.

Blair

Coach
Of course *shifty-eyed glances from side to side*
Nah, I had us down in the second half of the table too.

I'm sitting pretty with us in the top five. I reckon that was a reaction to seeing everyone else having us so low.

Sadly, I capitulated by Rd 26.