What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 7 2018 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
I missed the brawl, I was talking to the old man about the Warriors win.

I hate missing rumbles!

I've been watching rugby league for 28 years, I've seen a lot of extremely bad calls in my time, but I've just seen the worst call ever for that Slater 'try', enough for me to shut it down and forget about it tonight

Made even worse by that waste of space bunker having a chance to watch it 1000 times and still give it

It's apparently in the rule books.
Not sure if any presidence?
Even if in general play?

Blair

Coach
Milf, brilliant at one end and dumb at the other.

Yeah, I was just about to say the same thing. It was comedy gold actually. It's a cruel game, ay?

This is a fantastic game though. Are Melbourne just toying with them? Everytime the Broncos come wthin a try Melbourne just seem to score another.

That can't be a coincidence and makes me scared for Wednesday. Although, remember last year we'd all watch a game like this and think how superior both sides were to the Warriors? Well, not this year.

Blair

Coach
Milf's shattered at the final whistle. His great try was for nothing. That's an empty feeling.

Great double-header of league on a Friday night!

Yeah, I was just about to say the same thing. It was comedy gold actually. It's a cruel game, ay?

This is a fantastic game though. Are Melbourne just toying with them? Everytime the Broncos come wthin a try Melbourne just seem to score another.

That can't be a coincidence and makes me scared for Wednesday. Although, remember last year we'd all watch a game like this and think how superior both sides were to the Warriors? Well, not this year.
We have a challenge with travel and short turn around, a few injuries plus a high defensive effort we just had.

Broncos did us, Storm did Broncos.
Lucky this isn't maths!

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
That dunce Sutton has come out and said they got that decision right

That right there is why refereeing is in its worst state in history

Benek

Juniors

Yeah as Bennett said this is a game changer of a call. That means any time you drop the ball you can kick it forward and say "ref I was going for a drop-kick!". Maybe I don't understand the rule correctly but how could you possibly differentiate that from a knock on? It's just plain stupid.

Blair

Coach

You missed Billy's lap of honour at the end!

He had a really good game actually, running great lines, etc. I didn't see the dodgy try.

Izz

Bench
It's apparently in the rule books.
Not sure if any presidence?
Even if in general play?

Yeah as Bennett said this is a game changer of a call. That means any time you drop the ball you can kick it forward and say "ref I was going for a drop-kick!". Maybe I don't understand the rule correctly but how could you possibly differentiate that from a knock on? It's just plain stupid.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Have seen many people bring up that Benji thing, is close to what we saw but there is a huge difference.

At worst it was simultaneous contact with the foot/ground, if not slight contact before it touched the ground

Slaters clearly hit the ground and the contact with the foot came after that

Talking Benji, seems he is the sole reason for Tigers going ok.
0 points first half with no Benji.
18 points in less than 10mins with Benji.

Izz

Bench
Have seen many people bring up that Benji thing, is close to what we saw but there is a huge difference.

At worst it was simultaneous contact with the foot/ground, if not slight contact before it touched the ground

Slaters clearly hit the ground and the contact with the foot came after that
For what it's worth, i don't think Benji's should've been a try either

Blair

Coach

Ref said, 'that's a drop-goal attempt, it doesn't have to be aimed at the posts'.

Quite incredible, ay? Imagine if that decided a final.

JJ

Immortal
Warriors winning, Brisbane struggling, Manly getting flogged

Loving it :thumbsup: