What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRl Response

Alehana

Juniors
yea he was on this week, he basically said they've got no plans 4 expansion in2 perth. A second brisbane team is on the cards

oh FFS, sack gallop he doesn't have a clue, why r they developing a team in an area that is already strong? sure it has guaranteed income, but in the long run, its a band aid for a bullet wound, the afl r going to murder league if we dont expand, its like in economics where every buisness has to come to the decision, expand or get out, we are comming towards this decision, and the way gallop sees things we r going to get out.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well I bet the WARL are fuming after last nights performance by the supposed head of RL in this country. Why didn't the footy show invite Geoff Baldwin on to give a REAL opinion on how far away Perth is from the NRL. Despite a great game on the field there are very good reasons why RL is only popular in a couple of parts of the country, the people that run it! Short sightedness doesn't come in to it!

I am very close to giving up on Rl altogether and I never thought I'd say that!

joondalup_giant

Staff member
i dont understand y they dont just let the fans know what there intentions are as far as what direction the game is heading rather than keeping everythin so secretive

Nuke

Staff member
Gallop said towards the beginning of his sections that he is not a fan of the reduction of teams in Sydney (which I personally don't disagree with, especially -as he also said- given the uniqueness of the placing of teams in Sydney), and also said he doesn't foresee any expansion for the next 5 years or so (or more). He said 16 teams will be the number of teams we have for quite a while yet.

If this is the NRL keeping their WA cards very close to their chests, then the question I'd like to know is 'Why?'.
If this is the NRL being honest and have no intention of getting back to WA, then that is a very very poor effort and I would feel like throwing my arms up in the air. I'll still continue supporting League in WA and the WA Reds, but I'd kinda feel like there's only so much sh*t we can push up a hill. It just seems everything is so unnecessarily difficult and a struggle. Adding to this in recent weeks has been Ch9's decision to shove Sunday Afternoon Footy back to midnight after 18months of it being on at 2pm.

albert

Juniors
I am of the opinion that we will NOT get a team in the NRL.I am sick off beating my head against the wall, we do all the right things put a team in the JBC looking towards the Queensland cup.
But the bigshots look down on W.A.as an AFL state.As a supporter of League I am at my wits end,I am very thankfull that I have foxtel to watch League.Maybe in the next couple of years we can win one of the above comps we might be a force to be recond with.

KalgoorlieRed

Juniors
Well I bet the WARL are fuming after last nights performance by the supposed head of RL in this country. Why didn't the footy show invite Geoff Baldwin on to give a REAL opinion on how far away Perth is from the NRL. Despite a great game on the field there are very good reasons why RL is only popular in a couple of parts of the country, the people that run it! Short sightedness doesn't come in to it!

I am very close to giving up on Rl altogether and I never thought I'd say that!

Hang in their mate, I think the tide will turn with the growing pressure on NEws/Gallop and we may get some good news.

KalgoorlieRed

Juniors
The NRL could have an agenda which includes WA, but they certainly are not giving much away. I don't trust these people, they are sly and cunning, saying one thing and doing something else. It could be a game they are playing.

Perth Red

Post Whore
True but the damage they could be doing to the WARL and Reds in the mean time could undermine all the efforts at ground level to get a team back. As a sponsor who thought they might be sponsoring a team that would one day be in the NRL I know I would be having second thoughts, likewise a member of the Reds.