What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW cup side

stimpy

Juniors
oh k, i just asked someone at the ground and they told me he was playing for cessnock this year but that he was originally from wyong and mates with the coach. Anyhows he was ordinary like the rest of them. Not sure whats happened to the normal winger or if wes was meant to be on the wing.

Footin mouth

Juniors
I agree very ordinary. Michael Mate the normal winger was there and was in the team warm up but I don't know why he didn't start. Very disappointing game. There was also some strange interchanges on Sunday as well, Sam Anderson stayed on the bench for a long time before he got his second spell.

stimpy

Juniors
yeah footinmouth. Ive seen Anderson play a few times have been impressed with his impact and intensity. Also i rate Mate a lot higher than the winger who took his spot and some of the other contracted players, i.e sau and mata-utia. Pity these two guys arent getting more game time as they deserve to be picked ahead of the nrl contracted players currently in nsw cup IMO. Also IMO there are too many protected species in the Knights nsw cup team.

Footin mouth

Juniors
I totally agree with you in regards to protected species especially contracted players. Peter Mata-Utai was shocking on Sunday I don't know how he can be selected to play first grade. His defence against Canterbury in NSW cup game was just as bad or worse. I feel sorry for Michael Mate he really deserved to play on Sunday, I don't think he was injured either. Probably one no name player I like to see have a crack at first gade is Mantellato.

Adsy

Juniors
Knights won 44 - 12 on the weekend and Korbin Sims scored a try by the looks of it.

Wayne trying to get him ready for first grade? I believe that's now the second game he has played in reserves this year.

Johns Magic

Referee
Let's hope so.

KOD and Sims off the bench would at least bring some enthusiasm, which would just be absolutely lovely to see in our pack.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
We couldn't use Sims before because he'd have taken us over the second-tier salary cap. Now can we use him Fa'aoso has been offloaded to the Storm?

aqua_duck

Coach
In my opinion we need to explore that KOD, Tets and Korbin avenue further the rest of this year, if nothing else atleast they'd give us some size. I'd also give Pat VaiVai a run in NSW cup

Latest posts