What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Cup

Tigerm

First Grade
IMG_0637.jpeg
Fiji Bati prop Gordon Whippy training with Wests Magpies NSW Cup
Supposedly loves the tough stuff? One to watch I think?

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT

Former Manly Flegg half Harradyn Wilson and the great man, the #TolaiTaxi Jimmy Ngutlik back from an ACL injury

Jimmy had some speed from memory, good to see him back?

Vic Mackey

Referee
NBWT

Former Manly Flegg half Harradyn Wilson and the great man, the #TolaiTaxi Jimmy Ngutlik back from an ACL injury

Jimmy had some speed from memory, good to see him back?

yes thats positive

our nsw cup side for the last 2 years has been horrendous, full of 25-26 year old guys who will neve rget near NRL. This year it looks like its going to be full of 20-23 year olds with potential which is exactly what you want.

Tigerm

First Grade
yes thats positive

our nsw cup side for the last 2 years has been horrendous, full of 25-26 year old guys who will neve rget near NRL. This year it looks like its going to be full of 20-23 year olds with potential which is exactly what you want.
Jimmy was the guy who was here a year or two back, got injured then went home didn’t he?

Tigerm

First Grade
yes thats positive

our nsw cup side for the last 2 years has been horrendous, full of 25-26 year old guys who will neve rget near NRL. This year it looks like it’s going to be full of 20-23 year olds with potential which is exactly what you want.
Also, interesting we have another half on the books, from a famine to a feast?

Tigerm

First Grade
On twitter:
The #TolaiTaxi Jimmy Ngutlik back from an ACL injury suffered in the 2023 preseason 🇵🇬

Ryan Garner, former WT Flegg winger and younger brother of former Tiger Luke, has returned to the Wests NSW Cup setup.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
On twitter:
The #TolaiTaxi Jimmy Ngutlik back from an ACL injury suffered in the 2023 preseason 🇵🇬

Ryan Garner, former WT Flegg winger and younger brother of former Tiger Luke, has returned to the Wests NSW Cup setup.
That's awesome news. Jimmy is another black flash. I hope he gets thru preseason unscared, that's his first priority.
He did his knee at the same time AD did his.
I don't know much about Luke's brother, is he a goodin?

Tigerm

First Grade
That's awesome news. Jimmy is another black flash. I hope he gets thru preseason unscared, that's his first priority.
He did his knee at the same time AD did his.
I don't know much about Luke's brother, is he a goodin?
Re: Luke’s brother, no idea, surprised that they are still coming in tbh?
Barstards missed all the pre Xmas hard training hahahaha

Tigerm

First Grade
On twitter:
Some of the players doing NSW Cup preseason:

Jimmy Ngutlik
Josh Finau
Harradyn Wilson
Ryan Garner
Bailey Hodges
James Valevatu
Petelo Kepaoa
Cayne Nicholas
Will Craig
Iverson Matai
Jay Kirk
Zak Clarke
Steve Taupau
Gordon Whippy
Herman Tofaeono
John Tuivaiti
Johnny Lee Gabrael

Vic Mackey

Referee
On twitter:
Some of the players doing NSW Cup preseason:

Jimmy Ngutlik
Josh Finau
Will Craig
Iverson Matai

The hope is that most of the these guys aren’t required, if the top 30+ 6 dev guys are healthy that list should be playing Ron Massey. The four I’ve left there are the ones you’d be fine to see on the team sheet.

Finau is still only 21 I think, was very highly rated prop in sharks top 30 a year or so ago. Matai a smart young half we got from the dogs. Ngutlik the PNG winger who did his ACL last pre season. Craig is on a dev deal next year but I’d say will mainly be in Flegg for 24.

Tigerm

First Grade
The hope is that most of the these guys aren’t required, if the top 30+ 6 dev guys are healthy that list should be playing Ron Massey. The four I’ve left there are the ones you’d be fine to see on the team sheet.

Finau is still only 21 I think, was very highly rated prop in sharks top 30 a year or so ago. Matai a smart young half we got from the dogs. Ngutlik the PNG winger who did his ACL last pre season. Craig is on a dev deal next year but I’d say will mainly be in Flegg for 24.
There's been a bit of chatter about Gordon Whippy, do you anything about him?

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT twitter
Interesting stat?
51 players featured in NSW Cup for Wests in 2023.

36 are no longer at WT.

The 15 that remain include those that played 1-2 games including Bula, TDS, Laulilii, Faagutu, Toa, Tupou.

Nutz

Bench
51170588160_0a46ae26f6_b.jpg
Are we going to see Gordan Whippy play in the curtain raiser on the weekend?
Whippy signed with the tigers on a supplementary contract but could move up to the NRL level later in the season.
The Fijian prop, who is likened to Sony Bill Williams and is 21yrs young.
Started with the Raiders then Souths and recently made his debut for Fiji Bati alongside Jahream Bula.
I've read somewhere he's represented in swimming and athletics so he's a natural athlete but weird for a prop???

Nutz

Bench
NBWT twitter
Interesting stat?
51 players featured in NSW Cup for Wests in 2023.

36 are no longer at WT.

The 15 that remain include those that played 1-2 games including Bula, TDS, Laulilii, Faagutu, Toa, Tupou.
Can you quickly check the last 20 years pls Tm, just to see if there is a trend happening:)

Latest posts